Which ROTF toys are worth avoiding?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Recall, Jul 30, 2009.

1. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    Are there any who are generally considered a bad toy and not worth the money?

I know about Arcee but any others? Thanks.

2. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:
    Highly opinionated. You say avoid Arcee, I say go for her, she's extremely unique looking. Though if I do say so myself, avoid Wheelie, not my favorite and it would be much better if he was say perhaps Legends sized.

3. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Demolishor is cool but a bit weak in the play and posability department.

4. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    I see your point, maybe I chose my words incorectly. I'm just after the most bang for my buck.

Are the legends considered worthy purchases? some do look quite cool :) 

5. nemetoad

nemetoad Well-Known Member

Ummm out of the collection I got I'd say Voyager Megatron is worth avoiding because of a simple transformation and Deluxe Skids for being the panel demon that won't keep together. Chromia's worth avoiding too if you don't like toys that sort of come apart randomly - her upper body is supposed to stay together, but unclicks a lot and splits down the middle. Probably easy to fix though.

And I wouldn't recommend SmokeScreen. Unless you liked Jazz's toy.

6. Octavius Prime

Octavius Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, lucky for you they're making a legends Wheelie.

The only ROTF stuff I've refused to buy so far have been the two deluxe Bumblebees. The preview wave version is just too close to the 2007 version I already have and the Cannon version, while a VERY extensive remold, just seems to have some things about it that are "off."

Both seem like decent TFs, mind you, but with the presence of HA Bumblebee, which I managed to snag about 2 weeks ago, they're very much redundant.

The legends are all pretty cool. Jetfire is one of the best. I'm not buying Ratchet, as one of that mold is enough.

7. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Of the stuff I own, I wish I hadn't bought Leader Prime and Voyager Starscream, since I think they're inferior to the molds from the first movie...however, I know a lot of people are fond of them. While I like Leader Megatron, skip it and get the Voyager instead. Arcee is garbage, as it has a bunch of panels that don't clip togther very securely in vehicle mode and the joints in the "spine" in robot mode don't bend in the right way to position her torso in a way that looks good.

Your mileage may vary on Skids, as the one I have holds together very well. Chromia's chest definitely doesn't like to stay connected, though.

8. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

Avoid all of them.

9. twichy

twichy Well-Known Member

all of them

10. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    i personally dont fancy sideways.. i dont own arcee so i cant say... but the legends look good, though

11. typikal82

typikal82 Vatobot

Ebay:
    I feel ripped off by the movie line after buying Universe Tread Bolt and Blaster, these guys come with so many accessories! RotF toys barely come with anything.

12. nemetoad

My issues with Skids consists of his giant fist sticking out too much and preventing the side from snapping in completely :p  However my overall issue with him is the panels not staying snapped together. He's very delicate in vehicle mode for me.

I can't speak for legends. yet to buy any XD if the EZ constructicons come out I'll buy them though.

Oh yeah, avoid Barricade if you already have him from the first movie line. It's the same thing, but with a different hidden added bonus for an engine. I personally got him just because I didn't buy a single TFTM toy >_>

13. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:

only you can decide what is worth buying or not.

14. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    well if its plastic/$ the legends are without doubt the least attractive proposition, they are the most expensive TF's for their size. also per $ you are getting very simplistic toys.

the most 'bang' for your $ would be the big devastator but then of course you have to decide if you even like the look of that thing. His weight hasnt been verified but id be suprised of he isnt the best value toy in terms of something quantifiable like sheer plastic amount.

15. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    It's ultimately up to anyone what they want, but I'd say if there was a 100% pass in the ROTF line so far, Deluxe Wheelie is it, IMO.

16. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

Who to avoid...

My only complaint is with Voyager Prime. Prime is ridiculously back heavy, and I advise not getting him because you can barely pose him. I have to lean him against something when he's in robot mode. I don't actually have him though, I have his Movie counterpart, but he's just a repaint, so don't buy.

As for everyone else in ROTF collection, here's how I recommend them...

Leader Prime : Buy him

Sideswipe : Buy

Skids : Buy

Mudflap : Maybe. He has a few issues that involve his back tabbing in properly.

Demolishor : Maybe. He has some pose-ability issues.

Mixmaster : Buy

Rampage : Maybe. I like him, he's just one of those good, not great toys.

17. RobotoChan

RobotoChan Nothing to see here

News Credits:
    None of them really appeal to me to be honest. I get burned on the first movie toys, which were horrid, and then found much love in the Universe line. The second movie figures hold no merit whatsoever for me, which is nice as it means I get to save a lot of money :) 

18. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

So far, all the ones I've bought I've been very happy with... which include Sideswipe, Sideways, Rampage (who I was VERY surprised with, I like him a lot), Skids and Mudflap, Breakaway and Wheelie for my girlfriend... I haven't handled Wheelie much... I wasn't interested, but after seeing RotF, she just HAD to have him. He's kinda weird, and we both had trouble figuring out how to transform him... I'd give him a pass if I were you. He does have some very strange charm to him, admittedly.

19. nemetoad

Wheelie's greatest flaw is having weak knees that can't compensate his weight. If you're looking to display toys, he is one to avoid. His transformation is interesting though.

Speaking of which, I would recommend Leader Prime, Mixmaster, Sideswipe, Sideways, Skids, Mudflap, and Voyager Starscream for their transformation sequences. Skids may have problems tabbing together for me, but he is a trip to transform. Mudflap's easier, but again there is the tab issue.

20. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Avoid Deluxe Wheelie.