Which origin do you like best?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Sideswipe80, Jun 1, 2010.

?

Which do you like?

1. Quints

58 vote(s)
    32.2%
  2. Primus

122 vote(s)
    67.8%
  1. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I prefer the Quints origin. Much more sci-fi. Never liked the idea of the Transformers having a god. Having them being consumer goods makes sense to me. Especially with their alt modes and what not. You got the basic workers, Autobots. And Military hardware in the Cons. How about you guys? I'd love to hear your opinions on this.

2. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Primus.

I like the original 13 and the original 13 only work well if you've got Primus.

Plus DID YOU SEE THAT AWESOME PLANET TOY??? Quintessons never got such cool toys.

3. Brutimus Prime

Brutimus Prime Icepick Enthusiast

The hinted G1 Autobot/Decepticon -> Pretender -> Maximal/predacon evolution.

I hope that qualifies.

4. Sideswipe80

News Credits:
    But where did the Autobots/Cons come from? That's the origin I'm referring to. Unless I misread your post. Which is possible lol.

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Allspark.

But of the two, Quints. I really don't like Primus.

6. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    That would be the origin of Beast Wars, but has nothing to do with the G1 origin.

I always thought the Quintessons were a weird inclusion into the series, even before we found out they were the creators. As some sort of third party Lovecraftian villains from another world, they're mildly acceptable in storylines. As tie-ins to the origin of Cyberton? Doesn't work for me.

7. Sideswipe80

News Credits:
    Duh! I forgot that one! Mr. Wyatt posted the origin of the Allspark from animated. Did you mean that origin or the movie one?

8. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

I like the Qiuntesson origins better myself. It makes more sense the a Transformers God to me that robots started as manufactured goods and "evolved" to think and feel on their own and rebelled.

9. Abrogate

News Credits:
    The Allspark is pretty much an extension of Primus. That wasn't the original intention in BW, but that's what it became canonized as in BM and Universe. Granted, it's different in the Movie and Animated, but the Allspark itself is also a different thing in those series (an object rather than a dimension).

edit - oh wait, it was Dreamwave that made the Allspark = Primus connection, not BM.

10. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I vote for Primus. Was never a big fan of the Quintessons.

11. megatronski

megatronski PURGE THE HERETIC

News Credits:
    primus/allspark

12. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Primus, gives me a sense of similarity when it comes to religion.

13. Brutimus Prime

Brutimus Prime Icepick Enthusiast

I was referring specifically to the origin of Beast Wars TFs. The IDW comic continuity gave subtle hints that the pretenders might be the "missing link" between the two. I know it isn't exactly an origin, but I see it as of equal importance, especially considering that Beastformers still have protoforms, which suggests that their "evolution" was probably engineered by someone.

However, if it's THE origin we're talking, I prefer the Primus explanation, since it supports the idea of TF evolution being engineered by a greater being (Primus) - something which I doubt the Quints have the technology to do.

14. Mr knightmare

Mr knightmare Banned

News Credits:
    Not too keen on wither to be fair.

I never liked the Quint origin. I like the idea of transformer being built but not by the Qints. I like Derrick's idea of Transformer just being enslaved by them for some time...

And as for Primus...nah just not feeling it...

I like Derrick idea the best where they were created by an ancient race in their own image, hence why there exist fembots, why they have pets and such stuff...
    Also it will explain why they have cockpits and such in their cybertronian mode.

15. Sideswipe80

News Credits:
    Yeah Derrick's origin is great. I wonder if Hasbro will ever adopt it? That's why I love the Quints idea. Cause it's similar to Derrick's idea for Animated.

16. Shadowbreaker

Shadowbreaker \/ /\

News Credits:
    Primus.

I like the idea of the original 13, and their trader, The Fallen.

Makes me feel sad that IDW never published The 13 comic.

17. Abrogate

News Credits:
    It's not so much that IDW never published it, it's that they haven't had the chance to start it. When they originally had the idea, there was so much other stuff already on the table, that it got put on the backburner. And before they could do anything with it, Hasbro stepped in and said if there's going to be a definitive story relating to the origin of the species, then they want to be involved with it, instead of just leaving it to the whims of IDW's editors. I mean, really, would you wanna leave something that important up to Andy Schmidt?

18. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I'm not religious in any way, but the cartoon origin bugs the hell out of me. Primacron is such a little twerp and Vector Sigma is not much more to me than a Macguffin for one episode.
    So I guess I'm stuck with Primus...which is fine, but as long as it stays within the context of the comics. I don't want to see Transformers going to church or anything like that.

Need to point out that I'm not anti-religion or judging anyone. At all. It is just not my cup of tea and I'll leave it at that.

As others have mentioned, the Allspark origin would be my ultimate preference, but I like the G1 Matrix concept so...

I dunno, it's difficult to pick one streamlined canonical stance that I am happy with. I really like the idea that Primus became Cybertron and created the Transformers, but I just don't want to make it a 'religious' thing. I know I'm probably contradicting myself so I'll stop there and hope someone else can offer a more coherent option I can piggyback on.

19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I thought Primacron was brilliant. The irony of such a small, pitiful creature creating the most horrific being to ever terroize the universe is great.

20. Abrogate

News Credits:
    Well, the original concept itself has been tweaked and merged with other concepts to fit Hasbro's current canon. Basically, Vector Sigma and the Matrix are both ways of interfacing with Primus and the Allspark. Also, despite Primus being "God," most Transformers are completely unaware of his existence until they actually meet him in their continuity. There's also the concept of "atechnogenesis," which is basically Cybertronian atheism. They choose not to believe in Primus, even though evidence for his existence is more solid than, well, evidence for deities in our world.