Which MP Optimus is the Best version to buy (POLL

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by 13 Primes, Oct 9, 2011.

?

Which MP Optimus is the Best Version

1. MP-01: Convoy

5 vote(s)
    4.8%
  2. MP-01L: Convoy Final Edition

1 vote(s)
    1.0%
  3. MP-04: Convoy Perfect Edition

31 vote(s)
    29.5%
  4. MP-10: Convoy

58 vote(s)
    55.2%
  5. Masterpiece 20th Annivesary

8 vote(s)
    7.6%
  6. Other

2 vote(s)
    1.9%
  1. 13 Primes

13 Primes Well-Known Member

Ok I need Help Deciding Which MP Optimus Prime is the Best version to Buy!
    so I thought i would Start a Poll, to See which one You Guys thought is The Best Version!
    I'm New to Collecting So I don't Have a Clue Which one to Buy
    Thanks for Any Help! :D 

I Don't Know if these Are All of them :eek: 

2. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

MP10. vastly superior but also more expensive. He is the best IMO.

3. Incepticon

Incepticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Up until two weeks ago, I would have said MP-04 with no room for debate. It's the complete package - MP-01 plus trailer with storage for weapons - and obviously has the mass & size that dominates any other figure.

But after seeing more pics & reviews of MP-10, I do honestly think that's the better buy. That is, when Hasbro releases it domestically for much cheaper. Easily the most accurate looking Prime ever made, insane amounts of articulation, no diecast crap to chip, a full trailer that comes with a Roller for people that care about that sort of thing (I personally don't), still a pretty decent size around Leader class scale, a cool self contained gun with an auto-transform gimmick, and the first figure in what appears to be an all new take on the Masterpiece line.

MP-01 of course is fine if you don't care about having a trailer in alt mode, MP-01L is far too fanwank collector for me to ever recommend to anyone, Hasbro's 20th Anniv. edition has way too cartoonish colors and chopped off smoke stacks, MP-02 is just a waste of plastic & metal, and anything repainted into a "Nemesis" is entirely too lame for me to ever recommend... though many will of course disagree with that.

So yeah, MP-10 is my vote. If that's out of your range or you can afford to buy both, then I'd still say MP-04 is worth hunting down.

4. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    mp 10, I'd wait a little while and see if he's going to get a revised version like rodimus just did though.

5. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    From the pictures and posts I've read, MP-10 all the way.

6. Quantum

Quantum Oh good

MP-10 is the way to go dude. Like others have said, from the reviews, best representation yet. And I think it's totally worth the $250. Tons of molded detail, great transformation, storable gun, trailer, Roller, Spike, etc.

7. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 I'm actually 16.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't own MP-10 but seeing that he has a better alternate mode, more playabilty, and the die-cast is used wisely, I think you should go with MP-10.

8. lerath666

lerath666 Autocon Vs Deceptibot

Ebay:
    Igear's Faith Leader for me.

9. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

i have the MP-01L and i definitely dont need any others. :)  maybe you can get a deal on him?

10. justamaze

justamaze Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just bought MP10! So he's now may favorite. Also own Hasbros first Masterpiece release of Prime. He is also nice but more bulky and heavy. Before MP-10 came out I wanted MP-04. Glad I waited.

11. turboedguy

turboedguy minibotologist

News Credits:
    I own a MP-04, and love it. I know a lot of folks say they hate chrome, and diecast, but not me, besides his size (which looks great next to MP Megs) its part of what makes it cool. It just feels awesome.

That being said, MP-10 looks super bad ass and may even be better in some ways. And I will get one very shortly, but since I also own Megatron, it can never replace my MP-04. Now even if they do a new smaller scale Megs, the original big boys will still be in my collection.

If I had to chose only One, I'd go for MP-04. But if i did not care about having both leaders to scale, MP-10 looks awesome.

1000th post woo hoo!

12. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Depends on what you want to do with Prime.

If you're going stick him in with a Classics display along with MP Grimlock and the Seekers (and don't give a shit about the trailer and/or you're on a budget), definitely Faith Leader. MP-10 is just too big, IMHO, to fit in with Classics figures.

If you're getting MP-09 Rodimus and want to display him together (for scale) with MP-10 (or as a standalone), or just want the best overall complete Prime with trailer and Roller (and don't mind dropping $250+), MP-10 is the way to go.

Displayed next to MP-05 Megatron (or again, you're on a budget), the obvious choice is MP-01/04.

Ditto. I also picked up the iGear anime accurate head for Faith Leader online, and it'll make him look all the better! He looks perfect with Classics figures and MP Grimlock and the Seekers, and doesn't appear all hulked out and tower over them like MP-10 does.

13. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Judging from the pics/vids I've seen MP-10 seems to be the top dog. Detail looks superb and he fits in scale with the newer MPs better than the MP-01 mold.

14. Kuma Style

Kuma Style Toy Photography TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Is Faith Leader as fragile as everyone makes it out to be? Because if so, is it REALLY worth ti with panels and shit that auto-break?

15. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy of the Allspark

News Credits:
    I have MP-1, MP-2, MP-1B, MP-1L, MP-4, MP-4S, 20th, 20th Movie, and MP-10. MP-10 is the best by far.

Randy

16. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I only own the 20 Anniversay one.

17. Philip164

Philip164 Board Member

News Credits:
    I'm sticking to my 25th Anniversary edition, it's my only Masterpiece, and it's Optimus Prime they'll retool, repaint, and eventually remake a new one in a few years. So if you have a Masterpiece Prime already consider all the possibilities first.

18. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    My only issue with Faith Leader (2nd Edition release bought directly from iGear) is some sloppy paint apps here and there but nothing a little silver paint couldn't fix. Otherwise, mine came with no major QC issues. Like MP-01/04, alt mode is passable (I rarely display my figs in vehicle mode anyway) but his bot mode is pretty nice. Accessories are top notch, especially his (two) ion rifles and Megatron's gun (perfect for MP Seeker hands).

That said, he is admittedly fragile in some areas, especially the arm panels and the ones that tab into his lower back (and form the front headlamps in alt mode). Not the type of figure to toss around or fat-finger. Treat him as you would an MP Seeker (mostly as a display piece) and it should be fine. Buying him from TFSource (just make sure to use PayPal and not a credit/debit card for security reasons) and any issues with QC should be addressed right there.

I've got him posed next to MP Grimlock and FP City Commander (along with Generations Warpath and Wheeljack) and he looks bloody awesome in a Classics/MP collection (squaring off against MP Starscream and company).

But for a far sturdier "toy" you can play with and knock around and transform day-in and day-out, MP-10 is a far better choice, I will readily concede. For the price? Hard to say.

19. petes2177

petes2177 the poowrr?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have MP-01 and after seeing some reviews and such, I'm considering jumping on MP-10 as well. I would say go for MP-10.

20. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    I sold my MP-01 when I found out TT was planning on up dating him. It was the best decision I ever made. My MP-10 is now my crown jewel of my collection.