Which protector?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by RoccaDNB, Aug 18, 2011.

1. RoccaDNB

RoccaDNB Imperial Decepticon

News Credits:
    Quick question:

I'm considering getting the protector, but I only have the battle in space cartoonish Hot Rod.

Which Protector goes best with this one?

2. blur3479

blur3479 The most boring member

News Credits:
    Generally there's only one regular protecter which means you might want to get another hot rod. I'd recommend looking around on here for boards members who are selling them. Or pre order the henkei hot rod from BBTS and and get sidearm for the chrome pieces.

3. Taziir

Taziir Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The only other versions of protector are the crystal (red transparent) and Shadow Scyther (black) versions. These were much more limited releases and are colour matched for the crystal & black versions of hot rod.

Regular Protector colour matches Henkei Hot Rod, but plently of people seem happy enough with the slightly off colour Battle In Space Hot Rod too.

4. ahro23

ahro23 Omnibot

My buddy put his BiS Hot Rod into the normal Protector armor and I think it looks fine. If you were thinking about putting yours into the clear one, I think Vangelus did a review of the clear kit where he did that so you might want to hit that up on youtube.

5. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    I have my BiS Hot Rod inside of my Protector set. I think it looks alright. I guess the lighting in my collection may be helping it though.

6. mentok27

mentok27 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Protector with BIS is a bit of a downer.... itll do but its not at full potential. Henkei hot rod is getting a reissue though so dodge the aftermarket prices and hook up a pre-order on BBTS or robot kingdom when you order your protector!