Which stays in box: Camshaft or Menasor?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TJOmega, Oct 6, 2007.

1. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Here's the thing about my collection, I hate the MISB concept, all of mine are open and on display to be enjoyed as more than just statues for resale value. But I do want to keep one rarer figure MISB so I can say I have one. For now, it's been Alternator Camshaft.

However. I just got in Titanium Menasor and I'm at an impass. He looks better in package being in robot mode and he's fewer in numbers being a convention exclusive. However he's not as desired as Camshaft who has also been around longer. Camshaft also goes for more, but lately I've noticed a decline in demand for the figure. And having a full set of Alternators, I can't add Camshaft to the collection in-package.

So I might open both, but I'd prefer to keep one sealed... so which do you think deserves to stay pristene more?

2. The Rage

The Rage Parapsychologist

Ebay:
    I've kept my entire Alt collection MISB, but thats just because I open everything else. I also kept Menasor MISB because I have an open Rodimus. So if you've opened the rest of your alts, might as well open Camshaft, and leave Menasor in the box.

3. Reeds

Reeds Q-Wing Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

if you're going to keep one sealed, keep the Camshaft sealed. You can always buy another ti Menasor on HTS.com where they're still available for $19.99. Cam is harder to come by.

4. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    I would say keep Camshaft sealed unless you can display him with the rest of your Alt's.

5. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would pick Camshaft. Titaniums aren't so hot with some people anyhow because of the quality.... At least that's how I interpret it....

6. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Keep Menasor sealed, open your Camshaft and swap his arms to the color is right.

7. bouncing boy77

bouncing boy77 Syntax Error

keep camshaft misb. like the others said, even titanium menasor is a sdcc exclusive, its still available at hts at retail price. camshaft's more valuable.

8. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Keep Alt Cammy sealed....your chances of finding another MISB at a decent price are slim....you can go to HTS right now and order another TiT Menasor....so yeah, open Menasor....

Now that I think about it, wasnt Alt Roddy and TiT Menasor released on the same day at HTS?......and they still have TiT Menasor?

9. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I say open BOTH!!!!!! DO IT!!!!! You know you want to. I would.

10. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

Yeah, open both! Camshaft would be the smart one to keep sealed, but then your alt collection would be down one. Open them both and enjoy.

11. taterx

taterx Lurkin since Transfandom

That Camshaft will be a pain in the fender to transform just like the other alts so leave it MISB.

12. Dark_Rage

Dark_Rage Jaded Member

The TIT Menasor is a much more durable toy than the Alts Camshaft right? And you can still order him on HTS? Wow, and I think he was a popular figure.

Even if you don't open Camshaft, at least you'll be spared of his horrible popping side doors at least :lol 

Alternators to me just look beautiful sealed, but that's just my opinion, heh.

13. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

As smart as it is to kep Camshaft sealed, think to yourself, "am I going to sell it or do I want to display it?" I did that when I got Nemesis Prime last year, but since I have all the Alts displayed I figure it would be better for me to have it displayed. I have Camshaft and am glad I opened him. I also just got Titanium Menasor and know that the Titaniums look nicer in the box, so I might leave him in there just for display purposes. I'm really not going to sell, just like how it looks.

14. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Well it was Menasor that went under the knife... I'm tempted to crack open Camshaft as well. I was never interested in collector's value, I dont intend to resell my collection and even if I eventually do I'm satisfied with what they would bring in loose. But the bragging rights of having a rare figure still MISB is nice to have around. As far as I knew Camshaft's demand had died down, I remember Super Megatron getting his hands on several and having trouble unloading them.

15. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    Ill be the person who doesn't say "ZOMG CAMSHAFT WOULD BE LIEK WORTH MORE $$$$$".

My two cents is that you should open which ever figure you don't have a variant of (ie if you have Alt Prowl, but not Ti Rodimus, then open Menasor, or if you have Ti Rodimus and not Alt Prowl then open Camshaft).

Short of that whichever one you think would look best on display.

PS I too am strongly against MISB. The only things I have MISB are RM R Blade (I got two because I loved it so much that I wanted an extra in case one deteriorated, which hasn't happened yet) and Movie Swindle (got two, saving it for kitbash/repaint for whenever I have the time).