Which movie would you want a remake of?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by JetRaid, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Dragonwolf

Dragonwolf dragon-bot

News Credits:
    thanks

and love the sig

2. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    I think they should remake Twilight into something that doesn't BURN YOUR EYES when you watch it.

Seriously.

No.

No offense, but that's a really bad idea.

3. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    But one that's being considered :p 

4. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

A New Who movie might not be so bad now that The Moff is going to be in charge, but sitting througth 90+ solid minuites of RTD material would be about as amusing as dental surgery.

5. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

-The Live Action GI Joe, they must try again with different writers and Director until they get it to as good as Iron Man, Star Trek ,Superman 2 and Transformers

6. comaface

comaface Crush, kill, destroy

Johnny Mnemonic. Or better yet, just adapt Neuromancer already.

7. Spoon

Spoon Banned

We've been down that road.

And we all saw how that turned out, didn't?

Oh, the Who family...
    Wh... what?

HEY LOOK A MYSTERY!

HEY LOOK A LOVE INTEREST!

HEY LOOK A WITTY LINE!

No Doctor Who Films ever. We saw an American attempt at Doctor Who. Yes, Paul McGan and Eric Roberts were brilliant. But it was shite.

Never Again.

8. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    The Thing is a great film everyone just bitches about it due to how it ended. ZOMG i have to think for myself and come to my own conclsusion...i just can't manage it *head explodes*

It might not be close to the sourse material but why would you want it to be, why have multiple versions of the exact same thing...that's redundant. Also for those who haven't seen anything else to do with it, John Carpenter's version is a good stand alone movie.

9. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
  10. Jochimus

Jochimus Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!

Actually, Carpenter's THE THING is very close to the original source material - which is John W. Campbell's original short story "Who Goes There?": Who Goes There? - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. By comparison, THE THING FROM ANOTHER WORLD, rightly-acknowledged classic though it is, has very damn little in common with the original story, save that it's apparently the main cast of researchers (rather than the Norwegians) who thaw out the alien. I hesitate to call Carpenter's version a "remake" because that implies it's a remake of the previous film, which it really isn't.

I think I honestly have to say I love both filmed versions equally.

11. KnightSaberAmi

KnightSaberAmi Nyan Nyan

Haven't really the thread but what do you think of Tron?

12. FriskyPinewood

FriskyPinewood Well-Known Member

Tron was groundbreaking for the time and is still visualy strikeing, So much of it is tied into the purity of the arcade games that were hugely popular back then. Remakeing it to fit a modern audiance would be missing the point I think.There supposedly is a sequel in the works, even a pseudo trailer made to drum up intrest...but it has been in and out of development hell for over a decade now.

13. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

lulz, You really took my sarcasm WAY too seriously, but I have never heard anyone bitch about the ending. You're the first person I've ever seen mention it.

14. Spoon

Spoon Banned

15. Hand Of Omega

Hand Of Omega Well-Known Member

I'm not clammering to see a WHO feature film purely because I can't see it working. There is so much mythology and background to WHO.
    The only way it would work is as a seperate silver screen franchise. One unconnected from the TV series.
    Like I said, not thrilled about it, but it would be better than a TV series reboot. That would be utter blasphemy. To void the talents and efforts of all that have gone before - Tom Baker, William Hartnell and David Tennant, as well as the wonderful writing staff and crews over the years
    Well, except Colin Baker, I hope someone writes a story where the Doctor was possessed by John Simms' terrible hyperactive master :D  . Colin was nuts and his costume was like acid to my retinas :crazy:  . Anyway...

16. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

17. KnightSaberAmi

KnightSaberAmi Nyan Nyan

Yeah, hate to admit as much as I would love to have Tron remade some things are best left alone...Ha Ha Ha what about Time Bandits? Now theres one that might do well. Esp. with the Evil.

18. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible

See my post re: Wizard of Oz. New tools open up new possibilities, new times allow new interpretations. Sometimes these create marvelous results (The Fly, The Thing), sometimes odious ones (Psycho, Planet of the Apes). In the end the sequel is only remembered if it surpasses the original. The original itsel will always be there, and I find stands a little taller for each failed attempt to remake it.

As I see it, we are a storytelling species. Stories are the way our most ancient ancestors told of their culture, their religion, their morality. Popular stories begat sequels, and new storytellers retold the best tales of their predecessors. Each added their own twist to the tale, sometimes improving it, sometimes not. Hell, the first work of western literature was the Iliad, and the second was The Odyssey (aka The Iliad II: The Journey Home) and neither tale likely originated with Homer.

At the very least, the remakes tie up our most hackworthy writers and directors and keep them from ****ing up original material.

19. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible

Time Bandits is a good example of the sort of film that's best left be. It's too much a product of a specific director's vison and style, and to separate the tale from the film would pretty much defeat the purpose- that is, Terry Gilliam's stuff is not readily transferable, though I could see someone else attempting Munchausen.

20. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

-Monster Squad semi sequel : Get some of the original cast and have them either play their older selves (it's not like they're busy)
    -X-Men 3: Ignore that piece of crap movie we got, replace Halle Barry, get Singer to direct so we get his vision of it, don't let Juggernaut be taken down like a punk and DON'T KILL THE 2 MAIN FOCAL CHARACTERS OF THE DARK PHOENIX SAGA! (Professor X and Cyclops)
    Star Chaser: old animated movie I saw when I was young, kid finds a energy sword to fight evil machine/ robot rulers
    -Return of the Living Dead
    -Killer Tomatoes ( you just need Anthony Starke and George Clooney and off you go)