Which Ending Works Better?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Paladin, Jul 3, 2011.

1. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    One of the most debated factors in DOTM is the ending, where Optimus kills Megatron & Prime before the Space Bridge brings Cybertron completely to Earth.

But the version in theaters is different from the comic/novel adaptation. In THESE Megatron takes his few surviving Decepticons back to Cybertron, vowing to "return for Optimus" when the world is restored.

Which one do you think is a better end to the story? What would you have wanted to see?

2. rego0012

rego0012 Well-Known Member

i like the movie better.
    optimus would have to be insanely short sided to keep megatron around considering he has been working behind everyone back. he would just do it to him too

3. Infiltrait0rN7

Infiltrait0rN7 Deceptibot

News Credits:
    The novel/comic ending would have made the movie for me.
    I know to most people, the novel/comic's ending sounded absolutely ridiculous, but you had to have read the whole book to have the ending make any sense. The events prior to the ending & character monologues were there to set the ending up. It would have added to what the prequel comics were all about, mainly Foundation.

4. erjaho0614

erjaho0614 Autbot/Maximal

The set-up for the novel/comic ending would have required a lot of the visual stuff to be cut or slimmed down in favor of a bit of the monologues, which I doubt the casual moviegoer would appreciate. Even though I'm starting to like the ending they had, Bay should have done a better wrap-up of the trilogy instead of only like a couple lines from Optimus and then the credits. A quick montage of the events and characters after the final fight would have sufficed.

5. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    The film.

Although, instead of having Megatron flee to Cybertron in the novel, have Soundwave do that instead.
    Later SW can tell a Unicorn, or a powerful figure to bring Megatron back as, or Galvatron, whatever.

6. Geof7609

Geof7609 Brake Pioneer

I flipped through the comic today cos I'd heard that the betrayal moment was handled a bit differently, and good lord that art was so bad that I have to discount anything it contains that isn't already in the actual movie.

7. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Go Dennis Erb Jr. #28!!!

News Credits:
    I think they both would have worked well. I think it would have been a nice ending if Megatron and Optimus had a truce and brought things back to the way they used to be before the war. It would have been a great ending for Transformers

But, mainly what I don't like about the film ending is that it was too short. Megatron and Optimus' battle should have been longer with greatness and epicness. I also wish that there were scenes after the battle where Prime got his arm back and the Autobots were rejoicing as well as Sam and Carly. While all this was happening, Prime could have been giving a long, closing final speech to the series before hitting the credits.

8. Xhairs

Xhairs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    movie worked as now you can have Galvatron & Unicron and the head master

9. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

We've had then fighting in two movies already. It's been done. This battle is rightfully between OPtimus and Sentinel. Plus you have a Megatron character that in this movie is pretty much beaten and broken already. He doesn't have much in the tank. For another epic battle it would not seem right.

10. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Movie works better. Considering the history of the 'Cons, it would have been naive to just forget what they had done.

11. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The movie ending.

LOL YEAH LET'S MAKE A TRUCE WITH AN EVIL ROBOT THAT THREATENED TO DO EVIL STUFF TO EARTH FOR THE PAST 3 MOVIES GUYS. SIMPLY KILLING HIM AND MAKING SURE NOTHING ELSE HAPPENS IS OUT OF THE QUESTION.

12. ThisGuy

ThisGuy True Leader

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I liked the comic ending.
    I loved the movie ending.

13. Honorbound

Honorbound The Reclusive Semi-Lurker

Definitely the movie ending: Megatron deserved to die, and Optimus actually followed through on his "We will kill them all" line. This is an Optimus who actually gets stuff done.

14. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    While I haven't read the comic or the novel I have a little understanding of what happened and I would say the movie all the way on this one. Megatron's pursuit of the Allspark and power brought about the the destruction of their civilization and countless Transformers and thousands of humans. I just can't see him truly wanting to have any kind of truce, just a chance to regroup and try to conquer again. After all he has done he got what he deserved, even if it was too quick and painless.

Speaking of a quick end, Optimus was damaged too badly to put up a prolonged fight so finishing Megatron off quickly was the best way to make sure it got done. If he hadn't Megatron would probably have owned him easily and we would have to watch Bumblebee and the others try to take him out.

15. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This, but prefer the Movie ending.

16. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    I like the idea of the novel ending. Megatron tiring of war goes off to rebuild Cybertron. Another aspect is that I (and one of my friends) felt like Optimus just murders Megatron in cold blood in the movie.