which entire classics line was the best?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by the unacronner, May 12, 2011.

1. the unacronner

the unacronner Well-Known Member

Hi... which classics line release was the best? 1.0 2.0 or 3.0
    also if they make a 4.0 line which they will I am sure...who would you want in it?

I would say 3.0 simply because the molds as whole were outstanding this time

I would say the classics line ranks in this order 3.0 2.0 1.0

Jazz is incredible....scourge has a flawless robot mode and a great transformation...we finally got thundercracker and wheeljack!!!

as for 4.0 I would like trailbreaker, Blitzwing, Arcee and another dinobot (maybe slag or snarl) to start things off.

PS I know that technically they aren't all labeled Classic whatever point whatever....its just easier to say 1.0 2.0 3.0 instead of that whole chugu name thingy

2. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

Good thread idea but I'm going to totally disagree (sorry) and say the first line.

It's the line that started classics, it had that BB mold, that Prime mold and Jetfire. Yes, lots of people are frustrated by the seeker mold (I'm not) and the Megatron gun is just silly but, for me, the Mirage toy is just my favourite piece since I've started buying TFs again. Astrotrain and Grimlock are in my meh category (I don't own them).

I don't expect the second line to do well because there's a lot of hate toward the Ironhide and Galvatron molds*, and a bit of antipathy toward the Lambo brothers, but don't rule out Hound and Cyclonus as big fan faves.

*Classics Galvatron rules, btw. (In my opinion.)

3. TrukkinMunky

TrukkinMunky Autobot

Ebay:
    I would want to say 1.0 because of the three awesome voyager molds. But I'm gonna have to agree and go with 3.0(the Generations and Revel the Shield line). Jazz, Tracks, Thunderwing, ect, ect, all those guys were awesome figures and were some of the best transformers figures I have ever seen. But my order would go 3.0, 1.0, and finally 2.0. I think the second series(Universe 2.0) had some good figures but didn't really wow me too much. The Twins, Hound, Inferno, and Cyclonus were the best from that series.

4. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    Going to have to go with Generations - for me, there wasn't a single bad toy in that line (while Classics & Universe both had the odd dud, IMO).

5. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    1.0, I always feel to this day like I owe Hasbro more money for Jetfire...$20 just had to be mismarked.

Grimlock was cool. 3.0 gave us Kup and scourge....in theory it also gave us Perceptor and Wreckgar, but I've never seen any proof of that.

6. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    if united is included in 3.0, then 3.0 for me.
    the perfection of the megatron mold/paint is just too big of a ++++ for me, and puts it ahead of the other lines. thats not even counting wreckgar, scourge, jazz, wheeljack and many other outstanding toys.

7. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Generations/RtS for me. Seems they are making them better and better.

8. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT

News Credits:
    It's a tie between 1.0 and 3.0. 3.0 has better molds, but 1.0 had more iconic characters.

9. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    3.0 shoudl of course have better toys and molds since 1.0 is what 5 years old soon. That is alot on the toy market.

10. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

they were all good. can't decide. i can't say one is better than the other. toy distribution was pretty good ie. tak/bro did a good job keeping me wanting more and more by distributing the ones i want and the ones i'd pass on. if the distribution of characters were any different, i think i would have passed on many of them .

i think 2.0 so far has the most characters distributed in on sitting.

i pretty much have most of the ones i REALLY want so 4.0 should revisit maybe 3 or 4 of the ones already there.

- complete minibots with revisit of cliffy and bb
    - delay some season 3 peeps and complete season 1 and 2 first
    - complete dinobots with correct size. revisit ultra class for this.
    - 1 gesthalt/combiner. each limb is deluxe class. wouldn't want it any other size

it shouldn't include beast wars or any other lines, beast wars uni 2.0 were shelf warmers if tak/bro at the time were testing the market for these with dinobot. this should prevent them from making more.

11. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I like 'em all. I can't decide as I have favorites from all 3.

12. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    1.0 for me as it reintroduced me into g1 and got me back into the comics as well, far to many great molds (even though they are older) came out of that line and i thank tak/has for allowing me to revisit part of my childhood that i was a little to young to appreciate

(my brother had all the good g1 toys)

13. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    1.0 was amazing. Classics prime and mirage are both absoloute gems add into that jetfire, megatron, astrotrain bumblebee, Rodimus, grimlock and the seekers and it was the best for its time i would say. If i had to order them i would go for 1.0/3.0/2.0 with 1.0 only winning out because of classics prime i just think that mold is great. with 2.0 it seemed every figure had at least some small hang up but 3.0 has really pulled it out of the bag character, poseability and release wise however it just wont win over the initial excitment the first line had.

14. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

For me, I'm going to have to say.... Classics 2.0. Lots of awesome figures came out in the Classics 2.0/Universe.

15. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    3.0 has some really great stuff in it but I think concentrated to much on newer guys like Kup, Blurr, Wreck-Gar, etc. Although like I said, WG and the bunch are great. We did get Grapple, Wheeljack, etc. also so it's good.

I think they need to make a new Galvatron and Grimlock. Both should be bigger IMHO. And maybe just do a different Dinobot every other wave or three. I think they should try and give us all 5 of them.

Grimlock, Slag, & Snarl as voyagers, Sludge as an ultra, and the Swoop as a deluxe would work for me.

16. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Bloodsail Admiral

It's hard to choose. Each new classics style line has great figures and i am not going to say Gen/RTS is better because of more articulation that just comes from 4 years passing since the first classics line. That being said i have to say 2.0. Simply because this line had the Ultra class figures which i think they were awesome figures. It gave us Inferno which i still think is one of my favorite classics toys. It also gave us the Sunstreaker mold which i think is a great mold and it also gave us Cyclonus. The only figure that i have real issue with is in this line is Galvatron and thats simply because he had such a terrible transformation but the overall looks of the figure are nice in both modes.

17. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Classics 1: I have good memories picking up all of those. Great nostalgic characters in amazingly functional toys.

The Autobots felt like a really strong team of molds for the time. Especially Prime, Jetfire, and Mirage.

Its weakness may have been a lack of decepticons. But Megatron, Starscream, Skywarp, Ramjet, Astrotrain, The predator minicon team, destruction team, and dirt digger team.

You could stretch it out with the cool cybertron legends repaints at the time like trypticon and whirl. Or the store exclusives with Toys R US Soundwave and Devastator.

A lot of people come down on classics megatron's colors. Though I actually like insane colors. green and purple had hints of shockwave tech. Though I did also add the henkei later for G1 accuracy.

18. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Generations. I completed the line. The closest the line comes to a dud is Skullgrin, and he's still pretty awesome.

I will also submit as an argument that they had a wave that consisted of Kup, Wheeljack, Scourge, and Thundercracker.

19. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

I am going to have to go with Generations on this one. The different classics lines just kept getting better and better and I think have peaked with Generations/RTS. It will be difficult for Hasbro to top themselves with Classics 4.0.

20. the unacronner

the unacronner Well-Known Member

dont be a negatron be an optimust ..har har...I believe they can top the last line...think about a classics style Shockwave! wouldnt that be cool?