Which Ginrai Toy is this?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Recall, Sep 5, 2006.

1. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    Yes I am a noob to the whole Transformer jargon thing so please just read through it and bare with any blatant mistakes.

As a child (about 17 years ago) I thought I had an Optimus Prime toy, It was quite large in the robot mode. The chest of the robot was actually a smaller robot of Optimus Prime and was used as the front of the truck. The trailer was the base of the robot, and could also be a Battle station type thing. It also came with a smaller transformer that fit into Optimus' chest.

After watching Masterforce I realised the toy I had was actually Ginrai but what toy was it I used to have, whats its correct toyline name?

I have no idea how I got such a toy as a child most likely an xmas gift but am really interested in tracking it down again. So any info concerning this toy and if its even possible to get hold of one again in the UK would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to those who help.

2. Kupp

Kupp Ford Fanboy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    power master optimus prime is what you had. I got him for x-mas too.

3. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    Thanks for the fast reply. Powermaster Optimus Prime, Cool! Wish I still had it or at least knew where it was, lol

I remember owning quite a few transformer toys as a child I don't honestly know the names off by heart but I can remember what they look like. They were the days, lol

Edit: This is the picture of what it was like:

http://www.tfu.info/1988/Autobot/OptimusPrime/vehiclemode2.jpg

Thanks again for the name powerlinx kupp i'm off to go see if I can buy it anywhere.

4. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You're in luck actually, he was reissues not too long ago along with an add-on trailer bot. They're still available here and there for around $40-50 I think.

I got my original PM Prime as a 'keep him quiet during a long-ass car ride' gift one summer. :D 

5. freezowave

freezowave Well-Known Member

Yup, you're lucky in the fact he can be had on the cheap. Not so lucky in the fact that once you get him you'll end up getting more, and more, and more...

6. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    Is there any place thats recommended to make such a purchase?

I've gone through my loft and found a couple toys in an odd box or two and according to tfu there are drag strip, motormaster and Brawl - Yay for me, lol.