Which Movie toys are in scale Right Now

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by cms64, Jun 21, 2007.

1. cms64

cms64 Active Member

I'm curious as to which Decepticons are in good scale with the Autobots. i already have Barricade, and I'm going to the store today to pick up Ironhide and a Decepticon

2. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    Well, here's a roughly good scale of the Decepticon toys:

-LOC Barricade
    -FAB/Deluxe Brawl
    -FAB Starscream
    -Voyager Blackout
    -FAB/Voyager Megatron
    -Deluxe Bonecrusher

The movie Autobots (Leader Prime, Deluxe Jazz and Bumblebee, Voyagers Ironhide and Ratchet) are in perfect scale.

3. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    If Jazz and 'Bee are perfect scale, shouldn't Barricade then be the Deluxe? Isn't the LOC, like...tiny?

4. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    Umm...

Great, now I don't know which toys should be in scale with each other...:( 

5. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    The Decepticons' normal figures are actually in decent scale already if you swap out Barricade for this LOC version. Megatron is the tallest in the movie, followed by Blackout, then Starscream, who is only a couple feet shorter. Brawl and Bonecrusher are about the same size. For the Autobots, it would be LOC Bumblebee and Jazz, FAB Ironhide and Ratchet, and Voyager Prime. That's as accurate as the scale gets. I have reliable sources on the heights of each character (I even know Megatron's 5 feet taller in the hangar for dramatic effect) though they won't let me post anything besides that.

6. WheelJacksWrkShp

WheelJacksWrkShp Here goes nothin'

you know I am sitting hear looking at my Leader Prime, Dlx Jazz, BB & Baricade and something is off. Jazz is too big. There is noway that a Pontiac is that big compared to the '74 camaro. The Solstice is shorter than a Corvette. BB, Baricade & Prime are in scale. I will have to side by side Ironhide and Rachet to see if they are in scale also but may be like Jazz and be a little on the big side. As far as the other decepticons go they are probably proportional to each other. The Bonecrusher is about the same in comparison to Brawl and the both look scale next to SS & Blackout. Just my 2ยข worth of observation.

7. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    Barricade is the only one who is in scale with the Autobots.

Possibly Leader Megatron, but it's a stretch.

8. cms64

cms64 Active Member

I'm planning on getting the '09 bumblebee; that looks more to scale.

9. Jedi2016

Jedi2016 Well-Known Member

Jazz is definitely too big, at least in alt form, not sure about robot form.

I think a lot of people are underestimating Bonecrusher's size... his alt mode is frikkin' HUGE, larger than Prime. Check out this pic on Wikipedia: CLICKIE.

The problem is that the Decepticons aren't in scale with the Autobots. Most of the Decepticons in the film are significantly larger than the Autobots. Deluxe Barricade is indeed to scale with the Deluxe Jazz and BB, but he's NOT to scale with the other Decepticons (which is what the OP was asking about), who are scaled much smaller than the Autobots, to keep the toys from being too large.

As for scale, I've mainly concentrated on the Autobots. Leader Prime, Voyager Ironhide, and Deluxe Jazz & BB are pretty much in scale with each other. Rachet is too big, they should have sized him somewhere in between the Voyager and Deluxe sizes. The toy is actually larger than Ironhide, when it should be the other way 'round.

Aside from Barricade, I probably won't pick up any Decepticons unless they release more figures that are in scale with the Autobots I mentioned above.

10. dasaffe

dasaffe Morrissey Fan

In robot mode, the Autobots are all pretty close to scale except Ironhide, who's too short.

In vehicle mode, Jazz and Ratchet are a hair too big, Ironhide and Bumblebee are a hair too small, and Prime is somewhere in between. Jazz looks the most off since Ratchet's Hummer can get away with being big, but it's oversized compared to Prime and Ironhide.

But that said, they all look great in a convoy and none of the scale issues bug me.