Which movie Prime should I get?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by DaggersRage, Jun 8, 2007.

1. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

Hey guys. I got to take a look at Optimus Prime at target today and I saw the big one for $40 dollars and the "Only at Target" one for $20. I dont know if I really want to spend $40 dollars on the big guy himself but when I look at the target toy something just feels.... off.

I would like to have a Prime figure be as close to the movie as possible, and thats the feeling I get when I look at the Target exclusive toy, he just doesnt seem to look like him in the movie.

I hope I'm wrong but can anyone confirm this?

2. pmoverlord-1972

pmoverlord-1972 the enforcer of all

i got 5 five of the movie primes

3. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    The larger Prime is more movie-accurate. If that's most important to you, it's definitely the way for you to go.

4. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    I'd totally suggest Leader Prime if you can afford it. I was on the fence until I saw both of them in person and wasn;t impressed at all by Robovision (Only at Target) Prime. The leader Prime is all sort of awesome, and has a fun transformation, cool automorph gimmick and even articulated fingers! I don't regret getting the big one at all...all sorts of win.

5. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible

The larger Prime is a more movie accurate transformation, but the smaller Prime's are more accurate in robot mode. Not sure who's got the more accurate truck. The Target-only RoboVision prime has different colors -the gray plastic is silver and the dark blue is replaced by a more traditional primary blue. A Voyager-Prime (same mold as the Target) with movie-accurate colors will get a release in a few weeks. Kibble is about the same on all, but the Voyager's gather it up in a single backpack, while Leader has it more spread out, so Leader looks more kibbly from the front.

All have good TFs and articulation. The Leader is more complex and looks much more impressive on your shelf. Of course he costs $15 more that Target Prime ($20 more than the standard Voyager Prime).

I'd recommend both molds.

6. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

LEADER!!!

Put it this way: The Leader MEGATRON is better than the Voyager (I think), so having Voyager PRIME fighting Leader MEGATRON is going to look daft.

Add to that, Leader PRIME is just so good! I was really looking forward to him anyway, but even I was bowled over when I finally got the thing!

7. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

go for both.

8. DVD

DVD Well-Known Member

When the toys came out, I was so on the fence about which one. Thanks to Remy's gallery of RoboPrime, I was *sure* that he was the one I was going to get. Then I saw Leader Prime in person at Target. Up until then, I had Robo Prime in my hands. After seeing Leader Prime, I put him back. I still don't own RoboPrime, but I do own one of the best, if not *the* best Primes ever. *Everything* about this figure is amazing. The engineering, the articulation, very well hidden electronic features...it's all there. Not only that, but they succeeded in making a Leader Prime that didn't need a trailer or "super mode", as in the past few series. He's the very epitome of what a Transformer toy should be.

I'll be picking RoboPrime up either tonight or tomorrow, but I know my opinion on Leader Prime won't change.

9. SocrManiac

SocrManiac TFW2005 Supporter

I have both, and I couldn't be more disappointed in the Voyager (I picked him up based on positive reviews here). The leader scale offering is solid in construction and locks together beautifully. He's also scaled well to the Voyager Ratchet/Ironhide as well as the Deluxe Bumblebee and Jazz.

The Voyager Prime seems floppy in comparison, is far less stable (mine has loose ball joints on the hips and the backpack is in a bad place for stability), and isn't big enough next to Ratchet and Ironhide in either mode (though he can fit with the Deluxes).

For me, it would come down to a simple cost/benefit: is the Leader Prime, twice as expensive, twice as good? For me, the answer is yes, though your mileage may vary. Look at pictures, look at transformations, look at poses, and try to make the best decision for yourself.

10. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    Get the $40.00 one if you can afford it.

11. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Like the others say...Leader Optimus for me too! He's bug, fun and decent looking!

12. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Buy them all!!!

13. Methusalen

Methusalen Not good enough for G1!

News Credits:
    I looked at them both, and while I'll probably be picking up the leader class Prime later on, I picked up Robovision Prime for now... I've gotta say, I'm really thrilled by him, but as it's been brought up, mileage may vary after I get the leader class fig...

14. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

I've only got the Robovision (Target Exclusive) Prime so far. He's really good. I will eventually get Leader Prime. If you were only getting one or able to get one I'de get the Leader class version.

15. Scourge_151

Scourge_151 Never gargle the rum. TFW2005 Supporter

Leader Prime is awesome fun, nicely complex to transform but I managed it without the instructions so its all very intuitive. Very solid toy with bags of character. I'll probably pick up a voyager prime anyway if I see one at Botcon.

16. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Leader Prime is, hands down, the best Optimus I've ever had the pleasure to have owned (and I have nearly twenty Optimuses, including 20th anniversary). Robot mode looks great and is well articulated, vehicle mode is just plain gorgeous, and the transformation is great, straightforward but by no means simple. I've seen the RoboVision Prime at the store a couple of times, but he just can't hold a candle to the sheer awesomeness that is Leader Prime.

17. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

So the big $40.00 (Leader Prime?) is really worth it? Will there be a Megatron that big as well, cuz I want Prime and Megs do epic battles against each other.

I dont know how I'm going to do epic battles with these things, but if I let a friend of mine play around with them I'm sure he'll do it :D 

18. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes and yes.

19. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    or wait for a sale if you cant. excellent toy.

20. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    Leader class Prime all the way. It's an excellent toy. Well constructed, and the transformation is fun... well unless you're that guy who did the first video review that is :redface2: