Which one? Superion Set or Battle Space

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SaberBurst, Oct 28, 2010.

1. SaberBurst

SaberBurst Guardian

*Opps wrong title* Hiya guys, I just came here for some personal opinions. Basically, I've preorderd my TFX-04 Protector and I have to get the Battle in Space set. But, I believe the ROTF Superion set is rare (but someone has to comfirm that) and at my local Toys R Us, they have loads of that particular set. So, the question is, which one should I get first? Because I always think things the negative way e.g. "Oh I bedda get that set first because it might run out of stock"

2. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    its not the Superion set that is rare, its a tad hard to find now but the now sold out FP superion upgrade set for it that is rare.

3. SaberBurst

SaberBurst Guardian

Okay, sorry for getting it wrong.

4. Quantum

Quantum Oh good

And wasn't ROTF Superion Target exclusive in the U.S.? It was a Zellers exclusive up here in Canada. Perhaps the one you're seeing at TRU is the PCC Superion. To be honest though, I don't even know if the PCC Aerialbots are named Superion. Any help from someone else?

5. SaberBurst

SaberBurst Guardian

6. Quantum

Quantum Oh good

Yikes, sorry dude, thought I was being relevant and didn't mean to offend. Was just saying what I thought, not doubting your word. Good luck with your choice.

7. SaberBurst

SaberBurst Guardian

Erm..damn. Well, now I feel like a total douche in my previous reply. So, really I think I should be the one apologising. Sorrry for being a total pri*k in the previous reply :D 

8. Quantum

Quantum Oh good

No worries dude! We'll call it even.

The other thing to remember is there is the Hot Rod/Cyclonus 2-pack coming out as well, so there's a second chance to get Roddy for Protector. Unless you also need Galvatron. Then never mind. :D . Super-helpful, aren't I?

If it were me, I'd get the 3-pack. I don't like the Superion set very much, but the 3-pack has some awesome figures.

9. SaberBurst

SaberBurst Guardian

Phew! glad we're even bro. Anyways, the reason why I'm buying the two pack is well, its a silly one. Story begins with me waking up on a knock on the door. So, thankfully my mum was downstairs and got the packge from the mail man. So, like any 5 year old kid or a super pumped collector, I open the package and find the three pack. Right, here comes the reason now. After a couple of weeks of playing around with Rodmius I find the quality is not really up to scratch for Protector so I just decide to sell the three off to a friend. But hopefully the quality control on the two pack Rodimus would be pristine and perfect. I have a good feeling about him (BiS Rodimus) being in a alright quality because I saw a guy on the boards doing a pictorial review saying that Rodimus has no quality control issues, so that got my hopes up for a better Rodimus. Hell, call me stupid and I won't care! Its because I'm a Perfectionist and so should every transformers collector.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2010
  10. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    Hasbro must have had some back stock that target did not want and TRU gladly took. I want that set my self, no plans for the upgrade set though , especially not at the prices it goes for now.

11. SaberBurst

SaberBurst Guardian

Well, I know its a long shot but I've heard rumors about a re-issure of the FP upgrade set.

12. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    ^ Hitting us next year, presumably. :popcorn 

13. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

He's in the UK, guys. Superion is a mass-market set over there, to my understanding. It was only a store exclusive in North America.

Anyway.

I don't see why there's a choice to be made? One is in stores now, one will be in a few months (I think, haven't checked the release date on Battle in Space). Surely you can get both without much trouble. Unless you're a lot younger than I'm assuming.

14. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't recall the color differences being too great between the Energon and RotF releases. You might be able to get the older one for cheaper, but then if the RotF is at retail that's probably better since there's no shipping.