Which super hero/comic book movie are you looking forward to most this year?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Rusty24, Feb 7, 2012.

?

Which superhero movie are you most excited for?

1. The Avengers

19 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. The Dark Knight Rises

13 vote(s)
    34.2%
  3. The Amazing Spiderman

5 vote(s)
    13.2%
  4. Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance

1 vote(s)
    2.6%
  1. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

Which super hero/comic book movie are you looking forward to most this year?

For me the top spot goes to The Avengers easily. Joss Whedon is one of my favorite writers/directors and I hope this is his big break into big blockbuster movies. The action looks amazing, the dialogue will be witty, and you get to experience the first ever superhero team up in the history of movies. I also like all of the actors and actresses involved in the movie and I'm sure that they'll do a good job.

My second most anticipated superhero movie of 2012 is The Amazing Spiderman. I like the direction that they're taking this in and it seems like they really care about the source material and the fans. The trailers look promising and I'm interested to see how well they differentiate it from Raimi's movies. I'm also a huge Spiderman fan.

In third place is The Dark Knight Rises. Batman Begins is in my top five superhero films of all time. The Dark Knight was good, but I thought it was highly overrated. The Dark Knight Rises looks really good so far, but I'm just not as excited for it, compared to The Avengers and The Amazing Spiderman.

My least anticipated comic book movie of the year is Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance. I'm not saying that it will be a bad movie. In fact, I think just the opposite. It looks like a lot of fun and the action scenes look bada**. It looks like an improvement over the first one from the trailers. However, it looks like it could be incredibly dumb and it might wind up being just a standard action movie. I'm not saying that I want this to be Shakespeare though, I just don't want the material to go too over-the-top like the Crank movies.

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Dark Knight Rises and nothing else.

3. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

The Avengers.

4. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    The first 3 although I want the Dark Knight Rises most. Never cared about Ghostrider.

5. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    Dark Knight Rises.

Fuck the Avengers!

6. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dark Knight Rises, by a wide margin; likely the only movie I'll see in theatres this year. I might check out Amazing Spider-Man, if it gets very good reviews but, even then, it's still probably a rental. Ghost Rider isn't something I've ever been interested in and, while Avengers doesn't look too bad, I'm not seeing it because Joss Whedon is crap.

7. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

I'm actually going to go with The Amazing Spiderman.

I would say Dark Knight Rises, which would be true, but the reason I say Spiderman is because I really want to see how this movie turned out. The new trailer really makes it look promising.(The suit is not that bad.) I want a good Spiderman film after the debacle that was Spiderman 3.

For some reason the Avengers trailer just didn't get me that hyped. But I do want to see it. And I really didn't care for the first Ghost Rider film, so I'm probably not going to see the second.

8. OrionsBelt

OrionsBelt Well-Known Member

The Avengers, everything else looks like crap.

9. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Say that again while I grab my batarangs.

10. Crazy Ramjetty

Crazy Ramjetty marvel's got it good

[​IMG]

11. erjaho0614

erjaho0614 Autbot/Maximal

I went with the Avengers, mainly because I've enjoyed the Marvel movies and am really intrigued by a team of superheroes versus a solo hero. Plus, it comes out first. A very close 2nd is TDKR since I've liked the first 2 Nolan-helmed Batman films and am curious to see how he finishes up the trilogy.

12. Ironhide1706

Ironhide1706 Elessar Telcontar

The Dark Knight Rises

I hate Marvel so much....Iron Man is the only decent character in The Avengers. Everyone else is just too Mary Sue-like.

13. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

The more Avengers trailers come out, the more I look forward to the movie's release. Strangely I have the opposite reaction to The Dark Knight Rises. Nolan just doesn't seem to know how to do a trailer that gets your blood running and fill you with anticipation. Right now even The Amazing Spider Man looks more promising by comparison.

14. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus Big Green Dead?

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    The Dark Knight Rises. Avengers will be somewhat a flop because of it distrobution partner.

15. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Why do I get this feeling that you've said this because Thor and Captain America aren't crippled by personal problems? Sure, Tony Stark is an interesting man what with his battles with the bottle, his own ego and James Bond-esque approach to life.

But why does that mean Cap and Thor have to dislike their job in some way? Why can't Captain America be an all around nice guy? One of the things I loved about the Cap movie was that Steve Rogers stepped up because he wanted to. And Thor is a Viking space God, if you can't find some enjoyment out of that, then you're not trying hard enough.

I'm looking forward to 'The Avengers' because I want to see how these six vastly different characters bounce off each other and become a group so tight-knit they're a family.

And while we're on this one, bring on an adaptation of Captain Marvel, and inject some god damned fun back into the Superhero genre for DC before Batman's grim and gritty dark hole becomes even worse.

16. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

Dark Knight Rises all the way

17. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For me, the Dark Knight Rises gets my top spot, because the narrative choices they've chosen so far are very mysterious. I am excited to see the approach they take with this. I hope we get a good character-driven story.

Amazing Spider-man comes second for similar reasons to the above. It's a fresh approach to the Spider-man mythos, and I'm excited to see something new.

The Avengers is a close third. I am actually very excited for the movie. It's just, compared to the other two, I feel that I already know the general style that Avengers will take, while the other two are more unpredictable.

Ghost Rider? I guess it might be worth a watch, but it doesn't come close to the other three behemoths of comic book movies.

18. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Ghost Rider is my guilty pleasure. I like Nicholas Cage and the idea of a flaming headed biker who can shot hellfire from a shotgun is pretty cool but its low on the list compared to Avengers.

19. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    Dark Knight Rises, followed by The Avengers and The Amazing Spider-Man.

20. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    ^agreed