Which movie figure are you most impressed with for each size?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by NGW, Jun 3, 2007.

1. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Deluxe: I have Barricade and Swindle. I will go with Barricade. The car looks great and the bot looks menacing.
    Voyager: I only have Starscream so for now I will go with that. I am looking forward to getting Blackout.
    Leader: I have none.
    Other: Starscream Barrel Roll Blaster. This toy is seriously the most fun. It is huge and the darts have some serious power behind them.

2. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible

Real Gear - Booster, just because of the Laserbeak homage. Most of these are really sweet.

Deluxe - Out of Bumblbee and Jazz, Bumblebee, but that's because Jazz has forearms like saloon doors and thighs like Hillary Clinton.

Voyager - I've got the 1st 4, and I like them all, but at the moment I really-and suprisingly- like Ratchet. Not a simple transformation, but its still easy to do, and I like the hidden axe. Ironhide is awesome in robot mode, though a bit tough to tf correctly. Blackout is a little small and, for me, tends to fall apart. Starscream is a gorilla bot, which is fine except its Starscream dammit!, and too much junk in the trunk in plane mode. I know I'm nitpicking, but for figures this fine, you have to nitpick to find the best.

3. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Volcanicus Torso

News Credits:
    Somewhere Wearing The Dinobots As Gloves & Boots
    Deluxe- Barricade

Voyager- Ironhide

Leader- Prime, Of course.

Voyager starscream is a downright ugly figure in bot and alt mode and is a colossal waste of money.

4. Avon

Avon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hmm, for those who love ss, what's his articulation like? Does he have outward hip movement? What's the range of motion like on his arms?

Actually, same goes for Ironhide and Rachet, they're pretty poseable right?

5. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Real Rear- Spy Shot 6
    Deluxe - Bonecrusher
    Voyager- Ironhide
    Leader- Prime

6. 1UpCheatachu

1UpCheatachu Lemony Fresh TFW2005 Supporter

Movie Legends - Jazz (so far)
    FAB - Optimus Prime (so far)
    Real Gear - Speed Dial (so far)
    Deluxe - Jazz (so far)
    Voyager - Ratchet (so far)
    Leader- Optimus Prime (so far)

7. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Again, I don't yet have my SS (YET), but I've seen a couple video reviews of him (Matrix Prime's review is the best you can find, check on Youtube for it) that give a nice look at his articulation. His hips can't be moved at all, which was really his only real negative with the figure. The arms have good articulation though. Move back and forth, to the side, they rotate.

8. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Legends: Megatron. The head turns and it has automorph!

FABs : Frenzy. Most original alternate mode combined with a creepy robot mode.

Real Gear : Spy Shot 6. The most convincing in both modes.

Scouts : Arcee. Best redeco of the bunch.

Deluxes : Bumblebee. Best versions ever.

Voyagers : Ironhide. Full of awesome in both modes.

Leaders : Optimus Prime. Finally, the perfect Optimus Prime. Best alternate mode of the movie, best transformation, best robot.

9. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    Actually, his hips have a nice range of motion...he has no waist though, which I think is what you're confusing from the vid review. I don't have mine in front of me, but I know he has forward and back movement, and I'm pretty sure I've spread them to the side to some degree.

10. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    All true.

11. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Yeah, I think you're right about that...I'm going off a lack of sleep so I'm a bit out of it right now..plus it's been a while since I looked at that video.

12. aey103

aey103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So far I have only got all of the deluxes (minus Brawl), voyagers, and leaders as I am trying to stay away from everything else although I can see myself picking some real gears up later on. My favorites for the deluxes, voyagers, and leaders are as follows:

Deluxe - Wreckage, it would have been Baricade but the lack of the peg being able to secure the lower portion to the tops pushed it to #2.

Voyager - By process of elimination Robovision Prime, this is a tough call I like them all a lot. Not Starscream because I risk poking an eye out evertime I Transform it due to the missiles always accidently firing. Not Ironhide because the G1 part of me says a black truck should be Trailbreaker and the fact the parts of the robot mode just bother me. Not Blackout because I feel it could be a little bigger and I have a hard time finding a right pose for it. Ratchet rivals Prime as my favorite and really could be a coin flip, I just have played with Prime more.

Leader - Prime, only because I just picked up Megatron and haven't had a chance to tinker with it much.

I haven't picked any scouts up but from what I've seen Arcee would be tops on that list closely followed by Hardtop. The same is true for the Real Gear figures, haven't picked any up but from what I have seen the mp3 player would top that list closely followed by the digital camera because the mp3 player makes a nice Lazorbeak and the camera makes a nice Reflector.

13. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    Deluxe-Bonecrusher: This guy is so awesome. Wicked Alt mode. Even more wicked bot mode!! Why could this guy be a voyager?!?

Voyager-Ironhide: He looks bad ass in both modes and is just a joy to have even with his flaws.

Havent tinkered with the other classes yet....