Which current toys do you prefer? Movie style or Classics style?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Hyperoptic, Jan 24, 2011.

?

Which current toys do you prefer?

1. Movie style

21 vote(s)
    7.0%
  2. Classics style

236 vote(s)
    78.1%
  3. Both styles equally

45 vote(s)
    14.9%
  1. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    Being that these are the 2 dominant styles on the market these days, I thought it might be interesting to run a poll and see how the interest is spread out. As for me, most people know how I feel about the movie style. So, obviously, I prefer the Classics style.

2. repair_bay

repair_bay Scramble Power!

Ebay:
    I have no problem whatsoever with the movie style - I really like it in fact. But lately, I feel the movie designs have become uninspired and kind of boring. So for the toylines that are currently out, I'll say I prefer the Classics style.

3. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

Classics style. I like the movie style but, after 2 movies...I am done with it.

4. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I have never been a fan of the Movie designs. I think they ignore everything a TF truly is.

I would personally be surprised if anyone votes Movie over Classics, but then again the movie brought a many a number of fans to our folds so who knows.

P.S. I am so happy this is the last year we will be seeing those horrid excuses for a TF.

5. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    Classics, by far. Its a personal preference and that's about the best I can speak to it.

The movie's aesthetic of mish-mashed knives and vehicle parts has grown tired on me. Not that I out and out oppose it, Terradive and Tomahawk are excellent figures and for me, ROTF Gears and Brawn are perfectly acceptable if we don't ever see a more classical reinterpretation of those characters.

6. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    I buy only movie toys to save money. I find the faces of the classics toys to be cartoony which is to be expected since they are based on very old 1980's cartoons.

7. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    I look forward to a balanced discussion where people evenly weigh up the pros and cons of both.

8. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

Classics all the way..... Bayformers look OK as CGI models but for the most part translate into drab, ugly looking toys.

9. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

I'm not totally against the movie style, but some of the designs...well, they just look like garbage to me (ROTF Megatron and, more recently the DotM dread comes to mind) while others are just kick-ass (Bludgeon).

Classics, on the other hand, feel more like the older Transformers in design while keeping up with modern articulation ability/standards and none of them look like giant metal bugs (well, except maybe the insecticons, but that's because they turn INTO giant metal bugs), rather I can actually tell they look like robots.

10. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The movie lines have had a few winners, such as both Leader Primes, Leader Brawl, and Leader Starscream to name a few. But for the most part I prefer the classics/generations aesthetic overall. I think a lot of times the movie figures lose a lot of character when they are translated to smaller figures.

11. Ishino

Ishino Classics Enthusiast

News Credits:
    Classics. Not at all to say the movie aesthetic is bad, I just don't like how...spindly and fragile some of the smaller figures are. As Liege above said though, there's been some absolutely fantastic toys from it, Leaders Brawl and Starscream are indeed two of the very best IMO.

12. Lacimehc

Lacimehc Tastes like medicine

I love both (as well as every other style of Transformers) but right now I'm mostly interested in getting some more classics style figures since the movie lines are currently dominating my collection... I need to balance it out.

13. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I voted classic, but that doesn't mean I don't love the movie figures. I just find that there's so many hits and barely any misses amongst the classics/Universe/Generations/RTS lines but the movie lines have far more than their fair share of stinkers.

I would say I'm about 60-40 in favour of classics.

14. Silvershot

Silvershot On The Double Dutch Bus TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I understand not liking the movie designs, but that comment is quite unfair. They may not fit you personal liking (as well as many others on the boards), but they are everything thing that a Transformer truly is - a robot that transforms into something else for disguise. Sometimes the movie hits that better than other lines.

Having said that, while I do enjoy the movie toys, if I had to pick 1 of the two styles to stick around, it would be the classics style. I grew up on the original toys and cartoon, so I have a bias in that flavor, but I do still like many of the movie toys.

Silvershot

15. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    I detest the movie aesthetic. I enjoy the classics.

16. Detroa

Detroa Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I love both but the fact we aren't getting as much variety (Leader, Supreme, combiners, etc.) in Classics as we do in the Movieverse line makes me choose Movieverse.

17. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

100% agree with this.

18. Wars

Wars Regular At Swerve's™

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Equally for me. I'm loving the latest movie toys that've come out so far, like leader Starscream and Sidearm Sideswipe, but I'm liking a lot of the classics style stuff too. I especially love Reveal the Shield Cyclonus. :) 

19. The touch79

The touch79 Sparticon

I feel a lot of the character molds from ROTF were great and very little improvement could be made upon them, so I feel the upcoming TF3 toys are just going to be meh for me due to the great job hasbro did on the rotf toy line. Classics wins! I just feel the detail is better right now/style and the toys aren't using a lot of the ugly grey plastic to imitate silver/metalic robot parts like what we're seeing with the upcoming TF3 toys.

20. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    Classics for me, but I recently decided I really love the off screen movie stuff like Mindwipe, Lockdown, Terradive, and the other figures like that. Really liking the darker feel and overall aesthetic of the designs.

I'll also admit that I really love the look of the new movie Megatron.