Which is your favorite Shockwave?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Lord Shockwave7, Dec 18, 2010.

?

Which is your favorite Shockwave?

1. G1 (loyal cartoon one)

26 vote(s)
    24.3%
  2. Energon (Shockblast)

5 vote(s)
    4.7%
  3. Cybertron (Minicon)

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  4. Movieverse

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  5. Transtech (the morally ambiguous one)

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  6. Animated (Secret Agent)

34 vote(s)
    31.8%
  7. Marvel Comics

31 vote(s)
    29.0%
  8. Dreamwave Comics

2 vote(s)
    1.9%
  9. IDW Comics

4 vote(s)
    3.7%
  10. OTHER

2 vote(s)
    1.9%
  1. Lord Shockwave7

Lord Shockwave7 Xbox Live Dictator

I'm not trying to copy Hulk with the whole "Favorite" thing, but i just want to know.

Shockwave is the mad scientist of the decepticons and is a dangerous one. So which is your favorite and why?

2. Lord Shockwave7

Mine is Animated because this one gets the most TV story behind him

I was a fan of him berfore, but I went crazy when i found out that the Double agent on cybertron was non other than Shockwave

3. kaos

kaos the original thirteen

HOS for me...really dug that series as a whole..

4. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    in the Marvel comics, the G1 Shockwave was brutal.
    and still looks cold, ruthless and terrifying.
    (see the cover to issue #5).

but i also like HOS Shockwave.

5. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Just curious, but why didn't you get a mod to add a poll for you (I guess that's possible) rather than starting another thread on the same topic when there's a current one already 4+ pages long?

I also have to question some of the items in the poll.

Cybertron Minicon? Seriously? Who would vote for that, except as a joke?

And Movieverse Shockwave has yet to happen...well, outside of the video games anyway. I don't think you can technically call it "Movieverse" until he's actually appeared in a movie. (Sorry, a newspaper image cameo that you can't see without freeze-frame doesn't count.)

6. Lord Shockwave7

I didn't expect to get the most thread views ever, but the doesn't mean i don't have the right to ask.

You didn't even tell us which is your favorite, and if you don't have one then don't post criticisms on the thread. thats trolling

7. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    One of the comic personalities for sure. Probably the Marvel G1, though Dreamwave was kind of cool as well. IDW's seems to be kind of flat, like he's there but I honestly could not tell you much about his personality beyond what the other two series did.

And seriously, does having two topics on the same subject really cause that much trouble? I can understand when it's news or feedback and you want it all in one place, but general discussion?

Last edited: Dec 19, 2010
  8. Matrixbeast

Matrixbeast Here comes a thought

Ebay:
    Toss up between the powerful, cold, and paranoid Marvel Shockwave and the completely badass Animated Shockwave.

9. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    I voted Animated.

Same level of intelligence as the G1 cartoon and even part of the G1 comic, but with a twist because he's a double-agent. Found that part brilliant.

10. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    Animated Shockwave. He's just as ruthless, cold and intelligent as any other Shockwave, but he infiltrated the Autobots for years, and was able to kill Blurr, Ultra Magnus (according to the Almanac II), Highbrow, and was able to cripple Cybertron's communications, brought Omega to Megatron, and was dubbed by Megatron his "most loyal servant."

While I love G1 Shockwave and Prime Shockwave's been good in the few seconds we got him, Animated Shockwave wins because of the fact he had less appearances then G1, but did a helluva lot more for the story in his short time.

However, I love Prime Shockwave's design.

11. Lord Shockwave7

12. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

I take exception with your classification of "G1 Shockwave" being the Cartoon version.

Marvel, Dreamwave and IDW Shockwave are ALL pretty much "G1 Shockwave", with no really significant differences from each other, in that they all directly reference his original G1 Tech Spec. THAT is G1 Shockwave.

The ineffectual sycophant from the G1 cartoon is the aberration, the one who gets it wrong, so to speak.

NERD RAGE!!! :lol 

But seriously, G1 Specs/Marvel/DW/IDW Shockwave is my favourite... with Animated getting an honourable mention. He's great, but the reason he's great is because he's also such a loving nod to the original.

If I was pressed, I'd say Marvel, just because he handed all 5 Dinobots their collective tails at once! :) 

zmog

13. Lord Shockwave7

They are pretty much the same, but i made them seperate because they al are different in some way.

Cartoon: totaly loyal
    Marvel: betrayed megs
    IDW and Dreamwave were similer but non of these guys are in the same universe, just different versions of the G1 universe

14. Shockwave 75

Shockwave 75 Master of the Rules.

Marvel Shockwave all the way!

Ani Shocky is cool, and he may have done more stuff than G1 toon Shocky, but he's still just as groveling.

15. Lord Shockwave7

oh yeah. Issue 5 and 6 alone is enough to get him on a list

16. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Eh, not to be rude, but you asked twice...in two threads...posted 2 days apart from each other.

How is it "trolling" to ask why you started another thread on the same topic in the same week? Or to question your poll choices with the examples I gave? Also, I posted my favorite in your previous thread. I didn't want to repeat myself. That would be silly and pointless.

I realize Shockwave is your namesake, but seriously, dude...2 identical threads in the same week? The only difference is you added a poll. You even opened both threads with the same statement, although I'll grant you at least described Shockwave differently in the first one.

But I'm still trying to figure out where you get the "mad scientist of the Decepticons" thing. Would you mind elaborating on how you came to that description?

My inner nerd disagrees with G1 Marvel Shockwave being portrayed as a "traitor."

When Shockwave arrived in the comic series, he defeated the Autobots in a single blast -- while they were still celebrating having just defeated the Decepticons. He assumed command because it was the logical thing to do -- he deemed Megatron a failure and unfit for command. Soon, Megatron challenged him and Shockwave beat him to a pulp, and dropped him in a crumpled heap in front of his own troops demanding loyalty from all.

It wasn't until sometime later that he relinquished command to Megatron because an illogical decision on his part led to a Decepticon force getting squashed by Omega Supreme.

Shockwave never "betrayed" Megatron -- he was simply following the nature of his programming.

17. Lord Shockwave7

i apalogize. I never posted that thread though I specificly remember typing that thread but getting kicked off the computer before i even clicked "Post" so i dont know why its even on the threads. I never looked for it or saw it before today because i never even posted it. Plus the link you showed me looks just like this thread so i thought it was faulty. So my mistake.

18. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    S'okay. Understood. Thanks for explaining. You could ask a mod to merge that thread with this one since this one has the poll.

Also, I was editing my post as you replied to it. I would like to hear your explanation for describing Shockwave as a "mad scientist."

19. Prime's Pappa

Prime's Pappa Animated Forever

ATF Shockwave is the best because the character was very created along with a toy that would coincide with the secret agent concept was amazing

20. Lord Shockwave7

Well he was known for not being "mad" but the experiments he did were cruel and unorthadox. Like in Marvel, he hung Autobots from the ceiling for parts. (the pic was a bit creepy).

TO ANY MODS:
    I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE THIS THREAD MERGED WITH THIS ONE.