which rumble frenzy?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Megatron31, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    not the usual question about who is who

but which one are you going to buy the hasbro/takara release

or the perfect effect release

i am a little torn i was putting off getting the pe ones as i was hoping for more cassets like the ravage that came with hound in the classics line. but instead we get tanks (which no one is sure if they are deluxe or scouts) now they look good dont get me wrong, but size wise i think i would rather have the smaller ones

what about you guys?

besides Megatron needs someone to carry his fusion cannon

2. unmc2001

unmc2001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The PE are very good representation of G1 in bot mode. Plus the gun they transform into is more usefull than a tape anyway.

3. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I'm going for the PE versions first and foremost. Their size and overall design gives them a much more G1 aesthetic than the forthcoming Hasbro ones.

Might pick up the new ones further down the road if I see them cheap at retail, but for my definitive classics display, IMO there is no contest.

4. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Has Tak. I think it looks great. Got to complete a reveal the shield collection.

Tank, Robot, and piledriver mode. Even little blasters, both Red and blue scout colors in one box.
    Should be excellent. I like that they are in a box set. So we don't just get a rumble scout. Then have to wait a year for frenzy. This is much more fan friendly ; as the the spring waves tend to be .

The perfect effect are targetmasters right? And I guess you can justify the fan made stuff as a "nice piece of kit " for the price. I don't know I seem perpetually on the fence about the cool fan made stuff. And that makes me look like a old guy who won't get with the times and stand up to the the big toy company man.

Never going to give you up Hasbro. Never gonna let you down.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2010
  5. Cungitron

Cungitron Destroyer of Worlds

News Credits:
    I have the PE ones which i prefer. May pick up the Has/Tak ones if they go on clearance.
    Not liking the piledriver gimmick on the the Has/Tak versions though.

6. odeean

odeean Infiltrator

News Credits:
    I will buy whatever one labels the red one Rumble.

Just kidding, the Hasbro ones are fine. I would love to get the PE ones but for their price they are way down my list. If they are still around in February then PE is go.

7. Quantum

Quantum Oh good

I've got the PE versions and love them to death. That being said, once I see in-hand pics of the HasTak versions, and I like them, I may bite.

8. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Both. What's cooler than tanks? Tanks with extra guns.

9. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Probably going to just stick with the Perfect Effect dudes. I love 'em. They're just the right size and the amount of detail that went into these li'l dudes is amazing. Also mega-barrel supercannon mode is awesome.

10. Matt Booker

Matt Booker Fantasy Adventure Author

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    They are scouts, and small enough for my nostalgia to be satisfied.

[​IMG]

~Matt Booker

11. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    get both. I got the PE ones, and right now are very satisfied

12. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

The Perfect Effect figures look great but I'm going to have to go with the Hasbro release and not just because I'm a cheap bastard.

I like that the little guys are getting an updated alt mode because while tapes were cool back in the 80's I can't even find a tape in my house any more. It's tech who's time has come and gone.

So the choice then is do I want more guns which is kind of okay or do I want more tanks which is really really cool. Got to go with cool tanks over just being a gun. No more being totally useless in tape mode when the little guys can roll around and cause trouble on their own with a tank mode.

Both releases have a look that I know who it is without asking and both have pile driver arms so it just comes down to alt mode and price for me as I could be happy with either release.

13. kensou

kensou Well-Known Member

At first disapointed about the latest images of both. hard to distinguish both of them from each other. LOL
    the design and body proportion is great btw

14. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    The official ones. The others are too expensive and serve no real purpose in my collection.

15. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    The Hasbro one's of course. The PE one's aren't worth the cheap plastic they're made of, let alone the high price they're wanting for them. The tank/SPAAG alt-mode doesn't bother me. Soundwave has a hand-held weapon already, he doesn't need his minions turning into more weapons he needs to wield. Also, them being Scout-class sized figures fits perfectly with my plan to turn the Reflector repaint/retool of the new Perceptor figure into Soundwave. All I'll need after that is a Laserbeak to perch on his shoulder, and the set will be complete (well, for me at least).

16. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Has it actually been confirmed that the Hasbro releases are scouts and not deluxes?

I'm not sold on hasbros yet as the pics are misleading one clearly shows the guns on ball joins on his back the other pic are them in his hand and I don't see the small clips atatched.

17. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Both... I think. Definitely the Hasbro ones. I'm considering the PE ones. I have a feeling PE is going to make a Soundwave figure that can utilize ALL of those PE minions...

18. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Probably the Hasbro ones. The PE ones are cool but the colors seem off to me, plus they're pretty expensive. I'm not sure I like the Hasbro ones a ton yet either, but they're both official and cheaper.

19. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The official ones for sure. Gonna be a hell of a lot cheaper.

20. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

I'm not thrilled by either. I want microcassettes. That said, the Perfect Effect ones fit the bill closer in bot mode. I'm likely going to cough up the money for them whenever I can.

Pointing out again that microcassette recorders are still used in lots of professional fields today, and are still on the market. Go to your local drug store and look over by the photo printers.