Which death tugged at your heart more?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by seeker311, Jul 6, 2007.

1. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    The deaths of Iron hide, Ratchet, Prowl, Brawn, Wheeljack and Optimus from the 86 movie or the death of Jazz from the new movie?

2. bushboy

bushboy Hardcore Decepticon

The death of Brawl and Bonecrusher in the new movie

3. Eric

Eric Per sempre marciamo.

News Credits:
    The death of Blackout, Bonecrusher, and Brawl in the new movie, along with Jazz.

4. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    I was kid when I saw the movie in 86 so that was pretty tough. Although I was a little said Bonecrusher went down so fast. At least it was awesome.

5. Autobot HipHop

Autobot HipHop Covert Operations

Although the death of Prime still hurts, this new Jazz death hurts more for me. Finally, I wait for 20 years to see my favorite character Jazz in the new movie (who I thought was VERY cool and well done) and he gets torn in half. Oh well, at least he died against the ultimate Decepticon and not Frenzy heh.

Why do my two favorite characters have to die in the TF movies? :(  And to friggin Megatron at that!

6. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    Jazz.

Brawn, Ratchet, Ironhide, and Prowl left me with a feeling of "HOW F***ING COOL WAS THAT" after seeing the Cons take them down so easily.

7. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Unlike the 86 moive, I could care less about any of the Transformers that died in the movie.

8. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    the old one of course. we hardly even knew movie jazz outside of whats crackin bitches.

9. Number1sikko

Number1sikko Autobot

News Credits:
    Brawls death def. He was soo badass that they should have let him live so we can see more of his badassness in the next movie. Also Jazz' death. I would have wanted to see Ratchet go instead of Jazz.

10. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My favorite (Prowl) was the first (Transformer) to go in the orginal movie, and I was looking forward to seeing him throughout, so I feel your pain.

11. evebird

evebird Waiting for Omega

The Jazz death in the current movie has absolutely no emotional resonance at all. The character has all of two lines of dialogue. We aren't given the chance to get to know the character whatsoever.

12. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Ironhide and Prowl from the '86 movie. There was nothing in the movie that made me connect with Jazz as a character so it was like watching a bully rip apart a toy, nothing more. Plus the first time I saw it I was laughing about the ridiculously stupid dialogue in that scene, so it softened the blow a little maybe.

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Megatron. :(  Jazz.:( 

Even though it's not a death, my 23 year old sister cried when BB got his legs blown off. Alot of people in the theatre went "awww, no" when that happened.

Cartoons dying didn't really bother me. Though when I was 3 and wen rented the '86 movie I was upset when Prime died.

14. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    yeah thats me too. i dunno whether its bay directing skillz, or the writers coming thru, or ILM effects that made bumble so compelling despite the lack of dialogue. i was so rooting for him too when he took aim at the sector seven baddies under hoover damn, that was badass.

15. Ass Nacho

Ass Nacho Awesome Gooey

Lol, I can share this pain as well. I'm 0/2 in Transformers movies.

16. Autobot HipHop

Here's the thing, you are going off of what you knew of the characters from the G1 TV show when they died in the movie. Prowl had no lines in TFTM '86 but you still felt for him because you "knew" who the character was from previous incarnations.

Movie Jazz is the same thing for me. Even though he didn't have that many lines you can tell he's still the same character from G1 with his slick moves and his ebonic style lingo.

You don't have to have 30 minutes of dialogue to know what a character is all about...

17. mtalon1

mtalon1 Active Member

Since I was a heavy comic reader, the "deaths" in 1986 were a complete shock to me. After all the abuse they could take in the comics, a simple blast or two finishes them off? Laaaame. Get Ratchet in there...oh wait, he died too. Anyway, it made me mad more than it did make me sad.

Jazz...well, it's been said. Not enough character, so no sadness there either. He really was the "ethnic dude who buys it first". Was more cheering on Megatron for being bad enough to do it ("two pieces" indeed...shoulda beat OP down with the pieces just for spite). BB's harpooning, torture, and then de-legging was more upsetting.

18. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Animated Optimus' death for me...

19. Autobot HipHop

Many people talk about how they felt for Decepticon Brawl's death and we have no idea what his personality was about. He said absolutely nothing. Ratchet didn't say much really either, but if he would have bought the farm I'm sure sentiments would be different. Again, you don't need infinite dialogue to understand a character.

"ethnic dude who buys it first"? "Spare me this mockery of justice" :) 

QFT. Maybe they'll bring out Prowl in the second movie. At least you could imagine how Prowl might look with barraicade out there.

Feel your pain...it's tough to have your favorite TF lose his spark

20. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    the '86 movie for sure. Prowl was my favorite TF before the movie :cry