Which movie had the best final battle?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Rusty24, Dec 31, 2011.

?

Best Final Battle

1. Transformers (2007)

52 vote(s)
    43.7%
  2. ROTF

7 vote(s)
    5.9%
  3. DOTM

60 vote(s)
    50.4%
  1. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    Yeah! That asshole! But don't be too cruel on him. He may be a nice fellow. And has a liking for RoTF Sideways....

2. Moriarty

Moriarty = ♀

News Credits:
    I think the '07 movie. It was less OMG WOW than DOTM, but it felt like there was more at stake. And having it take part in a fictional city was also kinda cool.

ROTF's was the worst...I don't think it was particularly bad, but it felt like there was too much slapstick in there.

3. viper2391

viper2391 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    DOTM? Really? TF 2007 and ROTF I watched more than 10x but sadly after watching DOTM for the 3rd time it just was sooo boring. There were no memorable scenes. The worm thing got more exposure than everyone else. To me the greatest scene was the Scorponok scene in the TF 2007 movie. It was just perfect. DOTM? They wasted time money to that stupid worm. The first transformers was the best for me.

4. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

the final battle in transformers 1 was ok, but it ended with sam killing megatron, which was kind'a bland.

transformer 2, i kind'a forgot what happened after the battle between megatron, starscream, grinder, and prime. that's the only part of that movie, that's worth remembering :lol 

so that just leaves DOTM.

mainly due the fact that the last HALF of the movie was entirely the "final battle." and it really did feel like it was an ALL or nothing battle to the finish.

5. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    dark of the Moon was my favorite. To me, the final battle last from when Sam, Epps, and Epps's N.E.S.T. buddies try to enter Chicago, and are stopped by a Decepticon ship. Then the Autobots return. That scene until the one where Optimus shoots Sentinel is the final battle for me!

6. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    DOTM if it wasn't for the fact the Autobots annilhilate the Decepticxons with ease and half the humans killed most of the main Decepticons.

7. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    ^agreed

So to you ROTF had more memorable scenes than DOTM?Wow.That's..Sad

8. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    It had Devastator transforming, Mixmaster being boss, the airial strike, (though it made the Decepticons look like pusses.) and the thing about Optimus coming back to life.

9. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    I liked TF1's the best, the Decepticon deaths felt significant to the plot and not just because they had to die. For starters, there were only four of them, giving our heroes a clear goal, so one being killed takes out a LOT of their fighting power. Secondly, the specific hero killing the Con was intentional; Lennox killing Blackout, for instance, is payback for the opening assault (plus he's saving Optimus's skin).

In RotF and DotM, there are so many Cons you can never tell how close you are to defeating them, and each kill is impersonal. There is no story reason for Jetfire to destroy Mixmaster or Sam to blow up Starscream or Devastator to get hit with a railgun beyond "Con gotta get killed."

10. Hellscream15

Hellscream15 Hi... Bl

By final battle i assumed you meant a bot vs. bot battle ( which is why i voted for the 1st)
    But as a whole DOTM.

11. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

2007 wins for me - every Autobot got to shine, Decepticons fought better, and I was more emotionally invested and engaged because the entire movie was a positive experience.

ROTF was mostly made up of random explosions. The Fallen was all talk and no fight. You don't get to see any of the Autobots fight except for Bee and Prime.

With DOTM, the fight scenes were too short - Shockwave went down too fast. Prime vs. Megatron was non-existent. The other Autobots got background fight scenes only. The driller building scene was too long. No Ironhide in it. It all added up to me being ready for it to end.

12. Devil Prime

Devil Prime Well-Known Member

The first one by far. The Decepticons could actually hold their own, and Optimus didn't kill everyone by himself.

13. NEST SOLDIER

NEST SOLDIER IRONHIDE'S DRIVER

I voted for DOTM, however In terms of one-on-one battles, I wasn't impressed by any of them. I thought that the end fight sequences featuring Optimus were all too short. If the battles had been a little more drawn out, it would have been great.

14. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Having now just seen the movie tonight, I have to say definitely DOTM!

15. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    Dark of the Moon was the best in that it had EVERYONE involved. Autobots besides Prime and Bumblebee, Sentinel, Decepticon ships, Wreckers. The ending kills t though. I'm counting the whole final hour of the film, btw.

16. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    The first movie wins my vote. In my opinion, that was actually the best thought-out transformers film of the three. When an autobot, or even a decepticon died, you cared, either saying: "what! that decepticon was awesome! why did he die?" or "NOOOOO JAZZ WHYYYY???" When you saw optimus, you thought "YAH OP FTW!" but then megatron started tossing him around, showing you that even leaders have their weaknesses, instead of being mother f**king gods that kill everything they see out of rage, and seem impossible to kill (even without an arm), and the only way to kill them is a cheap shot to the back. Bumblebee wasn't too big a deal. and all the transformers had enormous potential of being loveable characters with development. But sadly, this is only portrayed in the comics, and it was 100% ruined in the movies.

17. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

QFT!

18. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

like i said, i totally forgot everything that happened in that movie, personally, other then the prime battle with megatron and grinder :lol 

which shows just how memorable it is!

i haven't even had the desire to watch it a second time. it's dotm and 07, that i remember, and i enjoy watching.

rotf, is not a bad movie to me, it just contains nothing all that memorable, at least to me.

19. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

TF1 definitely had the best final battle. ROTF and DOTM both had cool final battles in my mind, but I'd rank the final battle in ROTF a little higher because DOTM had an action scene then it stopped and it repeated this until the last 15 minutes of the movie. Plus, it just didn't feel as big as it should have. Where were the other Decepticons when Sam killed Starscream and why wasn't there at least one Autobot fighting them off at the same time? Instead it was just Sam and Starscream mostly alone in an alley. Don't get me wrong the last 15 minutes of the battle are truly spectacular and it feels like a war, it just felt repetitive when it was leading up to those final 15 minutes. In ROTF, it also felt like a war and I liked how they made each character look like they'd been through hell at the end. TF1 still has the best final battle because it had cool moments that were sadly absent in the other two (like Starscream and the F-22s) and each kill made sense story-wise and it effected the plot.

20. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I voted for DOTM because the final battle of Optimus Prime destroying Megatron is sure one hell of a battle.