Which score was better?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Roadtrack, Jul 5, 2009.

1. Roadtrack

Roadtrack Well-Known Member

I think the first movie had a better movie score. This one had some good songs too, but it didn't grab me as much. What do you think?

2. Acid Wing

Acid Wing Senior Alien TF Member

News Credits:
    I still prefer movie 1's score, which has more memorable, varied, and unique themes and pieces compared to ROTF's IMO.

3. hellrasinbrasin

hellrasinbrasin Well-Known Member

The 1st Soundtrack was almost solid through n through
    The 2nd Soundtrack was more Liquid than Solid which is not too say there wern't any good tracks their were its just that the majority of the score only
    worked on screen not off

4. cnic

cnic Decepticon

I liked when the Decepticons were up 20 something to 10 and how the Autobots came back and won at the end! Oh, wait, you're talking about Music Score! I liked the first movie's better!

5. RodimusORIG

RodimusORIG New Member

defiantly the first one.. arrival to earth is the best song even.. and i also love scorponok

6. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    First one was much better..more songs, more distinct themes. Second one has some okay tunes, but most of them are weaker variations or mixes using old tunes.

And as much as Infinite White sounds beautiful, it's a rip from a song from Gladiator. Which is pretty much the problem with Hans Zimmer and most of his students (like Steve Jablonsky) in a nutshell: they rely on reused material, by themselves or by others and simple tunes way too often.

I still listen to the ROTF score right now, though. It's not bad to listen to, but it's only fair that we point out these problems.

7. cnic

cnic Decepticon

scorponok is the shit! I have that for my mobile phone ringtone.

8. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    Transformers: The Score is still my favorite and do think it is the Superior Score overall, but Revenge of the Fallen: The Score also is an amazing score as well. I think the big problem with the one manufactured and released to the public is that is way too short, in both the tracklisting (TF2 - 14 vs. TF1 - 20) and the length of the CD Overall (TF2 -43:53 vs. TF1 - 59:57).

Just as the songs starts to build and becomes grander and grander, the song deflates into nothing. Also I thought the use of the Vocalists were too brief, just as they get started they end immediately afterward (with the exception of "Infinite White" and "Matrix of Leadership"). The longest tracks on ROTF: The Score are "The Fallen (4:03)" and "Heed Our Warning (4:26)", the rest don't go over three or two minutes long. At the very least the tracks on Transformers: The Score varied in length.

Long Story Short:

Transformers: The Score - 5/5
    Transfomers Revenge of the Fallen: The Score - 4/5

9. TIE Bomber

TIE Bomber Banned

The 1st is better.

The 2nd is kinda slow & boring except for "Nest" & "The Matrix Of Leadership".

10. Jingoku

Jingoku Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Heh, I just wanted to say the same. I like the "NEST" and "Matrix of Leadership" score, but none of the rest is as memorable that the score of the first Movie.

11. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    I say the first movie had a better score.

12. SPECTER

SPECTER Well-Known Member

Hard to choose, my overall favorite track is Scorponok so I guess 1's; Scorponok, Arrival to Earth, Cube, No Sacrifice, Decepticon

but 2 had some great ones to; NEST, Shard, Matrix, Forest

13. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You summed up some of my own feelings on the score. I love the second one, but yeah the first film's score stands out more to me still. The second one feels too short; I don't mind that some music from the first one was reused (since I liked it so much, why not?). If anything I wish some of the reused parts lasted longer, but with new pieces added to the individual song so it ends up a remix or just a different take or something.

I also agree with another person's post that one song did sound like they brought Enya in to do the vocals, or whoever it was that was part of Gladiator.

14. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    I think the Vocalist's name is Lisbeth Scott. She's provided vocals on most of Harry Gregson-Williams' scores (Notably, The Chronicles of Narnia & X-Men Origins); I.E., she works alot with Romote Control Productions.

15. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ah I see, cool. Thanks for the info!

16. rapid_fire

rapid_fire TFW2005 Supporter

I sing the first ones all the time lol

the music that plays when scorponok is attacking, and the other one that kinda sounds the same but moves up and down in pitch (hard to explain, and I can't remember where exactly it plays)

17. Soundatron

Soundatron A Blight Upon The Land

There's nothing here that I cannot disagree with. I am enjoying ROTF very much though because I burnt myself out on the first score.
    I love every track and do wish there was more use of vocals and the songs were longer. I don't care what genre it is I hate short songs.

18. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    ROTF, some chilling things in it.

19. Soundatron

Soundatron A Blight Upon The Land

Oh yes, like The Fallen. In addition, all the songs with the vocals in it give me shivers. Everytime I hear it makes me think of Prime's death and makes me sad too lol. Score 1 didn't hit that note for me.

20. Bayless

Bayless Well-Known Member

if we're talking what was heard in the film. i prefer the first mainly just cuz i got really quickly tired of how many times they played that damn Green Day song in the second movie lol
    idk... im really liking the second score a lot. its short but solid. the first one repeated certain themes a bit too often.