Which is better: Marvel Legends or Marvel Universe?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Megabattimus, May 20, 2012.

?

Which is better: Marvel Universe or Marvel Legends?

1. Marvel Legends

20 vote(s)
    62.5%
  2. Marvel Universe

3 vote(s)
    9.4%
  3. Both are great

9 vote(s)
    28.1%
  1. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I'm interested in getting into one of the Marvel toylines, but I have no idea which one to get into. So, I figured I'd ask people that aren't noobs and have been collecting these lines for a while, which one is better so I know which one I should be spending my money on.

2. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Legends. More expensive, but better in every regard. You might have problems tracking down some of the figures, though, but the same could be said for Universe as well.

3. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yeah, I'm a big Legends fan. That's not to say that I haven't bought a good deal of Universe as they're both nice. BUT, Legends are just nicer all the way around I think. Also, like Haloid said, there's hard to find figures in both lines so that's really a mute arguement.

Also, for myself, I'm not a huge fan of the 3" scale of GI Joes or MU. 6" is the way to go for action figures as far as I'm concerned.

4. An Army of Bees

An Army of Bees WTF@TFW Podcast Editor Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Legends, by far. While I love some of the MU toys (Such as Bleeding Edge Iron Man) the legends are a better bang for your buck.

5. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Legends.

Keep supporting Universe until they release Death's Head, though.

6. Sky Ray

Sky Ray Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like both. For MU, I enjoy the wider range of figures that haven't been made yet in ML and the small scale allows me to crossover with other lines; G.I. Joe, Transformers. For ML, I enjoy the large scale that comes with more attention to detail that small scale cannot do, and I can crossover with DCUC, which I cannot do with the horrible 3.75 inch DCIH line.

7. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Legends, easily. Don't get me wrong I have fun collecting MU and they're far less expensive, but when it comes to quality not quantity MLs take the cake.

8. xion14

xion14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I's be more supportive of Legends if they restocked as much as Universe. MU is worth the 8$ to me, but 16$ just doesn't feel right. I guess it's because they've gone up in price higher than MU has over time. I'd say both are great for what scales they go for.

9. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

Used to be Legends, then Toybiz no longer makes it and it became so difficult to find that I stopped collecting the line altogether. Still want some of the figs like Rachel and Hope Summers but I can do without them in my collection.

10. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    As a huge collector of both MU and ML, I'd say Legends.

The quality on Hasbro's new wave of ML, including the Avengers ML figures, is amazing. They are really knocking it out of the park here.

However, I've noticed the quality of MU has taken a nosedive lately. Legs pop off a lot easier, a lot of paint issues, that sort of thing.

11. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

It really depends on how much you are willing to spend.

Nothing against the Universe figures because most of them are great,but obviously the Legends figures are far superior to the Universe figures.Then you have to factor in the fact that you can roughly get two Universe figures for the same price as one Legends figure.

I collect both lines,but I'm far more selective on which figures I get with the Legends line based solely on the higher price.

12. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

Gotta go with Universe, simply because that's the scale I collect. I do need to get my hands on a Legends Hulk, for kitbashing purposes. I want to make a minotaur, and it absolutely has to dwarf my werewolf.

13. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    I'm a old school ML collector and was dismayed when one was cancelled just to see rather expensive smaller versions of character I already have come out. I have a few MU figures but those are characters or scults I really like.

14. Geof7609

Geof7609 Brake Pioneer

I'm actually more of a fan of the 3.75" scale in general, and I do love both lines. But I have to give Legends the vote simply because so many of the Universe figures have VERY loose joints, to the point where they literally flop around. The new Legends Bucky Cap is pretty much everything I want in a figure, particularly the ratcheted joints.

15. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Oh yeah, there is no way I am passing up Death's Head.

Anyways, I'm probably going to go full-on with Legends and just pick and choose Universe figures. Thanks for the help.

16. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Marvel Legends. Some of the sculpts are really amazing. For example, Toy Biz's Face-off Hulk and Capt. America. We had gems like the Abomination, Loki too. I must admit Hasbro's sculpt on the ML line has improved since they first took over the line.

The best part about ML? They're in scale with alot of other 6 inch toy lines such as DC Universe, SOTA Street Fighter etc.

17. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Toybiz's Marvel Legends was probably one of the greatest toy lines ever.

18. deceptifocus

deceptifocus *Supercharged*

Ebay:
    Legends, theres a cool little MU fig here and there i pick up for alittle shelf with the Joes but

LEGENDS

19. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I really missed them. They had BAF and renditions of characters I thought I would never see such as Galactus, Abomination, Loki, War Machine etc.