Which of the Walgreen KO Gestalts would ya'll "recommend"

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by NGW, Dec 17, 2007.

1. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    So I plan on picking me up one of the KO G1 gestalts (unless I can nab the tree for a deal) from Walgreens somewhat soon...but I am a bit stuck on which I plan to get.

I really want a Devastator and right now the KO seems like my best bet on having one (only really want him for display so I'm not willing to shell out for a vintage one), but I've heard somewhat negative things about him that he is (comparatively) more fragile than the others.

The other I have my eye on is Superion, my personal favorite of the autobot gestalts. Have heard more good on him, but not sure on it.

Also, which other gestalts do they have there? Which of them would you recommend?

Thanks guys.

2. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I recommend you save your money and put it towards a vintage one. I know you said you didn't want to spend the money on an original, but buying the KO's is simply a waste of money. A beat up vintage gestalt is still 100 times better than any of the KOs.

3. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    None of them.

4. Deceptikitty

Deceptikitty all about the hasubandos

LOL DON'T buy them! I've broken EVERY single one I bought. I only got three of them, and they're crap. Save your money! Unless you want to have fun and break some stuff, then sure go ahead. :lol 

5. Socialvegetable

Socialvegetable Wrecker

News Credits:
    I have the KO Devastator, and while the colors and proportions are all accurate, the quality is sooooo abysmal. It barely stands, and some of the constructicons were so fragile, I almost destroyed them while trying to transform them. It does look decent as a display piece, but it's pretty unstable and fragile. Guess I can't complain too much for $5

I took a ton of photos of the set including some comparison shots with Classics Devastator, and you can check them out here.

Also, before I get comments correcting me, I realized after I took and uploaded the photos, that I didn't have the chest piece on properly. Chalk that up to never owning the real deal, and this KO coming with the worst, least legible instructions I've ever seen.

6. Deceptikitty

Deceptikitty all about the hasubandos

The instructions are pretty bad. I was confused. :lol 

7. LifePincher

LifePincher BBTS is the SOURCE!

I second this! :thumb 

8. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

raiden, abominus, superion, and defensor have all done me well. I got them on ebay years ago, but I'm pretty sure they're the same ones that walgreens sells.

9. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

I don't know what KO combiners are sold in Walgreens, but your best bet is to buy the mini or micro versions. As for original sized combiners I could recommend Defensor that is packaged like this:

[​IMG]

He's pretty solid, with some loose joints. Read this post.

10. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    The Walgreens KOs are indeed CRAP.

11. Rewind

Rewind Be Kind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I've actually seen the current WalMart sets broken in the package. No way I'd spend even $5 on them.

12. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    So...I ended up picking up 3 of 'em.

They were cheap and I had some cash to blow and didn't wanna go and buy anything normal retail what with the holidays coming up and what not.

So I got Bruticus, Superion, and Devastator.

The quality ain't bad on them for the most part. Well maybe not NOT bad, but not terrible.

Of the three the combaticons is by far the best of them. They are fairly decently built, plastic is good enough (though has a cheapish feel to it). They all hold together rather well though. May end up repainting the set more G1 though.

Devastator was a pain in the ass to put together. Broke one of Longhaul's legs...but meh, whatever...no plans to do anything with Devs but display him so no biggie. Looks good though, and is at least the right color scheme. Do not like the launching hands though.

Superion is good enough, other than one of Silverbolt's legs being loose so standing him isn't so easy. Don't think I'll mess around with him though since the individual aerialbots...feels like their cockpits and tails are gonna break off.

All in all, for the 10 bucks or so I paid for all 3 I don't feel ripped off. They all look good on display and Bruticus is actually something I feel comfortable fiddling around with (which is good since he is probably my second or third favorite gestalt from G1).

13. Socialvegetable

Socialvegetable Wrecker

News Credits:
    Glad you're enjoying them, and it's only a bad deal if you consider the $.005 it cost for the child workers to manufacture them. I told you Devastator was fragile, though. But since his colors are spot-on it's pretty forgivable. I still want an authentic G1 Devastator, though.

14. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Definitely...

And yeah, would be nice to get a vintage Devs someday...but at the prices stuff like that runs, just not feasable for a good long while.

15. -Barricade-

-Barricade- Forza Ferrari!

News Credits:
    How much was it to get the 3 of them? I have a Wallgreens a few blocks from here but never go in unless I need to.

16. pghpunk13

pghpunk13 Well-Known Member

I picked the three of them up as well. I believe they are marked 3 for $12. Not a bad price for display pieces.

17. -Barricade-

-Barricade- Forza Ferrari!

News Credits:
    Thanks for the info, I will check it out tomorrow.

18. bouncing boy77

bouncing boy77 Syntax Error

picked up 3 (defensor, bruticus and devastator). already have superion from the wm easter basket. among all four, imo, bruticus and defensor seem to be ok, as they can stand good. although all four are fragile coz of the cheap plastic

19. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

I bought Defensor and Superion from Family Dollar a few years ago. Superion is a piece of crap. I hide him behind other TF's on my shelf. Defensor's pretty good for the price though. I'm still looking for Devastator.

20. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

For the 4th of July every year, everyone that comes to my parties bring a toy to blow up. Its required. This year people brought tons of them. They blow up good. Thats all there good for.