Which of these will sell out first?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Mega Convoy, Nov 4, 2006.

1. Mega Convoy

Mega Convoy Well-Known Member

I've been thinking about picking up THS-02 Convoy and BT Sunstreaker but am undecided which I should buy first. Which do you think will remain a hard find a few months from now? I have more Alternators and now want some Binaltechs to go with them. But a couple months back there was a shortage of Hybrid Convoys, wasn't there? Are the stores now swimming in them with the second run? Have the Binaltechs started to dry up at all since they're not selling anymore and have moved to KissPlay? Have Binaltechs ever been hard to find?

Also, can the hybrid convoys be removed from box without damaging the box in any way? Are they collector friendly?

2. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    I would assume that Sunstreaker isn't in high demand due to the fact that the Alternator version is cheaper, very easy to find (almost a shelf warmer), and most people prefer its colors. Although I cant say for certain, as I've never bought a binaltech or a THS, I'm just going by what makes sense to me.

3. Darkhawk79

Darkhawk79 TFWM SUCK!!!!!

News Credits:
    I would say that they both will be easily found in the coming months. Alternators/Binaltech are fixing to stop being made and I know for a fact that i've seen the same 3 Sunstreakers at my local wal-mart and they have about 3 inches of dust on them. On the THS i've seen many of them on ebay and they look nice but not sure about the collector friendly thing.

4. Deceptivore

Deceptivore Autobot Nutritionist

Hybrid Convoy is easily removed from the box without damaging it. Very collector friendly. I say go for THS-02 first! It's a fun display piece with immense posability (His bot mode with the stand is awesome) and a must if you collect Primes.

5. Mega Convoy

That's great to hear, Deceptivore! If the THS becomes a full blown series I may want them all. Was THS-01 the same way?

6. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

I don't have either, but it seems like the THS can be had for decent deals right now and may be the tougher one to pick up later. Plus, a lot of people have a lot of really positive things to say about him.

7. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Can never go wrong with choosing the Prime.

8. Mega Convoy

Thanks guys. What's the best price you've seen the THS sell for?

9. Deceptivore

I just saw THS-02 for something like $45 on TFSource. That's the best price I've seen so far. I paid $10 more than that and consider it money well spent!

10. Deceptivore

I don't own it, but it certainly looked like it was packaged similarly, if memory serves me correctly. I'll pass on the other THS toys until they hit on something else that blows me away like the "G1" Prime.

I think you'll find you've made a wise choice getting THS-02. :) 

11. PrimeConvoy

PrimeConvoy ShickaBAM!

I have Ths 01 and 02 is a gift from my girlfriend for christmas, but it's going to suck when he arrives casue i can't have him yet. With everything i've heard and saw on him, he's a must have. Ths 01 is awesome and i'm pretty sure that 02 will be far better and way more awesome so I would go for him .

12. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

THS-02 definitely! My brother got one and it's one sweet figure. I'll be getting THS 02B because I love its Nemesis color scheme.