which henkei is the best!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ersico, Mar 4, 2009.

1. XxGeck0xX

XxGeck0xX デストロン 情報

News Credits:
    I'm happy with my starscream, to me he's so show accurate so thats a definate plus and the chromness just makes it so much better :) 

2. silenth

silenth Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cyclonus- Flying agent of death in yummy colors.

3. Beanshi

Beanshi 22nd Century Robocat

Only Henkei I own is Prime and he is massively superior the Classics paint job so my vote goes to Prime.

I am Looking for a Henkei Megatron for a decent price tho...

4. jaydisc

jaydisc Well-Known Member

If comparing to Classics, definitely Astrotrain. I really didn't enjoy the mold when I originally got the Hasbro version. When I recently opened my Henkei version, my opinions about the mold completely changed. I've never had a paint job so vastly affect my enjoyment of a mold.

All the Henkei 2.0's are awesome, but I mostly prefer Hasbro for the 1.0's

5. AndreyOfDoom

AndreyOfDoom maximize

News Credits:
    I would say Ironhide. The vehicle mode looks much less broken up with darker red and the stripe. What helps as well is how nice he looks in robot mode.

6. Silent Bob

Silent Bob Well-Known Member

Personally I prefer the Henkei deco’s over the classics on nearly all the figures. I like the more “cartoon accurate” colour schemes, and they just look and feel of a higher quality to me. I also seem to be in the minority here in that I love chrome! Having said that I don’t like, what I feel is, the over use of chrome on Grimlock or Sideswipes chrome Spoiler :rolleyes: 
    As many have said Megatron and Astrotrain are vast improvements in terms of their overall appearance and I think Hound and Ironhide also look much better in the darker Henkei colour scheme.

I am biased (as he is my favourite Autobot) but my Top Henkei is Sunstreaker!
    I love the richer, darker yellow (closer to the Gen 1 figure) which is uniformly applied. No banana yellow/green on the roof/chest for him. The Chromed Supercharger, spoiler and gun all make him awesome. Add that deco to one of the best deluxe molds created and he is my personal fave !!

You can’t best the best !!:thumbs2: 

7. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Toy Designer

Aww...I actually kinda liked Ligier...

Oh well. But most importantly, get Megs and the 'Train. They're the biggest improvements.

I've heard good thing about both of the puzzlebox formers, though. Ratchet and Ironhide all look better in Henkei.

8. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You're not alone! There are more of us Henkei lovers out there than you think! I love the chrome use. It bugs me when people (jumping on a bandwagon) go on about "randomz chrome! LOLZ!!!!". Aside from Grimlock, I think most of the chrome use has been excellent. Prime & Hound's grille, missiles, weapons (just like G1) etc etc. It's all good.

9. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

i'd say the ones that are not available on tfu's are the best. *thrust, dirge, red alert, thundercracker*

or the ones that have new parts and what not *like hotshot*

and then i'd say the ones that are completely different *megatron, astrotrain, powerglide*

to me are all the ones even worth getting, opposed to the cheaper hasbro ones, that is.

10. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    Henkei Smokescreen - a much better homage to the G.1 figure than the Hasbro version.

11. Silent Bob

Silent Bob Well-Known Member

Glad it's not just me !! :thumbs2: 
    I love the chrome to give my transformers some bling, and I'm not worried about it wearing off (like many of my poor old Gen 1's) as I don't handle them as much as when I was kid!!
    Yeah there is far to much "chrome hate" on here. I wonder how many people who claim to hate it will pass up on MP Grimlock?
    He is covered in it and is all the more :drool:  for his shiny goodness !

12. MC Rap Throne

MC Rap Throne unknown member

News Credits:
    I gotta say Starscream. It's just that awesome, and it beats the hell out of MP SS.
    I still have to see the others though. I'm not sure if I'll skip the BW ones.
    But I won't be getting Grimlock, Powerglide and Onslaught. Those look stupid.

13. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    Megatron and Smokescreen ~ the Hasbro versions of those two are a disgrace
    (i do understand the legal reasons on Megs, but it's still horribly ugly:p )

Astrotrain and Starscream are also huge improvements, although the Hasbro ones aren't 'offensively' bad.

i can't believe people are voting for Cyclonus! is it the Show accuracy? cuz i'll take the more toy-acccurate, much more evil looking Hasbro one anyday over Lavenderclonus...

14. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd have to say Cyclonus, with Hound being a close second. Both feature decos that are very evocative of their G1 incarnations. Their transformations are ingeniously simple, with virtually no kibble. I find that Hound has a more convincing alt. mode, while Cyclonus' robot mode better hides the vehicle parts, which in turn causes his alt. mode to suffer slightly. Despite having less articulation, Cyclonus edges Hound out of first place simply due to better proportionality. And he really rocks the lavendar. If that doesn't scream confidence, I don't know what does.

Prime and Megatron are solid, but really feel uninspired (nerf gun aside) compared with the more recently released molds. I suppose the same goes for the other Classics figures; maybe they've just been out for so long.

If I had to pick another, I'd go with Sunstreaker. I'm not a fan of the character or his head sculpt, but something about the highly saturated yellow and chrome really work for me. Very solid.

I also find Ironhide's mold fascinating. Not good, per se, but fascinating. Unnecessarily complicated, like Galvatron, perhaps.

Anyway.

15. Rijie78

Rijie78 Vinyl junkie.

News Credits:
    Sunstreaker. Best Universe/Classics toy IMO, and Takara's has a better paintjob than the Hasbro version. I mean, it matches between parts for a start..