Which is better?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by masterjetfire, Jan 31, 2009.

1. masterjetfire

masterjetfire Well-Known Member

Ok, im new to this whole transformers thing, but hey i only started when I saw 2007 movie..... cut me some slack guys.

So is Takara toys better then hasbro toys??? Beasause im thinking of buying a henki Jetfire/ Skyfire?

2. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Short answer: no.
    Long answer: noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.*

Takara is not better than Hasbro, they're just the Japanese versions. If you like the colour scheme of one version more than the other, buy it. But you won't be getting a "better" toy.

*That joke copyright Benjamin "Yahtzee" Sebastian Godzilla Croshaw.

3. masterjetfire

So its basicly the same figure, but different color scheme?

4. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Some like Takara's versions better, for a variety of reasons. You have to look at whichever figure you're thinking about, compare the Takara vs. Hasbro versions, and go from there. I don't think it's universal in either direction as to whether Takara is better than Hasbro or vice versa.

Me, I'm split. As for your Jetfire leanings, I actually picked up the Hasbro version. I like the paint job on that one better. For Classics figures I have mostly Henkeis (Takara), but for some of the original Classics releases I prefer Hasbro's versions (Starscream, Ramjet, Jetfire, Grimlock). And that's just for the Classics line.

In the end, to each their own.

5. Lbsammills51

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Basically, yes. For reissues, Hasbro's Commemorative Series had the springs taken out of the weapons, while Takara's maintained the springs. There are also a few differences with Hasbro's Prime reissue and Takara's two reissues (shorter smokestacks, no blue axe, a bit different coloring). But generally speaking, yes it's the same mold.

6. masterjetfire

I think ill buy the henkei Jetfire, then at botcon I'll buy Hasbro, How much do you think is a good deal for them? henkei and Hasbro???

7. Lbsammills51

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ummm...I'd say $30ish for Henkei Jetfire and $30-40ish for Hasbro? I'm just guessing. I usually see the Henkei in the $30s, and I paid $40-something for my Hasbro one. BBTS has their Jetfire/Grimlock twopack for $45 I think right now; two for the price of one, even if you don't want Grimlock.

8. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Witches are better. :lol 

9. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    lol ^^
    anyway, to answer ur question, u definitely cannot say that henkei is better than hasbro.. it depends mainly on which color scheme u like, and if u like certain chrome apps on ur figures.. coz every henkei figure has some sort of chrome on it.. so before u buy any figure, take a look at both versions and see which one u like better. henkei usually go for more G1 cartoon accurate paint apps, so if thats wat u dig, then go for henkei.. for me, personally, from the classics 1.0 line, i loved all the henkei versions except grimlock. from the universe/classics 2.0 line, ive got all hasbro versions except hound..
    to answer ur skyfire/jetfire question, i prefer the cartoon accuracy of the henkei.. i dunno, i just like it better.. so its really up to u, neither can be called better

10. jfhiga

jfhiga Well-Known Member

Which witch are you talking about? The Wicked Witch of the West or the Good Witch of the North?

Just jokin'

Takara or Hasbro, it's up to you to decide. As many said before, the main factor is the color scheme and preference for chromed parts.

11. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Glenda the good witch clearly has better QC. :) 

12. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    I dislike the fact that henkei chromes different parts for what seems to me no reason. For example the taillights on ironhide...why? why?

13. Goaliebot

Goaliebot All Makes and Models

News Credits:
    Witchaloks are better than regular witches.

14. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits: