which powerglide???

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by CVprowl, Jun 27, 2012.

1. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

there have been a few powerglides released recently. i know there were a few has/tak offerings but im probably more interested in the third party stuff.

for those that own some or all of them (or know enough to formulate an opinion) which one comes out on top for quality/price/design/size in your opinion?

how many are there?
    1. Classics/Henkei mold
    2. DOTM Cyberverse
    3. X-Transbots
    4. Maketoys (with seaspray)
    5. Teased iGear
    6. Teased Superalloy ?

2. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Cyberverse is my favorite of the bunch. It's not perfect and needs some custom work, but it works out well on a display with Legends Minibots.

3. jinx23

jinx23 Wrecker

Ebay:
    X-transbot very g1 but kinda squat

This makes it too cute but not very menacing

I think igear is making one as well

4. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    I think the Maketoys version is great. But I like my minibots mini, and other than having better articulation, fits in great with the other classic Legends. The Cyberverse one just looked a little too DOTMie for me (I like the movie aesthetic, but only really in the movie line).

5. BlackJackuk

BlackJackuk Well-Known Member

I love the original G1 version myself, but I think the classics version in either the grey or red color is the best modern take on powerglide!

6. kaos

kaos the original thirteen

Maketoys...i love mine..prob gonna get igear ver as well if its a bigger bot..

7. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

Id probably just grab a make toys if igear didnt tease they had one in the works. I like all igear's minibots, i doubt their powerglide will dissapoint.

8. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Depends what set you are putting it with. I have a Classic Cyberverse set where I use the Cyberverse Powerglide. For the Classic full sized I used the Henkei. For my 3rd party Classics I use the X-Transbots.

9. TFfanmaiku

TFfanmaiku The robot and brony guy!

I think the classics version is better!

10. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

wow. im trying to trim my collectin so all those wont be an option for me. :) 

im just gonna stick to 1 a G1, classics, and id always leave the door open for a masterpiece... though a real well done powerglide (probably 3rd party) at about Hench height would prolly double diph as an MP for me. in the same way tht i think Hench could make it as an MP Brawn.

11. Trek

Trek Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've switched the Classics version for the DOTM Cyberverse version. It just looks more like Powerglide.

12. odeean

odeean Infiltrator

News Credits:
    for me the Japanese classics is the best version.

13. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Personally, I have high hopes for iGear's version, especially since he goes with the rest of their Mini Warrior line (which I plan to collect the entirety of). The MakeToys version (which I believe is meant to fill in the blanks in the Henkei Mini-Bots line), while nice, has a giant head (with a screw in the middle of his forehead); perhaps G1 toy accurate but I like some liberties taken to give us better proportions as well as articulation.

14. Geterman

Geterman Second Coming of Primus TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think you are confused with the Maketoys version. That one is short with a huge head.

I have the X-Transbot version it is a little taller than classics Bumblebee and it look like it jumped right out of the G1 cartoon.

15. allew

allew Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was using the Universe Powerglide (red version) for a while, but switched it out for the smaller X-Transbot version. I know as an airplane he should be bigger than the deluxe cars, but the Ultra class scale kinda made him dominate the display and it was weird seeing him tower over the likes of Optimus, Jetfire and the rest of the mini vehicles.

I am using the grey version of Universe Powerglide with reprolabels to convert him into Hot House, who does looks good with his other upsized Micromaster brethren like Countdown, Botcon Flak and Erector (Movie Mudflap repurpose).

16. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm getting the Henkei one, possibly the iGear one if it's good enough. Maketoys is too small and the X-Transbots one doesn't even look like a modern toy...

17. Kung Fu Man

Kung Fu Man Well-Known Member

The X-Transbots version is my fave here, just feels right overall. I keep mulling over getting the Cobra-themed one to stand alongside my Old Snake, but man finding that one at a decent price is an interesting ordeal...

18. graymer

graymer Well-Known Member

I have the big, red, exclusive Powerglide.

I'm really hoping that iGear continues with their run of minibots and produces one though.

19. iphdtd

iphdtd The Wolfman's Brother

I've heard that the Cobra one is a piece of crap and falls apart alot. It's a shame because I like the color scheme on it and would probably bite if not for that.

20. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    The Superalloy one (if it ever comes out).

Not true on mine, it's very solid and looks awesome. The elbow might pop off the ball joint occasionally but that's because you have to twist and bend it a specific way for transformation. If you're careful it won't happen. Still, it's merely a placeholder for Superalloy.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2012