Which Masterpeice figure is the best?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Star Cracker, Apr 3, 2007.

1. Star Cracker

Star Cracker Well-Known Member

I've been considering jumping on the Masterpeice bandwagon and am curious as to which Masterpeice folks conder the best.

Optimus Prime with Trailer
    Starscream
    Megatron
    Ultra Magnus

As of right now, I'm almost tempted to go with Prime simply because he's the only one I can't see any further redecos or add-ons with. He already has the trailer now and seems to be finished.

The problem with Ultra Magnus is the same with MP01. And this is that I'll buy him just to get screwed later on when Takara/Tomy decide to give him his carrier (like how Prime got his trailer after he had been released).

Starscream can always be redecoed into his G1 toon color scheme and right now I'm not sure if I'd rather go with him now or just wait and see (Incidentally I really do like the look of Starscream's design).

Megatron will suffer undoubtedly from Takara rereleasing him with the rest of his accessories (the arm brace and silencer). Of course this is pure speculation. Just because Prime got the treatment, doesn't mean it's guaranteed for Megs. After all Magnus hasn't been rereleased yet.....though he might be with the carrier as MP06.

2. Taker

Taker Chilean TF Fan

Optimus is the only Masterpiece. The others are just wannabes.

3. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would have to say Optimus w/ trailer. I just love how much die-cast he has and he's a technological marvel.

4. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    starscream.

hehe.

5. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

starscream has a display stand..............and hes cheaper................wing joints break after like a month though.....

6. MV75

MV75 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    For apparent build quality and playability (won't disintegrate), mp01 and mp02 for sure are the best ever made. These are toys where diecast works because it's not cheaply made crappy diecast. And the diecast sections arn't trying to be too highly detailed, which is where titaniums fall to shit.

If you don't have a masterpiece, then yea, look at the prime and trailer.

7. Phorpus

Phorpus RHco.

I wholeheartedly reccomend Optimus since he has pretty much everything right, except for a few irks in vehicle mode but are completely ignorable. And compared to pretty much every other Transformer in existence he will not dissapont.

8. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    rather than choosing, i just wanted to break them down as so:
    mp1 - most playable and durable, most accurate to cartoon version, weakest alt mode of the 3, best/most features (moving mouthplate, light up matrix, flip out communicators, articulated vents, etc)
    mp3 - best alt mode, weakest cartoon representation, poor size in bot mode, best single gimmick (swapping face)
    mp5 - best detail/engineering, best finish (paint application), wtf award for oversized gun mode

9. MrFX

MrFX Collecting never ends...

I will let you know what I think when I recieve my Megs.

10. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd say Optimus, but since he's the only MP TF I have so, far, I'm not the right one to ask. (Got Megatron on order though)

11. wavelength

wavelength Well-Known Member

starscream.

12. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Agreed. I am still waiting for my Megs to arrive, but Prime w/ all the diecast, the accessories, the details (ie hydrolic pistons, etc), the gimmicks and the cartoon accuracy mades him truly amazing and really seperates him from the others.

Each does have its strong points, but each has been and always will be judged against Prime.

13. megatrontsm

megatrontsm Active Member

Ebay:
    Uncertain at this time as I actually donot own a masterpiece instead I own 2 versions of Hasbros release of the 20th Anniversary OptimusPrime which I guess is almost identicle to the Takara release of Masterpiece Convoy. I own battle damaged Optimus Prime and the 20thanniversary Classic movie Prime. I do however have the masterpiece Megatron on order.

14. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

15. Acteon

Acteon Overworked

Ebay:
    It depends on what you want from the toy, as I like Megatron, Prime and Starscream for different reasons.

Prime is the most solid of the three, and looks impressive in pretty much any pose. He's also pretty damn heavy, so he'll double up as a doorstop. He only suffers (slightly) from shiny, brightly coloured plastic arms and head. I would have preferred the colours been a tad less "bright", but that's just me.

Starscream has his moments. I'm not fazed by the colour scheme, less impressed with the hip kibble, but like the muted colours, strong arms (a first for a seeker) and some nice engineering (folding the flaps down to get the more cartoonish silhouette for example). He does just sit on the shelf for the most part though, and poses are limited. Oh, and the jet mode is very plasticy and unimpressive. It does seem a shame that they made any sacrifices for the alt mode as I never use it.

Megatron is new and therefore the shiniest at the moment. He is visually quite striking, more so than the others because of his gorgeous colour scheme, huge cannon (!) and the fact that it's G1 Megs done properly. As a feat of engineering skill, it's head and shoulders above the other two.

Hope that helps anyway...

16. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Megatron. He's the epiphany of all TF toys.

17. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Megatron is totally badass, though Prime will always hold a special place in my heart.

Screamer is good but a distant third place, it's between the other two. You really need both Megatron and Prime, though, as they complement each other so well.

Perhaps Takara Tomy will issue a special VS set featuring both Masterpieces down the line, only this time they'll throw in Megatron's attachments or something.

Also, this would probably be better suited to the Toyark (loads thread into his cannon)

18. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

It's a choice between two, not including Starscream.

19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Megatron.

Prime is a die-cast brick to me and SS is a fragile Alternator disguised as a jet.

Megatron isn't perfect, but no transformer is.

Same with Prime and SS, each have good points, and bad.

But I say go with Megatron.

20. TimothyVernon

TimothyVernon Well-Known Member

starscream for now. he looks badass in both modes and if you pop off the back wing assembly you can get some pretty awesome poses. i'll have megatron in a couple days to compare.