Which maketoy constrocticon set should I get?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by tfprime32, Apr 23, 2012.

1. tfprime32

tfprime32 Banned

News Credits:
    Which maketoy constructicon set should I get :green or yellow?

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Depends entirely if you like how they look in green or in yellow - yellow has that real world construction thing going for it, while green is G1 styled.

Totally your call.

3. tfprime32

tfprime32 Banned

News Credits:
    Is there a diffence in the toy? And I don't care about the color.

4. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I honestly wouldn't think there'd be any difference aside from the color. The yellow is supposed to be limited, and the green version more widely produced. Like Sol said, its up to you. I already preordered all 3 sets of the yellow and am definitely planning on getting the green version as well.

5. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

If you have Herc get the yellow if not go with the colour you like best, personally I like the yellow more as the red and white hazard stripes put me off the green one but really its a personal taste thing.

6. tfprime32

tfprime32 Banned

News Credits:
    Thanks u guys! :) 

7. TFao

TFao Well-Known Member

I think it would depend on if you can even find a yellow set A, because once they're gone, that's all folks.

8. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    While I haven't heard of any major QC complaints with the first two sets, I wouldn't rule out minor tweaks between the yellow version and the green version.

Maketoys has been pretty good about responding to customer feedback (i.e. Battle Tanker's head sucks, I don't know how to boil water WTF!!!), so it wouldn't surprise me that they would tweak the molds in the event something big does comes up.

9. Predaking000

Predaking000 Well-Known Member

Good point. Generally speaking, and especially with expensive releases like these, the more you can avoid having to beta-test a product for a company, the better. I was just talking to my brother about the new Subaru BRZ, and he mentioned that if I were thinking about buying it, I should wait a year or two for the company to work out the bugs (plus it'll probably be hard to get on the list for one the first year anyway).

The lag time between the green and yellow Giant sets isn't that much, but still, it may be enough time for the mold to be improved, if even just slightly. Plus the yellow does nothing for me. :) 

10. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yellow looks cool, but I prefer the way the green set looks.

I've been noticing lately that I don't like yellow on TFs much unless there's a tinge of orange to it.

11. Billzilla

Billzilla Skeptic

News Credits:
    Though the yellow is limited, I have a feeling you're going to have an easy time finding some folks with buyers remorse when the green one comes out. Plenty of people, I'm sure, will get/have gotten the yellow one because they simply couldn't wait. When the green one comes and they don't have the money they thought they would, Yellow Giant shows up on the trade boards.

12. TFao

TFao Well-Known Member

Yeah, I had been planning from the beginning to grab a yellow Giant and sell it off once the green version dropped. But the thing is, the red and white stripes on green Giant are making me question whether or not I will go through with it.

I may end up just sticking with the yellow version unless they change that up, or if reprolabels states their intention of making a sticker set to cover those parts up.

13. Billzilla

Billzilla Skeptic

News Credits:
    I don't care much for the stripes either.. though I'm reasonably certain this will be easily solved with rubbing alcohol.

14. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    Personally I am getting G1 Green. Did not get Herc (Too Expensive for my tastes) and these guys in green will be my Classics Constructicons