Which Sentinel Prime should appear in T:P?

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Grandus Prime, Oct 30, 2011.

?

Which Sentinel?

1. Transformers Animated

15 vote(s)
    20.8%
  2. Trransformers DotM

21 vote(s)
    29.2%
  3. Transformers Exodus/Exiles

26 vote(s)
    36.1%
  4. IDWverse

10 vote(s)
    13.9%
  1. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Though he isn't a choice, I'd like to see Zeta Sentinel Prime in Transformers: Prime. He had such a small role in WFC, I wouldn't mind seeing him fleshed out some, but if not, no biggie. I'm quite happy with the current cast and story.

2. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

"relative" is kind of my point.

As a race, Sentinel is hardly towering and massive when compared to guys like Magnus and Optimus.

Maybe if your comparing him to Rumble or Bumblebee.

either way I just think they are too strong of words to describe the difference in size

3. Sentinel Prime1

Sentinel Prime1 Active Member

I would say outside of Sludge, maybe Grimlock, Optimus and Magnus probably don't look up in a literal sense to many other Autobots outside of gestalts or city bots. So that does put Sentinel into a class of his own or rare few. Among normal bots, he is the person you would see over the top of the crowd. Again if he was in a crowd of gestalts, obviously not.

When comparing the qualities of the different primes the writer characterized him as "brute". It's one of his defining qualities and to me the visual depiction along with his reaction to things signify that.

4. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

And even if your 100% right about that,I feel that "towering and massive" are still too strong of words to describe the difference in size between the characters in question..

gestalts and city bots should be considered "towering and massive" when compared to UM and OP, SP is not.

5. Sentinel Prime1

Sentinel Prime1 Active Member

I get where you are coming from. I should have used comparison from the beginning. I never meant to imply he was massive like Bruticus or something like that. It just seemed to me that when dealing with "normal" sized bots he is pretty big. I saw the scan earlier in the thread with him in his APEX armor. In the panels with him and Megatron it shows how much taller he is than Megatron. The APEX armor adds a lot of bulk and weaponry but only marginal height. If you look, he isn't on stilts and you can see his feet and tank tracks are still on the ground. The HUD display comes up over his head and "some" height is added, but in any form he clearly is a lot larger than Megatron. Not that it did him any good. It was probably a detriment, in that he was dealing with Megatron and his followers as mob rioters which he thought he could crush in one swoop but was a woeful miscalculation as it was really the beginning of Civil War. His over estimation that he would be able to single handed deal with the situation, and his underestimation of Megatron cost him.

6. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

no need to explain, everyone has an opinion and a manor of speaking thats different from one an other.

7. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I voted for the DOTM of Sentinel Prime to appear in TF Prime

8. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Sorry to back track but....
    where did you get that info exactly?

as far as I remember, we never saw his alt mode

9. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
    A DOTM Sentinel Voiced by John DiMaggio.