Which is better: mint without stickers or not mint with stickers

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by rid, Aug 25, 2007.

1. rid

rid Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

I have a fair G1 collection with quite a few duplicates that I want to get rid of. Now that I come to choosing which to get rid of, I find myself in a dilemma. Let's say you have 2 same G1 toys which of the following would your prefer (which one should I keep):

1. One with perfect/mint plastic but missing almost all of the stickers (visually flawless except for stickers)

2. The other one is in good condition (some plastic dents and chips) but has all the stickers (although stickers are used and worn).

I tend to favor the mint toys and get the reprolabels. Except it's not such a cool idea if it's a combiners. In that case, the others have G1 stickers and one or two of the combiners have reprolabels. Such is the case for my Hot Spot and Scattershot...:( 

What's your thought on this?...

2. Hoolagrin

Hoolagrin Wheelie Rules! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I personally prefer mint w/ no stickers. In fact, when I get a new TF, usually I clean it and repro it anyway.

3. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

IMO, keep mint w/o stickers, and just get replacement stickers

4. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    mint toys and get the reprolabels, for combiners redo all of the bots with new stickers

5. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I would get the mint one without the stickers, especially if there is a set of Reprolabels available for them. I've done that with a lot of G1 TFs, and they all look wonderful now.
    In my experience, the Reprolabels combiner sticker sets are ansolutely top notch. My G1 Devastator, Menasor, Bruticus and Defensor are all Reprolabelled, and they look stunning. My Superion will be as well, as soon as I have the spare money to get them.