Which TF characters you feel has too much criticisms?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by kaijuguy19, Feb 18, 2012.

1. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    We have characters that are either liked or hated or just netruel. However there are times where there are some TF characters have too much critiscms out there that kind of make either a false or exageratided image, So who do you think has too much criticsms thrown at them?

Mine are

Que from DOTM: Now he's a character that not many people are into due to his desgin and role also as a representation of the character Wheeljack. However I find him to be quite a plesent character to watch onscreen. Hw may not be a good version of Wheeljack but he does live up to his role as scientist and some of his inventions do come in handy. His personalty's a nice change from the rset of the Autobots who are a group of hardened fighters and such. So I was pretty taken aback about how he died so violently in the end. Even more so then Ironhide's death*No offnese Ironhide fans.* I guess maybe seeing a non shouldur characer being killed lie that is quite a diferent story then seeing a though warrior diying.

Raf from Transformers Prime.: This still baffles me. A lot of people complaned about even annoyed of Rafs character. Now this is due to him not showing much character and not having an explanation for his techno gifts yet. This is understandable. What baffles me is that thye say he's on the same level of annoyence as Miko. Now Miko I DO think she's annoying no doubt about that but labeling Raf in that level is just over the top! Raf has done nothing worthy of criticsms other then being a bit bland. The poor kid dose'nt really deserve that.

Arcee from Transformers Prime: You're probably thinking right now. "What a minute! Prime Arcee's one of the most popluar charactr out there! Why is she on the list?" Well it's true that she is one of the most popular versions of Arcee to date and for good reason. However there are people who dislike her,hate her entirely,or just think she's a poor character. While these are their own opinons on her and I do respect that some of them also kind of exagerrate her grief and flaws making her look like an emotinal idiot who can't get over her pertners death who goes around screaming "MY PERNTERS ARE DEAAD!!!" This is becoming very annoying and while it's true that her vengeful urges can get on peoples nerves including me at one point it's like however they seem to forget her good parts about her character and only focus on her flaws. First off there's a reason why she was a bit pushy,bitter and vengeful in the first couple of episodes. She was tramuatized and devestated by Cliffjumper's death who she began to grow a bond with after her first partner's death Tailgate by the hands of Arachnid only for him to get scrapped by Starscream. People in real life tend to be more pushy or bitter after a death of a loved one which shows that they are not moving on gracefuly like how Arcee's having a hard time struggling with her emotions. It shows that she's being human and realsitic about it and that's pretty unique in the franchise so far. Not many characters have that triat that's what makes Arcee stand out for me at least. She thought by being pushy agrresive and vengeful she can move on with her life. She's slowy finding out however that it's the wrong path for overcoming your bitterness. She is indeed coming to terms with her past and is becoming more open and caring towrds her freinds and teammates espcially towards Jack whom she's growing a close bond with. One day she will overcome it and she'll be more awsome because of it. While she is indeed flawd she's certainly not unstable either. There are times which she has shown she's smart and capable of thinking out of a situation. She also knows when to aplogize when she's doing wrong. By the way her talks of her dead partners only occured in two episodes That's not a lot if you think about it. She doesn't always go on about how her partners are dead so cut it out with the jokes already.

I knw this is yet another Arcee post by me and I know that you're starting to get tiered of it but this is my thougt on it nothing more. I just think some people exgaerrate and only focus on her flaws too much. Soem are actually saying that she should've been a secondary character. My repsonse? I disagree entirely. She never had ANY spotlight let alone have a main character position until Prime came along. It's grat that Arcee finally has a time to shine!

Jack Darby from Transformers Prime He doesn't have much cristicsm aimed at him as Raf. In fact he's labled as one of the best humans out in TF so far. Still people complain about him being an emo and being awkward among girls. Let me tell you Jack is far from being an emo. He's serious minded and he knows when the time comes to be serious. That's a big difference between that and an emo. He also has much deveolpment in the series to.

Optimus Prime from Transformers Prime People have complaned about him being dull,bland and unintresting. It's true that he hasn't shown much character yet however it could mean that he's either hiding something or just being burdend with responsiblty which could have crippled his emoitons severley . He also has some wisdom and guidance while being a bit preachey doe still have truth to them.

Sentinal Prime from Trasnformers Animated He's a character that pretty much everyone hates to the core for being such an insensitive jerk during the series. While it's very much true that he's an all time jerk who resorted to low levels,we should also bear in mind that he may have soem guitl going on inside him. Back during the early days of Optimus's and Sentinal's friendship with Elita 1 they went to that resricted aeria whic was Sentinal's idea. When they lose Elita Sentinal openly blames Optimus for the loss when intruth he knows that he was the one who had the idea not Optimus. Since then he used his guilt and grief to lash out at people just to vent out his frustration. Some people in real life do that when they won't admit that thye feel guilty about things. The whole incedant in the episode Rise of the Predacons only made him feel even worse about it. Optimus understands this and despite wanting to bust Sentinals chops for being such an arrogent jerk he understands that Sentinal is devestated about Elita just as much as he did and if he could he may try to help him though it if Sentianl would allow it.

The ROTF Twins from ROTF These guys have been infamously been riduculed as being racist characters and annoying. Thye are to me actually fun characters. Yes they can be annoying at time but then again they are just being brothers to each other. If they wenr't made out to be gangster sterotypes people would've been more forgiven.

So what are your list of characters that you feel get too much complaints?

2. Nope

Nope Predacon

News Credits:
    Haha, can't say I'm surprised you put her down.

BW Drill Bit - That guy is the king and the best IDW character ever.

3. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Prime Optimus Prime - At least he isn't some crazyfacestealingtruckwithflames.

4. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Rodimus Prime. He was a far more interesting and deep character than Optimus but he's pretty much the hate lightning rod for everyone who didn't like season three, to the point where he's frequently accused of murdering Optimus.

And the Twins deserve every single scrap of criticism they get.

5. SuperJazz

SuperJazz Dictator of my Dimension

I will always hate Sentinel, so what if he feels bad? He's still a jerk deep down and I will never waste my pity on him. And Optimus felt bad too, but you don't see him being a jerk to everyone. He's at least earned the title of "Prime".

And do not even get me started on the twins... no... it's not worth it.... don't...start... argument....over... this

6. StacyGrsley

StacyGrsley Banned

Herp and Derp
    [​IMG]

7. SuperJazz

:lolol  :lolol  Nice! :lolol 

8. SuperJazz

This, is so true it hurts.

9. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Skids - No I'm Derp
    Mudflap - Wanna try me?
    Skids - Sure
    *They end up killing each other with their stupidity.*

10. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

Rodimus Prime/Hot Rod came to mind immediately.

11. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Half of the characters in the movie-verse could fit here:

Movie-Optimus Prime - Just because he isn't a paragon of virtue who is around there giving his money to orphans or something, he's considered a crazed psychopath, he is a High-Ranking Soldier. Nothing less, nothing more. In real-life, every single act he comitted would be perfectly fine by the law's standards. But no, he isn't letting Megatron run away like an utter moron? He's Evil.

Movie-Sentinel Prime - He's often seen as far more villanous than he actually is [by the movie-verse fanbase, in fact], he was a very ambiguous Anti-Villain, everything he did was to save his own species and planet, and further more, he didn't want a tyrant [Megatron] rulling it, he's only a villain because his methods are too extreme [he wants to enslave nine billion people and anihilate the good guys to ensure his plan will work].

Movie-Megatron - Despite the fact he was an utterly brillant schemer, had an excellent voice-actor and good designs, he's seen as "the Megatron who achieved the less" [which is laughably not true, he did more than half of the Megatrons in the TF franchise], and his character development in DOTM is seen as a horrible thing [I wonder why].

ROTF-Fallen - Yes, he died very easily, but he had a brillant voice-actor, an interesting backstory, some bitchin' powers and was remarkably Genre Savvy [tvtropes] for a TF villain.

Movie-Ratchet - He was underplayed, but people Flanderize [tvtropes] everything about him, he doesn't manage to wrestle a Protoform in a useless scene of DOTM? He's a weakling [never mind he killed more Protoforms in DOTM than Mirage and Sideswipe combined did, also Brawl's arm], He doesn't jump into battle like a madman? He's a useless soldier [see Protoform point above], he never cured cancer single-handedly? Horrible doctor [BB's legs apparently don't count, neither do diagnosing Sentinel Prime without even touching him], seriously, he's one of the most skilled 'Bots in the movies.

WheeljaQue - He was afraid of dying, which apparently means "you're a wuss" to the fanbase, here, let me shoot you through the lungs and leave you to bleed to death, you'll be suddenly be reavaliating WheeljaQue's reaction.

ON TFP..

Miko - She's a fun gal I think, she really did cause a lot of problems, but there were a lot of cases where she really wasn't to blame [like rushing in the Energon Cave in Rock Bottom, as far as they knew, there was no danger there], and a lot of cases where her attitude actually helped [such as her deciding to teleport to the train in the Silas episode].

12. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    People hate on any human too much I think. Some are justified, some aren't, but I can't sake the feeling that hey're harsher on everybody because they are human by default.

13. Sideways77

Sideways77 oh shoogah

News Credits:
    The main ones I can think of are Miko, both Sentinel Primes, most of the Movie Decpeticons, and Prime Prime.

Oh, and Arcee doesn't have nearly enough criticism as she deserves!

14. StacyGrsley

StacyGrsley Banned

I never said I hate them.
    :redface2: 

15. Nope

Nope Predacon

News Credits:
    He never said you did.

16. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Oh you fangirls... :lol 

17. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Drift. He really isn't that Mary sue-ish in fiction. The hype he got really clouded people's judgment here.

Movie Bumblebee - I really feel the hate directed towards his radio speak is excessive. I think it works well enough and is quite unobtrusive.

TFP Bumblebee, on the other hand...

18. Ironhide1706

Ironhide1706 Elessar Telcontar

Looks at first post...sees Arcee post with massive wall of text. Yep, it's kaiju!

I will hate Hot Rod forever, I will dislike Arcee until she pulls her bloody act together (today's ep didn't help) and I think Movie Starscream gets too much criticism. Awesome design is awesome.

19. Sideways77

Sideways77 oh shoogah

News Credits:
    :lol 

Agreed on all three terms. Hot Rod never appealed to me. Yeah, Kaiju's wrong. Arcee is still her dumbass self, rushing into suicidal moments for no reason. I know we're only one episode in, but still. And I will always love Movie Starscream. We don't get Dorito-shaped chicken legged robots with awesome voiced as much, and Starscream fits that bill. His design rocks.

20. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wheelie.