Which had the better final battle?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by darthrage, Jun 25, 2009.

?

Which final battle was better? Downtown or Egypt?

1. Transformers (2007) - Downtown City Battle

24 vote(s)
    32.9%
  2. Transformers ROTF - Egypt Desert Battle

49 vote(s)
    67.1%
  1. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    I've been thinking about which final battle left a better impression on me.

It is really hard to say.

Transformers (2007) - lots of robot moments. Human soldiers were there and didn't do very much. Prime was weak and Megatron was beating him like he was his daddy. Every Autobot/Decepticon had their moments. You see more robot and robot battles and Autobot teamwork. Megatron killed by Sam.

Transformers ROTF (2009) - more epic in scale. WAY MORE human presence and military hardware. Lots of robots, especially nameless Decepticon fodder. Lots of Autobots shooting aimlessly into a target that is always outside of the frame/camera view. Prime as a badass taking out 2 bad guys.

The first movie's battle was 20 minutes long and had more robot on robot action. The 2nd movie's battle was 40 minutes long and had more human on robot action. In fact there were just pure military scene after military scene. There was a moment where I was thinking, is this a Transformers movie or a movie about the war on terrorism??

I still can't decide which battle is better. The last battle is supposed to leave an impression on you. But for some reason, the only thing that left and impression on me from the first film was Bonecrusher death and for the 2nd film it was the forest fight.

I'll check it out again on IMAX this weekend.

2. jostru

jostru Well-Known Member

The first movie was cool because you saw every robot fight and the Autobots worked together and stuff. But the one in ROTF was less good untill Jet Prime showed up. He's just a complete badass and makes up for everything.

3. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The fact that the final battle in the first movie was smaller made it easier to keep track of the core characters and what they were doing. Was the Cairo battle really 40 minutes long? Damn no wonder I lost interest. Basically my problem with it is that is very fractured and is not really doing anything other then showing random violence. I was on the edge of my seat for the entire mission city battle. The only time the cairo battle got my attention was during the BB, twins, and jetfire battles. If Bay had focused more on the other autobots in the battle rather then stock footage of soldiers and protoforms getting capped it would have been way more engaging.

I really wanted to stay with Ironhide's team when they went looking for Sam. They were the only bots to get off their ass and do something and you know they got in some shit. But nope, you see them leave, a bunch of random crap and then boom they find sam and get capped. Then Ironhide disapears again until the big explosion. Also why is Bay so determined to keep BB out of the fight. He gets crippled in the first movie and sent away twice in the sequel. WTF?

4. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Jetfire Prime makes up for the 'Sam and Mikael's Longest 2-3 Miles Ever' part and the fact I'm not sure which Autobots died and which survived during the Egypt battle.

The only bad part of the Mission City battle was Prime getting slapped around by Megatron.

I'll give the edge to Egypt, because of Jetfire Prime, plus Bumblebee kicking ass. Skids and Mudflap even did more damage to Devastator than Jazz did to Megatron.

5. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

ROTF. They've had alot of practice animating those robots since 07.

The first movie Megatron just threw Prime around

6. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Definitely, ROTF! The robots were better animated and we could see more of TFs duking it out - especially Optimus vs Megs and the Fallen. Pretty intense fight it was!

7. King Starscream

King Starscream <b><font color=blue>The Royal Seeker</font></b> Veteran

News Credits:
    I don't know why everyone is criticizing how long it took Sam and Mikaela to run 2-3 miles. Someone who is reasonably physically fit can run 2-3 miles within 15-25 minutes on average. And that's without any obstacles such as war zone involving the U.S. Military and two factions of giant alien robots trying to kill each other.

Regardless the final battle in this movie is way better than the one in the first one. Both the Autobots and the human soldiers looked effective against the Decepticons and Optimus' upgrade and subsequent fight looked completely bad ass.

8. rapid_fire

rapid_fire Banned

first movie was way better, prime and megatron were great, the humans and autobots vs brawl, blackout and starscream was great. lots of cool quotes from prime and megatron.

