Which is the definitive G1 DVD collection?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by BrooklynPrime86, Aug 26, 2009.

1. BrooklynPrime86

BrooklynPrime86 Member

Before Shout! Factory released the Matrix of Leadership Box Set, most G1 diehards would have considered the Metrodome Complete Collection the pinnacle of all G1 dvd releases. What I want to know if this is still the case?

I have held this question back for a while untill more people have had a chance to purchase the Shout! Factory Matrix of Leadership and watch the episodes all the way through. If you think that there is a an even better set out there, then go ahead and make your case!!!

2. davidshirt

davidshirt Active Member

I'm liking the Shout Factory release more as I watch it. I've had the Metrodome set for a year and it was good.. But the sound quality and color appears to be better on the Shout Factory release and also they fixed a lot of errors. I haven't watched much of season 3 but I read that shout factory didn't use the five seperate intros for the Five Faces of Darkness episodes though.

But kudos to Metrodome for releasing the Headmasters, Masterforce and Victory sets though.

3. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    The Chinese G1 box set had a long-standing thread here with many recommendations before the Shout Factory set was released.

The Metrodome set didn't even get as much recommendation since it wasn't a US Region 1 release, which appears to be where the larger percentage of TF fans are located.

4. davidshirt

davidshirt Active Member

Ah, I remember seeing the Chinese Boxset a few years ago. I ended up getting the Metrodome Set because I found it on the UK Amazon site for 50 dollars and I have a region free DVD player so I figured "Why Not?"

5. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    Rhino! :drunk