Which megs?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Rumble02, Jul 19, 2007.

1. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

Ok so we have G1, machine wars, beastwars/machines, rid, aec, and now MOVIE megatron. which one do you find to be truly the most ruthless and most likely to take down the other megatrons were they all pit against eachother. Im honestly going for movie megs. He just seems to me to be the one to REALLY put his money where his mouth is. What are your thoughts and please keep this civil. everyone is entitled to their opinion

2. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

First I'd like to point out that the media in which every incarnation of Megs was shown put animators on a certain budget that limits the animation. We have to consider that. Judging by the overall mayhem movie Megs would be number 1, but 1986 Megs was really awesome, just watch the fight between him and OP again. The BW series was limited in the presentation of fights, they look too plastic because of the media used.

The movie Megs is the biggest of the movie figures, and has very little to fear from other bots, and because of it he can be reckless and just punch, crunch, maim and shoot without any consideration of his suroundings (which got him killed in the end, because he was boxed in between buildings so he couldn't dodge shit).

G1 (more precisely 1986 movie) Megatron is also badass, he really stood his ground with OP, he was about to loose the fight, because by chance Prime had his gun lying nearby, while Megatron's shooter was burried in the debries.

BW Megs is alot like G1, but he's more sneaky and won't fight until he absolutely has to. Some would say cowardice, but how do you explain his ocasional fight where he kicked mucho ass?? I'm not sure, but I seem to remember him owning Primal in a good number of fights. He, like G1 Megs ocasionaly, considered himself too precious for the cause and plans he puts into effect to jepardize himself in fights he doesn't need to fight.

3. VAwitch

VAwitch G1 GeekGirl

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd got for movie megs as being the biggest badass - unless G1 Megs got some shots off first. But it'd be close.

And BW Megs would be the leader in the cunning dept. However, his bravery never struck me as being particularly high vs. G1 or movie Megs.

As for others, eh - they seems like weak versions of meshes of G1 & BW meg - more cunning than G1, but less so than BW, and stronger than BW Meg. Like Prime, there's only so much you can do to the formula b4 it's not the same character, outer alt.mode changes not withstanding. (I still prefer Gun or movie Jet; tank doesn't = Megatron for me).

4. PrimeConvoy

PrimeConvoy ShickaBAM!

I think if you were to just throw them all in a pit, I would have to say Moive Megs would kick the most ass. Then again I wouldn't doubt that BW Megs would be the last one standing without a mark on him either. If given the chance I think he would somehow get ever other megs to duke it out first and when the last one is standing weak and tired from the battle he would step in and make his move. Now im not saying he can't hold his own, it just that he's far more Intelligent then any other Megs out there IMO...

5. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    G2 comic megatron. damn powerhouse.

6. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
    Beast Wars Megs all the way in terms of character. He's just a smooth operator.

I liked Cybertron Megs too, but second place will be G1 Megs in MP-05 badness form.

7. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    It all depends on how you take some of these guys. Energon Megatron was pretty flippin' powerful on paper - he's an avatar of Unicron! He in theory should have all the powers Sideways had, though he rarely used them, perhaps he couldn't outside of Unicron.

Armada ultimately depends on how many Minicons he can attach to himself - the power boost he could get from being fully loaded out could let him do a fair bit of damage.

Cybertron never seemed that strong, but he did tear open a piece of the dimensional fabric once, which must take a bit of power.

RiD Megatron in spite of his power is not that big a deal, unless you run by the whole Gigatron "absorbing his parallel reality selves" thing. After all, if you look at Devil Gigatron, you're dealing with possibly the most powerful TF of them all - although his arrogance was his downfall in the end, and ultimately the Japanese one isn't actually Megatron, so by that point, he doesn't count anymore.

Beast Wars Megatron wasn't mega strong - just very cunning and a 'bot who knew to take advantage of the hand fate dealt him. In Beast Machines, he proved pretty much invincible, if not unbeatable.

G1 wasn't as smart, but still never to be underestimated. He's pretty formidable in combat, probably the best warrior of all the ones listed here so far except maybe Movie Megatron. He started out as a gladiator after all, and fought his way up to the leadership of a powerful army, if you go by his Marvel G1 origin (adopted now by IDW). He knows how to handle himself in a fight, he has a decent amount of firepower, and he never, ever gives up. Granted, he does have a penchant for silly schemes that really should never get off the drawing board, though.

Then we have the newcomer, weighing in at 38 feet tall, capable of tearing through his enemies like they were made of paper. Movie Megatron is pretty ruthless, though he doesn't seem as indestructable as his forebears - granted, might be the realism of the movie. He is probably the equal of the original Megatron in combat, I'd imagine he could take a few of these newer Megatrons quite easily. After all, like the original Megatron, Movie Megatron is just who he is - he has no special powers, no Minicons, only one alt mode, just his cannon and his flail - and he is every bit as feared as the rest of them.

Ultimately, that is what it comes down to - Movie and G1 have no super powers like the rest, they merely have their own skills. Either one is pretty dangerous in their own way, but perhaps the sheer ruthlessness displayed by Movie Megatron would give him the edge in a fight. Or perhaps it would leave him open to the final blow that finishes the fight...

8. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Movie Megatron all the way.

^ Based off a physical brawl BTW...

9. LOSTaddict815

LOSTaddict815 Well-Known Member

BW Megs all the way

10. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    In a fight? Movie Megs all the way.

Character-wise? I really like BW Megatron, just something about him.

11. bushboy

bushboy Hardcore Decepticon

Movie Megs

Character wise-BW Megatron

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Movie Megatron will deffinately destroy them all.

BW would probobly bargin with him, side with him, then destroy all the other Megatrons and then betray Movie Megs only to be sent packing.

:p 

13. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Agree...though it doesn't help that BW Megs only comes up to movie Megs' knee :lol 

14. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

As much as I love BW Megs, I thought he wasn't *actually* a Megatron in the sense that he was just a 'con who took charge and assumed the name. Where as opposed to Primal who was somehow related to Prime. There's no doubt in my mind that BW Megs is the smartest, however in a fight his strategies may not be as reliable.

Basically, as so many have noted, this fight comes down to G1 Megs (from the comics mainly) and Movie Megs. In the G1 Movie, megs only lasted so long by lying and faking surrender, but that is something Movie Megs would never do. But the comic Megs is a whole different story and that's who should be considered.

But as far as ruthlessness goes, I'm going to have to go with Movie Megs. The way his drones were left gracious to be alive after not getting the information they wanted from the 'bots in the comic showed me that this guy was a *beast*. He didn't need any trickery or special methods to get what he wanted, he just did it. He is recklessly savage and highly ruthless. That doesn't mean he'd win in a 'fight' persay, but it does make him the most ruthless in my eyes.

15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Try ankle. BW Megs is only about nine feet tall, Movie Megs is about 35. Unless you mean Dragon Megs, whose more like 17, but still small compared to Movie Megs.

G1 Megatron is BW Megs' ansestor. He's as much a Megatron as OP Primal is an Optimus.

16. Rodr-Evil

Rodr-Evil Lucifer's children TFW2005 Supporter

Movie Meg I think, seconded by Cybertron Meg.

17. bushboy

I thought it was the other way around. Didn't the BW group go back in time?

18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Yes they did. That doesn't excuse the fact that BW Primal and Megs are decendants of G1 Prime and Megs.

19. bushboy

Your original post was a typo then?

20. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    EDIT: yeah, I put ancestor after the wrong Megs. :lol  It gets confusing!

G1 Megs is the ancestor of BW Megs.