9. tehCal

tehCal wherever you are i am not

First movie's final battle was better, I think.

You could tell where every bot was, the geography of the battle was simple, it was filmed in a way that it never got too blurry or shaky, and you knew what happened to all the bots at the end of the battle.

In ROTF, it was an overload of lasers and explosions, and too many nameless bad guys flailing around. And the army-building clones was a cop-out. It felt too much like an extrapolation of the Scorponok fight from the first film.

10. EmperorDinobot

EmperorDinobot I claim your sun!

The first one had more team work and more focus on the Autobots. We barely saw the Autobots do anything in the ROTF final battle. In the end it was: Simmons Vs. Devastator, Human military vs. Decepticlones, BB vs. Ravage and Rampage and OP vs. Everything evil.

I wanted to see more Ironhide, Ratchet, Arcees and Sideswipe in the final battle.

A lot more.

11. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ROTF was way more explodey. Any fight that involves JDAMs is win in my opinion.

12. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    Other than the aircraft carrier blowing up in Pearl Harbor, the dessert explosions in the air strike in ROTF was the coolest explosion I have ever seen

13. anti-hero

anti-hero Well-Known Member

The final battle in the 2007 movie was cool, but they hardly showed Prime and Megatron fighting! You hear "One shall stand, one shall fall" and next thing you know the fight is over with Megs standing over Prime!

I liked the new final battle better mostly because there was a lot more going on, so I'll be able to watch it over and over again on dvd and continually see new stuff (i'd assume anyway). Plus, BB got taken out at the very beggining of the first battle, which really sucked imo. I loved how they made up for that in this one with his fight with Rampage and Ravage.

14. Matt Starr

Matt Starr Well-Known Member

I had to go with the original. ROTF was a bit drawn out for me...it seemed like it dragged on rather than being the exhilerating rush it was intended to be.

15. phillyfilmgirl

phillyfilmgirl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I liked the first movie final battle...it was a lot realer....and plus it was easier to follow and there wasnt just like random people in it like the parents and such...rotf battle was cool, but it was very drug out and made me kinda dizzy with all the action

16. super mecha

super mecha Well-Known Member

I liked the rotf for the pure action that was just thrown at you. But the end fight in TF1 was better to me. It seemed more put together

17. King Diamocon

King Diamocon Well-Known Member

The final battle in the first film was far better. It was easy to follow and it spotlighted all of the Autobots and Decepticons to some degree and at the end you knew what had happened to every character (except Barricade :confused: ). The Egypt battle was really between the Decepticons and the military which sucks because I didn't pay ten bucks to watch humans blow up robots, I payed ten bucks to watch robots blow up robots. The only Autobots we got to see do anything was Optimus, Bumblebee, and the twins. But what the hell happened to everyone? Where the hell did the twins go? Chromia? Sideswipe? The movie made Devastator look like a chump, it made The Fallen look like a chump, in fact the Decepticons looked weak as a whole in that entire fight. They did more damage landing on Earth than they did actually fighting.

I didn't feel any tension at all. The final fight in the first film had me on the edge of my seat. In RotF I hardly felt anything; maybe it was sensory overload, but I think it was because the Egypt battle was just flashes of mindless violence. No purpose at all.

To say that I was disappointed by the final battle in RotF would be an understatement. Talk about wasted potential :banghead: 

18. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Definitely the battle in Egypt.

19. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I don't understand the 2-3 miles run complaint. To run a mile in itself is pretty demanding!

Again, I agree. I was abit disappointed when Prime made the "One shall stand, one shall fall" statement and they showed Sam running for cover.

For me, it was opposite. I was thinking how the heck Sam is going to reach Optimus' body. And I was like "they're in trouble now" when the Fallen made his appearance and started operating the Sun Harvestor.

On a side note, I'm glad they used Scorponok again - sort of ties up any loose ends from the first flim.

20. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    First movie's final battle was much better. Well apart from the Devastator and Jet Prime parts.