Which Soul of Chogokin Evangelion Fig Should I Pick Up Next?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by soundwaveCA, Sep 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Ok I was hoping to avoid this but I'm really having a tough time deciding. I recently picked up the blue version of Eva Unit 00 and love this thing to death. These things are by far the best toy representations of Eva toys to date by a long shot. As much as I also like the Revoltech Eva's, these things just made them look like cheap KO's as far as I'm concerned. Not to say the Revoltech arnt cool or anything especially for the price, but these are just the "Masterpiece Primes" so to speak, versions of Eva toys.

Anyway I'm down to either Unit 01 or Unit 03. I've seen both up close in person as an anime shop here has them on display along with the rest of them, but even with this I'm still racking my brains choosing between them. The great thing about Unit 01 is that it comes with way better and a wider variety of accessories then 03 does, but unit 03 also comes with half decent accessories as well. Unit 01 though has the killer accessories such as multiple guns and swords compared to 03's bazooka and Axe. Now what I really find Unit 03 has going for it is its well different as Unit 01 has been done to death wile 03 just seems to be a nice change as Unit 01 is just played up so much. As well as I find the toy itself just edges out Unit 01 in the looks department.

I really want both but I really only have enough budgeted for one, so what do you guys think? Unit 01 or Unit 03?

2. Kristof

Kristof Well-Known Member

I would say get both in the long run, but since you only want one you should really go with your gut I guess.

Are the prices the same?
    What is the current rarity of the two?

From a display stand point Unit-01 would go better with Unit-00 since they actually appear together in the anime I suppose.

But as we all know, everything looks better in black.

3. Chaos Incarnate

Chaos Incarnate Not just a name.

News Credits:
    You know, from my personal experience with them, (I played with a EVA-01 a while back) they are kinda floppy. Anyhow, I'd go with the Unit 01, since it is so iconic. I personally and getting all six Revoltechs eventually. Say what you want, but I love having an Eva army, and I love those little things.

4. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If I was given the choice...Unit 1. You can't go wrong with it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.