Which Is Your Favourite TF Cartoon Continuity

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by SeanTF1967, Feb 22, 2015.

?

What Is Your Favourite TF Cartoon Continuity?

1. Generation 1 (G1,BW,BM)/Primax

61.7%
  2. Robots In Disguise/Viron

7.0%
  3. Unicron Trilogy (Armada,Energon,Cybertron)/Aurex

12.2%
  4. Animated/Malgus

41.7%
  5. Aligned (Prime,RB,RID)

28.7%
  6. Bayformers (Live Action)/Tyran

13.0%
  7. Go-Bots/Yayayarst

1.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Veritas Prime

Veritas Prime You're Not Alone

News Credits:
    Aligned

2. deymasc

deymasc Well-Known Member

It's Gen 1 for me of course! Beast Wars still remains the top show for me.

3. Slimshadow457

Slimshadow457 Well-Known Member

Either Aligned or U-trilogy. While U-trilogy has no consistency between the various series in the english dub, I still like seeing the evolution of the designs of each character in that the most. Aligned isn't very aligned, and I wish they wouldn't pretend WfC/FoC are in it, but yeah! I like it a lot.

4. AlexaStar

AlexaStar Starscream is love

Armada is my favorite Transformers series (with Animated being a close second), but I don't feel right placing my vote here since Cybertron is shoehorned in with Armada and Energon (even if the latter is a terrible show with very few good qualities). Cybertron is good on its own merits, but it's not a part of the storyline set forth in Armada/Energon, Hasbro's "official" continuity be damned.

I guess technically my favorite universe would be Aurex, but Cybertron is not included in it.

5. Warpshard

Warpshard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I voted for the Movies since I really like some of the toys, but as an actual continuity, I really liked the Aligned Continuity, since everything fits into place. I mean, it's the very first instance of every member of the 13 being known, and it seems that they are even going to be featured in the new RiD Cartoon!

Plus, all of the best things (which is my opinion) from previous continuities have been brought in to the Aligned Universe, like the Omega Lock, the Enigma of Combination, & the Star Saber. It's more fanwank than legitimate references, but it's glorious fanwank.

6. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    That's weird, because what I don't like about Aligned is that nothing fits together.

7. Warpshard

Warpshard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When I say that, it's not so much that everything in the actual story makes sense, so much that it kind of explains a lot of the things created in previous continuities, like the Enigma of Combination, Star Saber, Requiem Blaster, & Omega Lock. It explains where they came from, who created them, & who they were intended for.

In retrospect, it seems odd that a weapon of such immense power like the Star Saber or Requiem Blaster were transformed into Mini-cons which, in turn, were stored in little chips on the moon & Earth. It wasn't explained, but Aligned at least makes an attempt to explain some of the oddities of previous continuities.

8. Peter Welker

Peter Welker Vector Sigma

TF-the-lost-seasons

G1 will always be my favorite cartoon continuity.
    The G1 cartoon continuity has so many MYSTERIES. I love that!:) 

What did the Autobots and Decepticons do between 1985 and 2005.
    I am very grateful to tf-the-lost-seasons that I can read about stories set between 1985 and 2005.

What did the Autobots like Elita One and her troops and Decepticons like Shockwave DO during the 4 million years Optimus Prime and his troops and Megatron and his troops were deactivated inside a volcano on Earth.

The Combaticons had been renegade Decepticons. What did they do and how did they end up imprisoned?

Where did the Protectobots come from?

Optimus Prime had the autobot matrix of leadership inside his chest in 2005. Where was it before 2005 and who gave it when to Optimus? My personal theory is that, before he departed Cybertron, Prime entrusted the matrix to Ultra Magnus. Magnus must have given it back between 1985 and 2005.

Who was Dion reformatted into? I'm guessing Ultra Magnus

Who created Megatron? Was it the Constructicons or look-a-likes?

How did the Constructicons end up on earth? They were on Cybertron with Omega Supreme.

What do Cyclonus and Scourge still remember from their lives as Skywarp and Thundercracker? I would also LOVE to see a story where, like Dr. Octopus lived Peter Parker's life while in Peter's body, Skywarp and Thundercracker's personalities returned and got to live Cyclonus' and Scourge's life.

What happened to human supporting characters like Chip Chase, Sparkplug, Raoul and Astoria between 1985 and 2005? tf-the-lost-seasons has, to me, some GREAT answers to those mysteries.

Where did the Autobots get the personality components for the 5 Dinobots?
    Were the Dinobots members of the crew of the Ark and were their personality components taken from their original bodies?

Who were the Insecticons before their idento-computers gave them the ability to transform into insects as a means of disguise? Why were they left behind on the Nemesis?

What happened to Elita One and her troops between 1985 and 2005? tf-the-lost-seasons has, to me, some GREAT answers to this mystery

9. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 Also known as Cheese House

News Credits:
    "Primax" as it is known, is my favorate.

"Malgus" was too kiddy and aligned was too dark and Emo.

10. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    Got to admit, when the Bayverse is properly ordered I do like it.

11. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 Also known as Cheese House

News Credits:
    I like it, but I do not consider AoE to be a part of it.

12. Stryker055

Stryker055 Trying my best here!

Ebay:
    Hahaha, good one.

Animated for me. I love pretty much everything about that universe, and it sucks that we probably won't be seeing it again for a while outside of the occasional TFCC blurb.

13. Galvatross

Galvatross Dom Dom, Yes Yes Veteran

As a cartoon universe I like G1 because it's the most expansive and has the most offshoots. Along with the toy bios and Marvel comics it also introduced a lot of concepts.

This makes zero sense. It's clearly a part of the same universe as the previous films. Having said that, other than some online cartoons I wouldn't consider the films to be a cartoon universe.

14. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    I see it as WFC and FOC are brothers and they have a cousin called Prime who's daughter is RID 2015.

Because they all have similar traits.

Whaaaa? In order, AOE fits before everything.

Agreed.

15. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

Animated for me. Love me some Animated. G1 is a very, very close, nipping-at-its-heels second. Or sometimes first. Kinda varies day to day.

Aligned was a good idea that was handled terribly, and now should probably be put out of its misery...

Last edited: Feb 24, 2015
  16. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Very good points actually. It was my childhood so it still has the place in my heart and all of those things were great.

17. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    G1, although I'm not fan of how the series was concluded in Beast Machines. Would love a do-over, starting post Rebirth.

18. Lucas35

Lucas35 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I chose G1, Animated, Bayverse and Aligned.

The name of universal stream Aligned is Uniend.

And there are still other continuities as:

Cymond—the continuity family of various TakaraTomy non-Transformers franchises, right on the border between the Multiverse and the wider Megaverse.
    Gargent—the GoBots continuity family, home to the Guardians and Renegades of Gobotron.
    Xobitor—the Robotix continuity family, home to the Protectons and Terrakors of Skalorr.

19. BumblebeeFan71

BumblebeeFan71 Loyal Starscream Follower

YouTube (Legacy):
    Animated since it was my childhood.

Aligned because I love the characters and storylines.

G1 because... well I don't know actually. I guess it's because while it may be cheesy and have weird plotlines, it's still enjoyable to watch.

20. MrAngry

MrAngry Proud to be Geek!

I grew up on G1. I love the original show to death, but it didnt really get a stable story until 3rd season and the movie. Even then, its not real solid.

After jumping back in and working my way through most everything (finally working on Cybertron now), I'll have to say Prime has been the closest. I really dig that storyline.