which do you prefer?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by imwthstpd, Jul 20, 2009.

1. imwthstpd

imwthstpd that crazy fanboy

News Credits:
    hi people,
    looking at a ton of tfs through the history, some of the toys have been growing very complicated transformation wise. this is mostly with the movie line *coughcough*leader prime*coughcough* and then there are more simpiler transformations like in the animated line.

i wanna know which type of transformation do you prefer, and why. are you the kind of person that likes the complicated tfs (truck to robot, Aaron:D ) or do you like the simpiler, sometimes more thoughfull transformations. or do you only care about how thought full the transformation sceme is.

Me, i really like the simplier ones because i dont really like sitting down and taking more than 5 minutes(im a wimp:) )transforming a toy and then playin around with it, then taking 10 minutes to transform it back. i just like playing with sumthin, then taking like 30 seconds to transform it and so on.

discuss:D 

2. Aigis

Aigis Anti Shadow Weapon TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I like simple transformations, like the Universe and Animated toys.

3. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I prefer simpler transformations. If I wanted a rubix cube, I'd go buy one (I just saw an Allspark rubix cube at Target yesterday). When I'm finished with a figure that was a pain in the ass to transform, I don't finish with a feeling of pride. I finish with a feeling of relief that it's over with. I actually want to enjoy these toys, and it's not quite as fun when I'm sitting there for 20-30 min. trying to figure out what the hell isn't clicking for me. That's just me though.

If I were a kid, I'd still prefer simpler transformations, just for easier playability. If I were a kid I'd never ever transform Leader Prime, and it'd make me sad that the fun of a 'transforming' toy would go right out the window because the difficulty of transformation takes the fun out of actually transforming it while playing with it.

4. TheFallen

TheFallen Megatronus

News Credits:
    I like transformations along the lines of animated Ratchet, simple but somewhat involved. But I do enjoy the occasional truck to robot.:lol 

5. squawkbox74

squawkbox74 Mawile enthusiast

Twitter:
    I prefer a complicated transformation. And also beast transformations.

6. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I want non-stop difficulty. I don't wanna say I hate the simplicity of some transformations (let's say G1 Optimus Prime) but I enjoy a thoughtful and challenging transformation (let's say ROTF Optimus Prime).

When I get the money, MP Megatron is next.

7. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    while i perfer simple transformations, i do like a complicated one here and there, to test my skills lol i learned that transformers can be harder than rubix cubes hehehe (he could solve those things in no times, but activators ratchet was just too much for him hehehe)

8. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    I don't care. As long as it gets from mode A to mode B. It also matters if the both modes look nice. So if takes a complex transformation to get there, I don't care.

9. Omega Charge

Omega Charge CHARGE ON

News Credits:
    Love those simple, solid transformations.

I like some good complicated ones once in a while, but what I don't like is if the complexity is due to having to mess around with a bunch of tiny panels and such once you've already figured out the transformation. But I have to admit, you feel quite satisfied when you're done.

10. mugen_prime

mugen_prime Well-Known Member

It depends... for the most part I like complex transformations. Part of the fun of transformers is actually transforming them. But sometimes there's fairly simple transformations that are fun. So it all depends, as long as the transformation is fun, that's all I care about.

11. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    I find tough transformations more fun.

12. kwickstrike

kwickstrike Banned

Ebay:
    if u r the type of guy that likes hard transformations (like myself) i dont think mp megs will be harder than rotf prime

13. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like both kinds, though I prefer more complex transformations. I also sometimes prefer simpler transformations when they are interesting (ROTF Starscream's transformation fascinates me for some reason, especially compared to the '07 version).

14. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

I like the challenge of figuring out a difficult transformation. Even ROTF Prime wasn't as bad as people have said (I was more worried about breaking something than worrying about the transformation complexity). It's a fun challenge to figure it out, and I'm disappointed when the figure just kind of unfolds.

15. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I prefer simple. But complex can be good too as long as its fun. (But I can tell you right now I have no desire to pull rotf jetfire off the shelf)

16. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I like both, but in the end, if I had to choose one over the other, I would have to go with the more simplistic one's. Not that complexity is bad, just that the more simple TF's seem to hold together better, and for longer.

17. TacticalSamurai

TacticalSamurai Hunter Killer

I prefer very innovative and thoughtful transforming toys. My picks are the new ROTF Optimus Prime, Mixmaster, ROTF Starscream, and etc.

If you wanted challenge, I suggest any of you who has $240.00 to buy Yamato's 1/60 YF-21 Omega One from the Macross Plus series. He is a beast to transform.

18. KingGrimlock

KingGrimlock Assuming Direct Control

ehh im somewhere in between i like them to be chalenging but not overly complicated like a certain masterpiece figure whom i will never buy for that reason and another reason and if they are simple i like them to have something in their transformation that makes them unique and stand out from other figures.

19. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    That's interesting. I definitely want to give Megs a shot because I've really heard nothing but tough reviews.

20. Omega_Soundwave

Omega_Soundwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Simple transformations. It annoys the HELL out of me when I have to stop my epic battle just to transform one ****ing toy.

People who say "TRANSFORMATIONNN IZ TOO EAZY DIS TOY IS TEH GAYZ!!" piss me off.

EDIT: Only people who say that...not people who enjoy tougher transformations in general.