Which Ironhide would you like to see?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by bonus2003, Jul 15, 2011.

1. bonus2003

bonus2003 Well-Known Member

I am going to be taking on doing a custom Ironhide using the movie Ironhide figure. My question is would you rather see a classic configuration of ironhide (ie.. red paint job with G1 head) or a movie acurate Ironhide (gloss black pain job, but acurate details and weapons). I might think about selling this one as I have about 4 Ironhide figures, so what do you think?

thanks,

-Bonus-

2. lostnfound

lostnfound Contructiconvict

movie accurate.

And not to tell you how to do your own customs, but I find that customs with slight mods that still transform to ALT mode are far more impressive than the giant non-transforming ones with tons of modes. A transformer isn't a transformer unless it can...you know? transform..

3. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Action Masters, Robot Replicas.

4. Goldlock

Goldlock and don't call me Shirley

News Credits:
    They're not really Transformers though, just ordinary merchandise with the branding...kinda like those Speed Star things & electronic mask doo-hickeys.

To the OP, I suggest movie-accurate job too!

5. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd do movie accurate paint job. I was never really a fan of G1 coloration on a completely different robot.

6. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Maybe, but they're still "Transformers". Hasbro had to prove a while ago that the "Transformers" name wasn't solely because they were toys that "transformed", that's why you rarely "transform" on the packaging when describing what characters turn into what. In order to protect their ownership on "Transformers" it had to be something else. If they were called "Transformers" solely because they transformed, then they'd lose the rights on the term and technically all the other KOs are "Transformers" as well, and they could put "Transformer(s)" legally on their packaging. So now they use phrases like "turns into" or "converts" and "Transformers" is the brand name, rather than a descriptor.

So Action Masters and Robot Replicas (especially the former) are indeed non-transforming Transformers.

7. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Red ironhide!!!!!!!!!!!