Which MP star scream is best?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by MechanovaKing, Jan 16, 2012.

1. MechanovaKing

MechanovaKing Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm looking into getting a MP Starscream.
    And Beside Hasbro's there are a couple of different ones, am i correct?
    I think i'd like one with out hip kibble. Which one is the best one to go with? And where is a place i can order it from?

2. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wait for the new one that comes out in March, though that one will likely get put out in the US sometime this year, so it's probly worth waiting for that version.

3. Cracka J

Cracka J TURD PARTY DUMPSTERPIECE TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  4. Astronut

Astronut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    the next one :) 

5. Paladine

Paladine Well-Known Member

Hip kibble? I'd settle for one that has wings that won't snap off

6. REMINATOR

REMINATOR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wait for MP-11! I have been waiting since MP-3 came out for the actual Starscream that I used to know and love. Earlier, I was in love with that MP3 prototype only to get a slap in face with that samurai green seawee monster KO Starscream wannabe, hehehe. Finally MP-11...thank you TTomy! Sometime it's good to be patient.

7. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    PP03T wins on cost, and sooner availability.

Based on my iGear coneheads, quality appears within striking distance of the real thing.

Where it falls short: It's apparent the vertical tail fins wont have stripes. Some may contend the shade of grey used is not dark enough, although the same could perhaps be said about the first Hasbro/Takara version.

8. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I was going to go ahead and purchase the Igear Starscream because I have the Coneheads as well Igear Thundercracker, but at this point I want the Takara Mp-11 Starscream. It looks so effing awesome.

9. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It certainly could show up. But given how similar it is to a previous US Starscream and Skywarp release (and how poorly Skywarp sold)- if you decide to wait, watch availability of the coming Takara one carefully. I think in this case it's risky to just assume the US will get this one. To anyone but the most hardcore fans it's just a repaint/reissue.

Personally I LOVE the original green Starscream. I understand why he frustrates fans, but he's very much in the spirit of the Alt/BT toys he was released with. He pays homage to the original while adding some neat variations to make him seem more real.

10. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Agreed regarding MP-03 Greenscream. I quite like his coloring though I keep him almost exclusively in alt mode. (And yes, there are F-15 jets with similar coloring though they're not as common as the gunmetal gray color scheme.) To be quite honest, I'd sooner sell my Takara-Tomy white G1 deco version of MP Starscream than I would MP-03 Greenscream.

I'm still on the fence regarding MP-11; it just depends on the new head/face sculpt (we haven't seen any clear close up pictures yet) and whether or not he has ankle tilts like the original MP Seeker mold does (at the moment, it doesn't look like it just from the available photos we have so far). I'd personally wait for the in-hand reviews to come in first before shelling out the cash for MP-11 in case of any QC issues (a la MP-09 Rodimus).

11. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    mp 11

12. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    MP-11, or a Hasbro version thereof if cost is a factor (wait and see what's announced at Botcon).

13. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

Upcoming MP-11. Dont count on a states side release after the failure of Skywarp. Its possible TRU may pick it up but i would not count on it.

14. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Skywarp may not have been a big seller but it hasn't deterred TRU (Grimlock & Roddy), so I'm still holding out hope for a US release. It feels like there's a lot more of a buzz surrounding MP-11 too (I suspect Skywarp being a repaint of a so-so mould didn't help).

15. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

Oh I understand that. I just think that a state side release is a matter of hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

16. comacaz

comacaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would have normally said iGears' release, since it's cheaper. But his also just to inaccurate. I love iGears' stuff but the thrusters should be black and he is missing the strips. However he does have a blue nose cone, so that's a plus. My biggest gripe with the figure is that it looks like no detail shows whatsoever. So that's another minus.

MP-11 has more detail and an updated mold, but is def. more expensive. So I guess it's up to you if you want to order it online, or wait to see if they do a stateside release. Or jump on the iGear one. Maybe you can get a customizer than can repaint small areas for you. All up to you!

17. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    MP03 looks good if you do not wish to wait for MP11

18. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    If I didn't already have the Hasbro and Takara versions, you can BET I would buy that bad-boy.