Which Nemesis Prime figure is the best?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by necrocron9, Jul 29, 2008.

1. necrocron9

necrocron9 Well-Known Member

By best I mean, which one dominates the others. My guess would be the Alternators version, just on size. I don't know all versions, but I plan on getting one soon. Maybe the new Universe one (kinda small, tho)

2. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    RID Scourge. Basically Nemesis Prime.

3. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    RiD Scourge, the originator of "Sure, teal is an evil color!" - (also the reason I kinda dislike the name "Nemesis Prime")

4. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    BT-17. Because he's so goddamn expensive that anyone who owns him feels a need to believe he's the best. I know I do.

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    SDCC Classics Nemesis Prime, though I'll most likely never own one. Personally, I don't count RID Scourge as a "Nemesis Prime", he's much more than just an Evil Black Prime repaint. To put him in that grouping is an insult to his character, imo.

6. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    RiD Scourge. The original is still the best.

7. Transfan65

Transfan65 Well-Known Member

not technically nemesis prime but ths02b ehobby is the best to me. [i dont have rid scourge though. if someone wants to put just the cab part on ebay for me. pm me]

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Either the Alt SDCC exclusive, or RID Scourge. (who's the same thing as a Nem Prime)

9. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    i too am one of those people who dont count RID scourge as a nemesis prime...he's way too cool for that...i really dig the armada bendy nemesis prime, and i just ordered the classics nemesis prime, and am excited to put him with classics, and ABNP with my unicron servants display...

also, the first universe nemesis prime (the repaint of big convoy) is totally badass...

10. zeroXII

zeroXII metallicon

News Credits:
    I'm not very impressed with the Alt. Nemesis Prime. He's got rather odd body proportions. And a teeny gun. I'd go with the SDCC Classics one.

11. twee

twee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Strictly Nemesis Primes, Classics would be on top, but if we're also counting Scourge, then RiD Scourge, without a doubt.

12. GW_Freak

GW_Freak Banned

RiD Scourge, KB Toys Hero Scourge, SDCC Alt Nemesis and Armada Nemesis. Those are my favorites that i own. I never got the Universe Beast Wars nemesis much as I wanted.

13. AutobotMarine

AutobotMarine Banned

Ebay:
    I'd say either Alternators Nemesis Prime or RID Scourge. But I heard though that Alt. Nemesis Prime has been reported for paint chipping.

14. herugrim

herugrim Defiler of Energon

Ebay:
    Actually, Black Lio Convoy was the original. He was actually a character in the series as well, not just a repaint. The original color scheme came from him. I don't own the figure, though, so I can't compare him to the others.

RID Scourge is to this day one of my favorites. I haven't found another deco of the mold I like more then this one. Still, it lacks detail. The age shows, though it's still far better then a lot of second generation molds.

Armada's Nemesis Prime (who was called Scourge in the original Japanese version, I believe) is probably my least favorite. Hasbro changed the colors to that ugly dark blue, light tan, and orange! They'd have done much better to stick with the RID inspired color scheme the Japanese version has.

Universe Nemesis Prime I kinda like. His colors make for an excellent look in his beast mode, and his robot mode looks like a twisted combination of Armada's Nemesis and RID's Scourge. It's kind of neat. He does come with his own 'Dead Matrix', which is cool, and that BFG.

Alternator Nemesis Prime is the only one I liked even less then Armada's. He constantly fell apart on me, his gun was far too small, and his vehicle mode was never stable. Of course, these are problems I've had with most Alternators, but still. The only benefit was that he had the classic RID Scourge deco, and a nice backstory.

Universe Classic Nemesis Prime looks to be my new favorite. He's got the RID colors and an excellent new mold to be based on. Some new sculpting for the guns would've been nice, or new techy details. The broken glass prime is probably better in those ways, but you can't beat that color scheme. I just ordered mine right from Hasbro and can't wait for it!

There was a decepticon repaint of energon prime I really wanted. I think it was even called Scourge, but I guess it was a Japanese model or something and I never could bring my self to settle for the price.

On a side note, Nemesis Breaker had the RID scourge color scheme, and I love it on that figure. A nod to Black Lio Convoy, and just plain cool looking. He makes a good partner for RID Scourge (or soon, my universe Nemesis Prime).

15. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    RiD Scourge/Black Convoy for me. I don't really care for the names actually, as long as he's a badass black Prime/Convoy, he's in.

16. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The original one for me too. I so regret not picking him up when I had the chance - now I'm too blogged down by other stuff! LOL!

17. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    BT-17

18. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    I would say RiD Scourge.

19. Mixmaster

Mixmaster logh ghot SIS yoD TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    BT-17. The deco's better than on Alt Nemesis Prime, not too mention being painted glossy black.

20. aey103

aey103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Like some others I don't consider RiD Scourge to be a Nemmy, so as of right now I would say the Alt. NP but I think that will change once I get my SDCC Universe 2.0 NP from HTS.