Which Springer do you prefer?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by NeoZeRo35, Nov 22, 2008.

1. NeoZeRo35

NeoZeRo35 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I can't decide which one to get, the Botcon or 2-pack w/Ratbat? Which do you prefer and which do you think looks better with the classics line as a whole?

Also, if anyone has pics along with maybe CC Ultra Magnus and Hot Rod that would be great!

2. DJ Soundwave

DJ Soundwave Action Figure Master

The Evac Repaint .... that way it gives you an excuse to have a Roadbuster in there .

3. Obvious Prime

Obvious Prime Purple Repaint

News Credits:
    I have them both, and I like the Universe one way more.

4. djmagic

djmagic Well-Known Member

I agree with the universe one. That way you wont have a springer and roadbuster being the same.

5. Hoolagrin

Hoolagrin Wheelie Rules! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like the headsculpt on the Botcon one better, and the sword he has rocks. The universe one however is much cheaper.

6. Ravage

Ravage Decepticons forever!

I say Universe. Aside from the color scheme, the Botcon one doesn't remind me of Springer at all.

7. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    I prefer the Universe version of Springer because he's a chopper and the autobots have too few aerial alt modes and because I want to be able to use Roadbuster in my collection.

8. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Movie Wingblade:wink: 

9. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

i have a 1st botcon, sentimentality with my botcon springer, so there is my vote.

10. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The whole situation is kind of annoying. If you get the Botcon one, you're out a lot of money, and then if you get Roadbuster too you've got yourself a goofy pair of clones. If you get the Target one, well, you're forced into another pair of goofy clones if you also bought the new Blades, and he'll be too big compared to Classics 'Rod and others. Plus, either way, you don't have a triple changing version and it's just a repaint :( 

Springer deserves an updated triple changing mold of his own :mad 

That said...the Botcon one's colors are so much nicer imo, CD Hotshot's head is a much better fit for Springer than Evac's, and the toy is a better scale for the character compared to other Classics/Universe figures. If money isn't an issue, go for him.

Here's one of Peaugh's pictures from the City Commander feedback thread. If it doesn't sell you on Botcon Springer, I'm not sure what would:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 22, 2008
  11. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    i personally like the universe one..thats the only one i can afford too :D  but i think it looks a bit better..but neither of them are actually g1-accurate, although the paint apps are pretty cool...get the universe, save urself a lot of money...the botcon one isnt that much better to justify the price

12. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Both are good toys, but neither really says "Springer" to me.

13. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Personally I'm leaving my universe shelf/shelves Springerless until he gets his own new triple changer mold.

14. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

I don't think the CD Hot Shot mold suits Springer at all.

15. Mad_Jester

Mad_Jester Wreckers

Having neither, my opinion would be Universe Springer. Simply because Springer was never a big rolling tank thing like the Botcon version. He was however a helicopter, well, a third of the time anyway. Plus he was a helicopter in the War Within comic.

Now don't take my endorsement of this figure as me liking it. I truly wish they would give Springer the credit he deserves. How can they make a new mold for Tankor/Octane, who I don't even remember, and not give the Han Solo of Transformers his own triple changer mold. I just don't get it.

Because they've already come out with a Botcon and a Retail in the Universe line, I doubt we'll really ever see a accurate Springer anytime soon. :( 

16. catch22

catch22 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Springer is just about highest on my "please give this guy a new mold in Universe" wishlist. Classics/Universe Triple-changers have unfortunately been pretty underwhelming, though. Hasbro needs to stop cramming triple-changers into Deluxes. Make it Voyager sized, and price it as an Ultra.

Neither the CD Hot Shot or Evac mold work better as Springer than as Roadbuster and Blades. If I had to choose though, I'd go with Evac-Springer; the Hot Shot mold looks better, but no way is a repaint that's already better served by a different character worth that kind of cash.

17. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

The Energon Homage...can't remember his name.

18. Peanut04

Peanut04 Under Construction

News Credits:

Exactly. I do like the CD Hot Shot mold, but I don't think it make a good Springer. At least with the Unniverse Version you are getting one of his Alt modes.

19. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    Bulkhead. Except for the orange, he is completely bad@$$, and I want one more than most.

:thumb 

20. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

I second this. I have both, and they each have their charms and are fantastic toys in their own right, but they are both halfway attempts at best as far as actually evoking Springer.

As a mold, I far prefer Evac over CD Hotshot.... Hotshot has lots of nifty weapons and a cool vehicle mode, but his robot mode suffers from mediocre-to-poor articulation. However, there is no denying that the Botcon color scheme is BEAUTIFUL on that mold. The silver, pale green, dark green, and gold highlights go great together, even if the tones aren't quite right for Springer. Also, Hotshot has a nicer-looking head, though it still doesn't feel Springery.... it has the crest, but not the "wider than it is tall" head shape I associate with Springer (ironically, I think the most Springer-ish head mold in recent years is the one for Alternators Rodimus, which IMO looks much more like Springer than like Hot Rod).

The Universe toy definitely got the colors right (though it could have used a yellow chest). And Springer's helicopter mode seems to be his dominant alt mode for most people, so that gives this figure an edge. The head still doesn't look like Springer, but it looks "older" than the Hotshot face (I dunno, I always pegged Springer for a slightly older character).

Honestly, as much as I love the Botcon figure, I'm gonna have to say the Universe figure makes a better Springer.