Which logo would you prefer on your Nemesis Prime?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Optimus Vader, May 17, 2010.

?

Which logo would you prefer on your Nemesis Prime?

1. Decepticon Logo

29 vote(s)
    78.4%
  2. Upside down G2 Autobot Logo

8 vote(s)
    21.6%
  1. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

Decepticon logo or upside down G2 Autobot logo?

2. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Inverted G2 Autobot logo only belongs on RID Scourge, on the Laser Rod mold, the spychanger and the Destructicon.

The evil mammoth would look good with a Unicron logo, though.

3. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

I don't know enough about Nemesis Prime. I thought "Nemesis Prime" was kind of what they referred to Scourge as in G2.

Did Nemesis Prime ever actually look like the G1 Prime?

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Definitely a Decepticon logo. The upside down G2 Autobot logo is Scourge's, who, in my books, is NOT a Nemesis Prime.

5. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

What about an upside-down G1 Autobot emblem?

Also, I disagree somewhat. Beast Wars Neo aside, Nemesis Prime more often coincides with RiD Scourge in style, and everyone often mistakes the Nucleon Quest Convoy deco as "Nemesis."

6. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

I'm open for suggestions.

I really have no clue what the "correct" logo for Nemesis Prime is.

In case anyone is wondering why I made this poll; I bought iGear's Nemesis Leader, which comes logo-less. So I'll be placing a Reprolabel order later today. Decisions, decisions.

7. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Like the others have said, upside down G2 Autobot logo really only applies to Scourge. A Decepticon logo is probably the simplest solution, or a Unicron one, depending on which mythos you subscribe to.

Question: has Takara ever actually made a character or toy that is analogous to Nemesis Prime, if not the same character or toy?

Last edited: May 17, 2010
  8. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Scourge has an upside-down G2 symbol.
    Nemesis Prime has a Decepticon symbol.
    Black Convoy has an Autobot symbol.

9. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

I'm probably the last person with a TFW account that should be answering this, but I know Hasbro made that SDCC Nemesis Prime (Classics Prime repaint), but I have no idea what Nemesis Prime actually looked like in the cartoons or comics. When I look on tfwiki I get an Alternator looking Nemesis, Scourge/RID looking Nemesis, and a Woolly Mammoth.

10. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    There was no Scourge or Nemesis Prime in G2. The name Scourge is from the G1 Unicronian character, but he had nothing to do with the later Scourge. RiD Scourge used the G2 Prime mold, but he didn't come from G2 himself, he came from the RiD series. The name Nemesis Prime was later made for the Universe Big Convoy recolor, and has since been applied to all the figures that are homages to RiD Scourge (such as Alternators and Universe II Nemesis Prime).

Since G2 Prime had G2 logos on his discs and Takara didn't want to pay to remold them, they simply decided that Scourge's logo should be the Autobot symbol, but upside down, and then they made shoulder stickers to go along with it. But, when Hasbro released the figure, they reversed that idea; they DID remold the discs, and gave him normal Decepticon stickers.

Personally, I think the upside down logos are a more interesting touch.

11. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Decepticon. The upside down G2 Autobot insignia on Black Convoy looks retarded as hell.

12. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I vastly prefer the Decepticon logo for this character, ill-defined though he may be. There's really no reason to get the upside-down logo unless you are a big fan of RiD Black Convoy and want the character to reflect him.

13. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

Aside from Armada Nemesis Prime, that's about it. Despite the popularity of the concept, Nemesis Prime has never actually been featured extensively in fiction. He's certainly never actually appeared in G1, cartoon or comics, mostly because the concept of Nemesis Prime wasn't popularized until RID Scourge.

Alternity Black Convoy, whom if you read his bio you realize is in fact the Universe mammoth Nemesis Prime.

14. 1987olds442

1987olds442 Cam Maximus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hmm good question... I think I would have to go with a Decepticon Logo. After pondering on it for a moment I can only see the Upside-down G2 Autobot logo working on Car Robots Black Convoy :) 

15. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Which I am. I love that while he and Baldigus worked for Gigatron, they embraced their origin as evil Cybertrons. Then again, would you want that Pred emblem? :lol 

16. 1987olds442

1987olds442 Cam Maximus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well he wasn't popularized here until RID Scourge, but I do believe it started in Japan with Beast Wars II's Black Lio Convoy.

17. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

Good info. Thanks.

18. metrotitan

metrotitan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd have to go with a decepticon symbol. I have no idea what all of this upside down G2 autobot stuff is....lol.

19. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    anything that's not in red color

20. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    In the Car Robots cartoon, which was later dubbed as Robots in Disguise, the Bruticus and Laser Prime repaints were brought into the show as Anti-Cybertrons. Gigatron used Cybertron (Autobot) protoforms to create those soldiers, but first corrupted them, sort of in the way Megatron corruped protoforms in Beast Wars.

The result was evil Cybertrons, who denoted their status by wearing a symbol which was the G2 Autobot emblem turned upside down. Black Convoy (Scourge), their commander, was actually created when Gigatron scanned both a tanker truck and Convoy (Optimus Prime) by mistake when Convoy tried to interfere with the creation of the Anti-Cybertrons.