Which KO would YOU like to see next?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by agesthreeandup, Sep 29, 2007.

1. agesthreeandup

agesthreeandup Energon Supplier

News Credits:
    I have been discussing this at length with my rep and both of us have several ideas but I guess it is a good idea to take this to the fans. If there are certain things that you would like to see done, what would those things be? I am not saying that this will be the difinative list but with some proding, I think we can point out a good direction.

Just an FYI, I am attempting to have the copywrite info removed from the figures entirely. We are not on the same page with everything but I think some progress can be made.

Spencer.

2. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

I think Ko's should be distinctive, so that people dont get ripped off.
    Howabout Black Zarak?

3. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    More Sideswipes and Primes, so I could get them cheaper. :D 

4. knockoff

knockoff Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i think it'd be great to see:

1) oversized G1 style bruticus in oversized giftset box. (i would cry if this happened, LOL)

2) oversized G1 devastator in oversized giftset box. (i would cry here as well)

3) all the dinobots in both G1 and diaclone colors (if one oversized these.. hmm.. a change of pants would be required)

4) any G1 transformer oversized (YAY)

5) diakron variants colored TFs

6) ALL THE GUN GUYS!!! magnum and browning! plz... plz...

^_^

- ko

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Here's my list from most to least important :thumb .

-Omega Supreme
    -Mini-Omega Supreme
    -Omega Suprime- in Sentinel colors
    -Mini-Omega Supreme- in Sentinel colors
    -Shockwave
    -Mini-Shockwave
    -Jetfire
    -Mini-Jetfire

I'm not sure how possible the mini versions would be, but, it would be cool :D .

6. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Jetfire would be too much of a risk because Bandai still has the 1/55 Valk. Hasbro doesn't care, but what if Bandai does?

I'd like to see:
    Grimlock
    Metroplex
    Victory Saber
    Liokaiser
    Reflector

7. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    What's with the oversize obsession?

Anyway, I assume you mean the KO's that are being done like Swoop, Mirage, Wheeljack, Sunstreaker etc. Here's my list (with reasoning!):

The Must Do's:

SHOCKWAVE - One of the most sought after TF molds in existence, he will probably never be reissued and is guaranteed to sell extremely well. If the electronics are an issue than they could probably be dropped without any trouble.

REFLECTOR - Another very desirable and rare Transformer, this one has the added bonus of never getting a "proper" US boxed release. Would sell super well especially due to all the easy to lose accessories.

OVERLORD - Again another insanely wanted TF with many easy to lose accessories with no sign of a reissue. Notice a trend here? All of these guys are very expensive so people would be more willing to pay the fairly expensive KO price as it is relatively cheap compared to getting an original.

The Maybe's

OMEGA SUPREME - Possibly too large, complex and expensive to do (although they are doing Metroplex right?). He is very wanted and does have easy to lose parts (damn those yellow clips) - however the walking mechanism may be to difficult and costly to reproduce? I'm not really an expert.

FORTRESS MAXIMUS - Ok, kind of a long shot. I'm guessing way too expensive to ever be a good idea, but many people would want one.

TARGETMASTER CYCLONUS AND SCOURGE - Fairly sought after, would probably sell well.

TYRPTICON AND SCORPONOK - More bases, bases are always popular and always have way too many tiny little accessories. If they're doing Metroplex than Scorponok isn't too much of a stretch.

BW RATTRAP - A strange choice, yes? The original run of Rattrap is pretty hard to find especially with his gun. We've been told the mold is missing and he routinely goes for $40+ on Ebay. I'm not sure if these guys would be interested in doing non G1 toys, but I think he's a winner.

And just because it's worth trying...

BW RAVAGE - You know, the Japanese one. I can dream, right?

8. Wingsbr

Wingsbr Christian TF Fan :)

News Credits:
    I saw a KO rattrap at Big Lots today. He was the original beast form and I think that's what you are referring to...

9. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Liokaiser
    Overlord
    Browning
    Reflector
    Dino Cassettes
    Deszaras

10. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    none unless there is for sure a way to make sure people stop getting ripped off!

11. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Shockwave!

12. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    QFT

13. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Shockwave, even if it didn't have electronics.
    Omega Supreme.
    Diaclone color Ultra Magnus.
    Classics Thundercracker.

14. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

-Magnum - ok, its a Microman toy, but its awesome and I want it. Bonus points if it comes in a G1 looking package.

-Blue Bluestreak - I would be VERY interested to see one of these.

-Wheeljack - Thanks for not offering us a reissue Has/Tak!

-Toys in pre tf colors - I like a lot of those older color schemes.

-Reflector - Once again, still no reissue from Has/Tak.

Also, I must say that Im glad to see new "G1" toys for sale. I grew up with G2 so Hasbro has screwed me out of getting MISB versions of these toys/characters for many many years. :thumb 

15. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Since Sunstreaker is already being done, go for the obvious red, then tweak the roof and do the police version. The former is hard enough to get a hold of in adequate shape, the latter nigh impossible.

While there's no point in doing the regular or even anime version really, I doubt you'd have a hard time getting rid of a pile o' blue Bluestreaks. That would look sweet in the box since he'd finally match the damn pic. And, between the box and the sticker sheet, there's virtually no way it could be confused with the real thing. I suppose to get more mileage out of it, you could do that funky Bluestreak-mold-as-Smokescreen version that I forget the story behind. I'd buy a couple of both.

16. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    SHOCKWAVE is an absolute must. I'll buy two, guaranteed.

Magnum and Browning wuld be pretty damned sweet, too.

17. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    magnum
    browning
    overlord
    trypticon
    skorponok
    omega supreme
    dino-cassettes
    rest of dinobots
    wheeljack
    (not mentioning shockwave as I understand its already in the works)
    Raiden

18. Chaos Convoy

Chaos Convoy Dai Gurren-Dan member

News Credits:
    Trailbreaker would be nice. Thrust too, since he was the only one to get the shaft with the recent Hasbro reissues. Browning would be good as well, despite there already being KOs of it. Maybe Bumper/Bumblejumper too?

They're planning on making the rest of the Dinobots, right? And the rest of the non-combiner cassettes? And with Wheeljack and Sunstreaker down the road, I can really think of anything else other than a Marlboor Wheeljack and red/police Sunstreaker. I can live without the red or police Sunstreakers, but Marlboor-jack would be much appreciated. Even if he didn't have the remolded head. Maybe wheeljaxx could whip up a couple repro copies of his copy. Maybe Metalhawk? I wouldn't mind owning that.

As for bigger molds, I dunno what to suggest. A different company is going to be making Shockwave, Sky Lynx and Metroplex, no? Nothing else springs to mind. Maybe the Big Powered trio. Anything bigger than those and the price would be defeating the purpose of making them in the first place.

19. joopsta

joopsta Masterpiece, Encore and 3P collector

News Credits:
    @agesthreeandup: I assume these guys make the boxes like the devastator box as well? I'd like to see more boxes with inserts. Like Starscream, Skywarp and Thundercracker. And all the giftset boxes like Defensor, Menasor etc.
    And for the KO toys: Like to see Jazz and the constructicons on individual cards.
    As well as some more cassettes like eject and ramhorn, slugfest and overkill.
    That'd make my day!!!
    And my personal opinion is: Stay with the 1984-1986 TF's, these are the most desirable pieces.

20. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Superb idea on the removal of the copyright info Spencer; that would be a great help in identifying the KOs. Some kind of identifying mark on the boxes would be a damn good idea too, if that can be done.
    As for what I would like to see made:
    -Reflector
    -Omega Supreme
    -Omnibots (they would look SO good in G1 boxes)
    -Shockwave
    oh, and
    HELL YES PLEASE.