Which series do you think Transformers: Resolute to look like?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Superion33, Apr 26, 2009.

?

Which show do you want TF: Resolute to be similar to?

1. Similar to GI Joe Resolute

35 vote(s)
    43.8%
  2. Similar to Gundam (Transformers: Gundam)

22 vote(s)
    27.5%
  3. Similar to Batman: The Animated Series (Transformers: The Animated Series)

8 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. Similar to Avatar: The Last Air Bender

5 vote(s)
    6.3%
  5. Similar to Justice League

3 vote(s)
    3.8%
  6. Similar to Star Wars: The Clone Wars

7 vote(s)
    8.8%
  1. Superion33

Superion33 Banned

Supposedly, there is going to a TF series similar to GI Joe: Resolute. Lets just pretend the rumor is right and we actually ARE going to get a TF: Resolute, how would you want the series to look like? I am going to put up just a few of the choices in a poll and you guys can PM more choices I might have forgotten. After this thread is dead, we can make a new thread with an agreed upon 10 choices and vote again. Also, which old series do you want the new series to be based on and look like? G1? Beast Wars? RID? Animated? Movie? Transtech? IDW? Dreamwave? Something else?

2. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

I'm really not sure what some of those choices mean... let's see...

GIJOE Resolute = dead serious fanwank version of the old cartoon, but with more collateral damage, "attitude" and death

Transformers-Gundam = (assuming you mean UC Gundam-style) dead-serious, extremely realistic sci-fi war story, with lots of brooding, anguish, and emotional baggage.

Batman Animated Series = uhhh... what? The TFs are even blockier, transform into 1940's style vehicles, and hang around a shadowy deco city? :) 

Avatar Transformers = smarter version of a kiddie show, with a strong faux-anime aesthetic, some serious plots, but lots of light-hearted comic relief?

Justice League = Simplified character designs, serious but cartoonish plots with lots of comic book references... Transformers spend 90% of every episode punching each other in the head.

Clone Wars/Samurai Jack = Genndy Tartakovsky does Transformers. 'Nuff said.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Out of all of these, I have to say the Gundam aesthetic appeals to me the most in terms of telling a compelling, dramatic story with a strong undercurrent of realistic science-fiction. I like to chuckle, but honestly I've never cared much for comic relief in any action genre.

But I also have to say, seeing Genndy Tartakovsky-style Transformers would be SO DAMN COOL!! No question that would have the most stylish actions scenes. There would be NO PLOT, but man, would it be fun to watch! :D 

zmog

3. Spoon

Spoon Banned

I think I just jizzed in my pants.

4. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    I think he's just asking for the art style... personally I love what Resolute looks like, I wouldn't mind seeing Transformers done like that. Provided they can keep the robots in proportion, height wise and their own parts, animators that can keep the parts of robots straight and even are rare.

5. SentinelPrime

SentinelPrime I NEEDED THAT!

Ebay:
    Definitely Resolute. Gundam would work too, as Resolute is basically drawn like the rad 80's style of serious, adult anime like Akira, Gundam and Ninja Scroll.

Anything less is uncivilized.

6. Spoon

Spoon Banned

I thought Resolute was just bland, faux anime. It didn't do it for me.

But... Transformers without outlines... oh......

7. _Galvatron_

_Galvatron_ Emperor of Destruction

Gundam Transformers, please.

Its time for an overhaul of the TF universe. I think it's starting to get stale. Well, except for the IDW-verse, I can't get enough of IDW.

8. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

How about none of the above?

9. omegagoalie

omegagoalie Cybertronian Puckstopper

Ebay:
    I like what SMOG said:thumbs2: 

10. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

This.

11. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    why does transformers need to be like anything else? why cant transformers set the trends?

12. Superion33

Superion33 Banned

I should have added two other options:

Other show
    Completely different thing

I didn't mean that Transformers would be EXACTLY like any of those shows. For instance, if Samurai Jack was an option, Transformers wouldn't be a show with only one protagonist since multiple protagonists has always been a hallmark of Tranfsformers.

Basically, I was just getting the conversation started on what people would want in a new more mature Transformers series. What kind of art style? What maturity level? What type of storytelling. Basically, just brainstorming any ideas that you would like to see. Another possibility I forgot is Transformers: X-men.

Oh, and when I meant Gundam, it could be like ANY incarnation of Gundam. Gundam Zero or Gundam Wing or Gundam whatever.

13. blackconvoy_D01

blackconvoy_D01 Destronger

Ebay:
    Resolute was very well done IMO. That was a very bold step that hasbro took, allowing major characters of their very popular seies to be killed without any room for resurgence. I appreciate a storyline like that. I would love for hasbro to do this to TFs. As far as the gundam angle. Make it like a masterforce, or robotics style of story.

TF's come to earth, but function more efficiently with human counterparts to understand the earth or something like that.

14. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I'd quite like a better stab at CGI than the Japanese shows did. Like Beast Machines but less over the top stylised and more realistic. Never could get over those orange puff explosions in BM.

15. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    I thought it looked similar to Ghost in the Shell: SAC

16. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not going to lie I would hate that. the last thing transformers needs is more humans.

again I have to ask why must transformers copy any one else? the very basics of transformers is in itself an awesome grounds for a story we don't need some power ranger group of kids riding inside primes chest (again)

17. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    I'm down with Genndy Tartakovsky doing a TF show. His style is similar to Derrick Wyatt. In fact,the last Samurai Jack episode( The oneone where Jack loses his sandals) I saw had him fighting robots that would look great as TF's.

Either that, or have Derrick Wyatt do the whole look of the show again or Don Figueroa.

18. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

If there's going to be a Transformers: Resolute, why not follow GI Joe: Resolute's example?

19. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:
    The only thing I can think off is a decent war action on cybertron. Full scale great war action. Im not against humans being in it, but they just don`t need to be from the getgo. Using Wreckers style units that can be changed through the series then just one big battle with everyone there for the end.

20. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

This x 10.