Which Is More Human: Transformers Or Gobots?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Spunky, Dec 31, 2010.

1. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

The Transformers just seem to be getting more and more human everyday with them having genders, mustaches, and beards. Though I don't know much about the Gobots, they never seemed that human. For those who know more, which is the most human?

Also, when the hell is the Nostalgia Critic going to make fun of the Gobots? Is he saving that for the grand finale or what?

2. MACRAPTRON

MACRAPTRON Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Who the hell is nostalgia cricket?

3. weeklyhero

weeklyhero Prototytan

Technically the Gobots are more human since they have actual brains. They're more cyborgs than robots, I guess.

4. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

That Guy With The Glasses

You should see his recent Christmas special. I laughed so hard. He has the funniest reviews. You should see how he butchered "Battlefield Earth". Nostalgia Chick is pretty funny too.

5. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

In that respect, true. In other respects, I don't know. I don't think they have actual genders. From my vague memories of the cartoon, the females looked just like the males only with higher pitched voices.

6. cosmos360

cosmos360 Not a door bell

I remember an episode of Gobots where this one Guardian sticks his tongue (a human tongue) out to a renegade. Gobots are definitely more human than Transformers.

7. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

If I remember anything from the cartoons, the Gobots faces had more human-appearance than Transformers did.
    Plus I think their transformations looked more organic then mechanical too.

8. weeklyhero

weeklyhero Prototytan

Can you say Transformers have real genders either? They may have smaller, slimmer bodies, but it's not like they have other female.... man, I don't want to get into this, do I?

9. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Well, Crasher had a lipstick paintjob and a metal Natasha haircut.

But there are plenty of female transformers that aren't really feminine, either, like Manta Ray and Sonar from Beast Wars, Minicon Cliffjumper and Ironhide, etc.

10. Jasbraman

Jasbraman Eats Igyaks for breakfast

Transformers aren't human. Therefore a parallel cannot be drawn between gobots and Transformers as to which is "More Human". Because neither of them are.

Which is better? Well Transformers, clearly.

11. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    well, both...ehobby had redone decos based on gobot homages...pathfinder was supposed to be a organic cyborgic type of robot...blue pathfinder redeco/ repaint of cosmos...

as far as surface features...hands down transformers...although i always loved cy-kill's hooked hands look....reminded me of pirates for some reason

12. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    Gobots are usually known as the ones with odd body proportions and cockpit or tank turret etc. for a head ( especially the Super Gobots )

The Gobots cartoon might have featured some more well rounded humanoid faces on some Gobots, but the Transformers have always conveyed a more human characterization ; both in terms of persona and proportions.

This is especially true for post 1985 Transformers, because they phased out the Microman & Diaclone designs. So, imo... Japanese designs = more alien robot design style. American designs = more humanoid robot design style.

13. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Ah, yes, all aspects that have been around since G1. There's even an episode where both facial hair AND female robots make an appearance before TFTM:

The Search for Alpha Trion - Transformers Wiki

Well, Gobots never were full robots to begin with. They were organic beings that had brains (wether or not they were humanoid is never stated I don't think) who became cyborgs that could turn into vehicles, kinda like some *masters in the later G1 line I think.

And as for the NC, he may have his reasons. To be honest, it would make more sense for hm to bash the old Transformers cartoon, since we all know how laughably bad parts of it are in comparison to today's Transformers cartoons and it is FAR more known than Go-bots.

14. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    The winner is the original Machine Robo (as seen in Revenge of Chronos).

Not only did that show treat the robots like it would humans (Jet Robo has a love interest and wears shades), but there's a whole tribe of "Machine Robo" who are basically human (the main characters), also for the sequel everyone reincarnates as humans.

As for the US Gobots, I've no idea. I've no proper memories of the show save that the characters seemed like campier copies of the Transformers. They tended to be more exaggerated in their personalities than a Transformer with the same personality would be. That though may be an answer - the Gobots would have been more human, because they exaggerated those same human qualities that were also present in Transformers...

15. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    Transformers were more human in one episode when they became human. But generally Gobots had more humanoid emotions, to me anyways

16. Driftx3

Driftx3 lord of all things robot

Gobots are actual humanoids who destroyed their bodys and installed their brains into huge mechanoid bodies, so they are more human. A Gobot was a male or female before it was a cyborg, therefore, they have true genders.

Cloudburst specifically stated in the USA Marvel comics that transformers do not have actual genders. However, Transformers from the end of Beast Machines are supposed to be full transorganics, and possess reproductive ability, so those would be true genders as well.

So since both Gobots and Transformers uses Humanoid mechanoid forms, they both would be considered humanoid. But as to which is actually more "human" that would be a Gobot.

17. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Gobots were cyborgs, so technically they are more human than average Transformers, and I guess slightly more human than ____________-Master transformers.

18. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For being from an alien world, the Gobots looked exactly like humans before they became cyborgs. Check out the Last Engineer and Master Renegade to see for yourself.

A Gobots Live Action Movie | Article

19. jasonmako

jasonmako Voyager

News Credits:
    Transformers as in toys are more articulated. That makes them more than meets the eye. Its all trickery I tell you.