Which do you like better FOC or WFC?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by scoobsterinc, Sep 2, 2012.

?

Which is better FOC or WFC?

1. Fall of cybertron

62 vote(s)
    53.0%
  2. War for cybertron

21 vote(s)
    17.9%
  3. Both are as good as each other.

34 vote(s)
    29.1%
  1. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    Just a poll to see what people think. If you want leave a explanation why you think the one game is better.

Personly I find FOC a lot better.

2. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love both, but like FOC better. Better Multiplayer options, Dinobots, dashing for everyone and the graphics look better. Still they are 2 great games.

3. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Fall of Cybertron has a great story, a more in depth character creator, and more varied environments, along with more refinements.

I miss the weapons from War, the vehicle abilities, and the amount of abilities but on the whole Fall is a grand step above War.

4. Muramasa

Muramasa Well-Known Member

I liked them both equally. I did miss having two others your character can have fun chats with. Or in the Cons case, belittle or threaten.

5. Compewtrawn

Compewtrawn Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    They are both very different experiences, I like that there are less climax/defend battles in FoC, but I also wanted more bosses in FoC.

FoC wins for the last scene and the switching. I also think the could have done more with Bruticus, but i think you would have needed another Gestalt to fight to make it make sense...or fight Bruticus as the 5 Dinobots and make it a level-long fight.

I hope they keep going with this series and take it up another notch as they fall to earth with more combiners duking it out. We need a Devastator vs. Menasor vs Bruticus battle in our hands

6. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    I haven't been able to really get into multiplayer. But I one thing I do like about FOC is that each level is different. You have different play styles for each character. Cliffjumper with his cloak, Jazz with his grapple, thing like that just give the campaign more variety then just shooting in WFC.

So for single player, my vote goes to FOC. I don't know about multiplayer though.

7. SG17

SG17 PSN: SG-17

Fall of Cybertron is better in every way, especially the multiplayer.

8. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    FoC easy.

I prefer WFC on the DS by a wide margin to the Xbox/PS3.

9. Wikkid

Wikkid Semi-retired customizer

WFC knocks the shit outta FOC and hard.

FOC has a better campaign and story in every way but that doesn't give it replay value. FOCs Escalation is horrendously slow and boring. It's Multiplayer is just as bad to the point of being virtually unplayable for any length of time.

I've played WFC every night since it's release and enjoyed the shit outta it. I've also played FOC since release and find it to be a major disappointment so much so that I've gone back to WFC.

10. UltraPrimus56

UltraPrimus56 In the ruins of paradise

Even though I think FOC is a bit better, WFC just has a lot more to offer. Sure the graphics look better, each character has a different style, it has dinobots, and the game runs smoother... But War feels like the sequel instead of FOC, because it brings more to the table. Escalation is faster and isn't only limited to 15 waves, you have more weapons and abilities, the campaign is much longer, more characters are involved, you get to choose your characters, and you have some awesome perks and big fucking weapons in multiplayer. While FOC is a bit better to me still... WFC has more to bring to the table.

11. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They're both good for their own different reasons, but overall I think WFC has more to offer when it comes to replay value. I don't see myself playing FOC's MP too often or it's escalation mode unless they add more maps and characters or maybe increase the amount of waves.

12. vatarian

vatarian SPIDER8ITCH

FOC
    Multi:////////
    Escal://///
    Story://////////

WFC
    Multi:///////
    Escal:////////
    Story:////////

13. The Constructicon

The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

I like the Fall of Cybertron campaign more but I almost like War for Cybertron's multiplayer more. That is before it was totally ruined by modders and cheaters.

War's multiplayer just felt more beefy, there were perks, kill streaks, vehicle abilities, two abilities at the same time... Fall only has two abilities PERIOD per class, no kill streaks, no perks, no vehicle abilities, no grenades, it feels watered down. All they really added was customization and sprint and then gutted the rest.

Having two abilities made me feel like I could truly custom tailor my character and playstyle, it was amazing, in fact the multiplayer demo caused me to cancel other games on reserve and I bought it solely on the demo. I can understand the removal of double jump but I would have liked to see it come back as an ability so people could choose it if they wanted to give up their other ability. Or even let people toggle between sprint and double jump. The removal of vehicle abilites was dumb though, however even if they put 'em in they're all just dash in the campaign. The only different one is barrel roll on the jets.

Oh and I really REALLY miss the slide you had when coming out of a transformation... Boosting in as a car then transforming in midair and landing hard with a long slide right into battle with guns blazing felt epic every time.

14. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    I'm finding FoC less challenging and more irritating. I'm also finding it far less cool. I thought the environments and environment interaction were better in the first. I like the new stuff that they brought to it, but I feel like they left some of what I liked about WFC in the dust.

15. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    Dang it, mis-clicked (since they were in reverse chronological order). I liked the first one better.

Single-player WFC was *far* better.

16. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    Fall of Cybertron. Longer campaign, superior Multiplayer, more mobility, better balance, and it has appeal more than "big transforming robot war", such as Grimlock, Bruticus, customization, etc.
    Only real downsides is lack of vehicle usefulness and the cliffhanger ending.

17. SG17

SG17 PSN: SG-17

These are what drove me away from WfC's multiplayer. It felt like they were trying to imitate Call of Duty.

With FoC they finally found their niche.

18. The Constructicon

The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

Nothing wrong with that, hell they're owned by Activision too.

19. rego0012

rego0012 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    single player: foc
    multiplayer: wfc

20. Wikkid

Wikkid Semi-retired customizer

Oddly enough, I feel it's FOC that's geared more towards COD which is why I don't like it.

FOC almost eliminates the point of the vehicle mode with the sprint now in play. I don't even bother transforming in the game as you're far more agile as a robot. In WFC, the vehicles could escape situations or be used in a tactical manner.
    FOCs abundance of junk to hide behind is also a COD trait. In WFC, you could quickly navigate and maneuver your vehicle throughout the maps without the dead stop/90 yard toss that plagues FOC.
    FOC allows a player to dodge gunfire by diving out of the way endlessly much like COD. In WFC, if you were down on health, you could throw up a shield between you and an opponent and drop a mine, buying enough time to make a run for a power up. Or as a Scout you could hit em with an EMP then make your run for it. FOCs only option in this situation is to dive repeatedly or just die.
    I could go on but it's things like this that make FOC more COD and less unique to the transformers brand. These are also the reasons the game feels incredibly slooow.