Which Figure Will Sell More/Be Harder To Find? Animated Blitzwing Or Shockwave?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GrimlockAutobot, Sep 11, 2008.

1. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Me No Bozo Me King!!

News Credits:
    Since we're all falling all over ourselves to get Animated Blitzwing something occurred to me. When all is said and done which figure will be more sought after and harder to find Animated Blitzwing or Shockwave.

During both their pre-release, they both seem to have a large number of collectors swooning over them. (myself included.) So, in your opinion which one will end up disappearing off of shelves faster?

I guess I'm asking which you think will be more popular with collectors? I'm asking this out of curiosity and also if I can order just one online, I'm going to use this thread to help me decide.

Also, judging by fan reaction I'd have to say these are the two most popular animated figures. (even though Shockwave isn't even out yet.) Do you agree?

Thanks for posting!!

2. Tim Formas

Tim Formas Old Man Administrator

News Credits:
    Upon the releases of each, I think Shockwave would be harder to find. Not because he may be more in demand, but because he'll be coming out possibly before Christmas.

Excluding the Christmas factor, I think both would be equally hard to find. In order to keep up variety in assortments (especially Voyager and up), there is usually only one of each new figure per case in order to keep variety on the shelves. With each character being popular, it's usually luck to get to a store stocking that one figure before the next collector/fan does.

3. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
    I have no interest in Blitzwing, therefore I'm thinking Shockwave will be impossible to find.

But I also hope for a purple Shockblast repaint.

4. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fan reaction? I see more DA fangirls masturbating to Blitzwing because of his RANDUM PERSONA XDDDDDDDDD than collectors for the toy.

Probably Shockwave considering he's a X-Mas toy.

5. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I'd say both will be equally difficult given the case distributions. I have not seen a single Blitzwing yet, and I imagine the same difficulty with Sockwave when he is released.

6. Code

Code Banned

Ebay:
    none, all will be flooded

7. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
    Sockwave.
    When you open the dryer and a wave of socks falls on you.
    Know the signs.

8. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    More modes more rarity!

9. ad0nis01

ad0nis01 Well-Known Member

I agree, if Shockwave is coming out close to christmas shopping season he is going to be hard to find.

10. djmagic

djmagic Well-Known Member

i would say shockwave cause i know i'm gonna buy 2 and others are gonna buy 2

11. Tim Formas

Tim Formas Old Man Administrator

News Credits:
    On the flip side, there are likely people who would buy multiple Blitzwings for displaying in a) all three modes or b) all three faces.

12. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Shockwave.

Christmas time. Four modes.

Blitzwing was hard to find because the release dates are screwy but he's starting to pop up everywhere now. Christmas'll be a big factor. Of course hard to find doesn't mean impossible.

13. trebleshot

trebleshot www.Toyark.com Veteran

News Credits:
    Well, if the Wal-Mart aisle cubes are any indication, I think there will probably be quite a few on Black Friday, but hard to say how long they'll stay [/Wheelie].

My money is on Shockwave, though, simply because I already have Blitzwing.

14. unicronsupreme

unicronsupreme supremest of unicrons

News Credits:
    This is why I'm going to unashamedly but a prerelease Shocky once the prices get under $80. My $65 prerelease blitzwing was the best deal i got on any of them since Blitzwing only started showing up here this week and I got him months ago whereas the rest were only a couple weeks early.

15. djmagic

djmagic Well-Known Member

you might have a point with blitz, however though i still say blitz cause a lot of us are already getting/have him. Shockwave on the other hand is owned by a select few

16. shogun221

shogun221 timewaster extraordinaire

Ebay:
    I'm not especially convinced that either will be all that hard to find in the long-run. I have yet to see an Animated figure that failed to reach some degree of saturation in stores. It might take some time. God knows I looked everywhere for Soundwave when he came out, but now I'm practically tripping over him in the toy isle.:tongue: 

That said, Animated Shockwave may be tougher to come by during the holidays because he'll be the newer fig. People looking for Blitzy will already have had a crack at him for a few months. It wouldn't surprise me if Blitzwing, being a main character that's gotten some airtime, may ultimately outsell a more obscure (from the standpoint of the show) figure like Shockwave.