Which IDW-verse characters do you love and which do you hate?

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by batfan007, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Omnondippy

Omnondippy peace through tyranny

please don't get annoyed but i absolutely love autobot megatron. he is amazing. other characters like nightbeat, skids, rodimus, drift, ratchet, rung, thundercracker, bombshell, needle nose, misfire, krok, crankcase, grimlock, roller, pax/optimus prime and many more are such well written, some funny, awesome characters. i also dislike titans return sentinel prime with a passion. i also wasn't a fan of METALHAWK. WHY WAS HE BROUGHT BACK TO LIFE IN DARK CYBERTRON TO GET KILLED ABOUT 2 ISSUESS LATER

2. Kakashi

Kakashi Well-Known Member

IDW has pretty much recolored my views of many Transformers.

Some old favorites got new leases on life, while others.... Well, R I P, Prowl.

My faves are Rodimus, Trailbreaker, Ratchet, Cyclonus, Skids, and Megatron in MTMTE, and Thundercracker and Wheeljack in the other book. Sorry, Barber, you fail at making me care about anyone you write about.

3. Mirimus

Mirimus Well-Known Member

I don't want to get into a drawn-out list, but the standouts for me are:

Ultra Magnus/Minimus Ambus: his characterization has been great, and even though he's grown psychologically in some respects, he exemplifies my belief that people, at their core, really don't change. They'll add layers (in his case, literally), but they're always fundamentally the same person.

Megatron: I've always liked just about any incarnation of Megatron anyway, but this is one you can sink your teeth into and get at all kinds of complexity. Finally seeing a glimpse of something beyond the scenery-chewing he's so well known for, getting to the reasons for his anger and hate, and seeing how he views himself and his fellow robots has been a treat. The scene where he attempts to explain himself to Ravage on the alternate Lost Light is absolutely great.

Swerve: he's an average joe always in the midst of circumstances beyond his control who tries to hide his insecurities with humor and endless talking. What's not to like?

• Like Like x 4
  4. CaptainButtocks

CaptainButtocks Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Whilst I can understand the dislike for Getaway, I find him fascinating in the sense of "he's the hero of his own story" really ringing as painfully true for him (for me - your mood may vary!).

From his point of view, he's arranged to have the single biggest tyrant in the galaxy killed and an inept egotistical captain (responsible for bringing on board a monster who killed six of his men) removed from post, all with the backing of the majority of the crew. He likely thinks he's gonna be remembered as the biggest hero since Optimus Prime.

• Like Like x 3
  5. WilyMech

WilyMech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Megatron is one my favorites now since he became 3 dimensional. He perfect counter balance to Rodimus antics. Ravage is a cool cat since I got his picture from Cahill. Soundwave is awesome as always and Thundercracker.

I love Skids. Jazz needs improvement in his character. Prowl enough said

6. Javelin

Javelin Well-Known Member

To be fair, it wasn't Rodimus' decision to bring Megatron onboard. It was forced on him by Optimus (and as much as I love OP, that was STILL a dick move ). He was pretty pissed. Getaway might not know that, though.

7. Focksbot

Focksbot Skeleton Detective

It's tough to respond to this thread properly, because like a lot of TF fans, my favourites still stem from the toys I have as a kid and the characters I liked for their original Universe profiles, and that has held true throughout IDW's run. Even though they are currently completely underdeveloped, I still thrill to catch glimpses of IDW Strafe, Blades, Steeljaw and Dead End, and I long for the return of the Throttlebots, Sandstorm and Slingshot.

The characters I like best are, inevitably, those who are both (a) well-written and in the limelight, and (b) old favourites, at the same time, so Red Alert, Prowl, Ratchet, Blurr, Wheeljack, Starscream, Guzzle, Sunstreaker, Sparkstalker.

In terms of characters I previously had no real affection for, but now love simply because of their IDW appearances, the top one is Crankcase, and then Chromedome, Brainstorm, Whirl, Cyclonus, Rung, Soundwave and Thundercracker.

There aren't many characters I can't stand at all, but I'm still relatively uninterested in (and sometimes irritated by) Drift, Kup (as written by Barber) and Tailgate, and I'm really glad the DJD and Galvatron are out of the way now.

8. Focksbot

Focksbot Skeleton Detective

I think CaptainButtocks was referring to Overlord here. Rodimus did give the go-ahead for Overlord to be loaded onto the Lost Light, having made a deal with Prowl, and then didn't admit it until the end of season 1.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Javelin

Javelin Well-Known Member

Ooooooh, sorry. :) 

• Like Like x 1