Which collector's book is the best?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Jazz-Bot, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Jazz-Bot

Jazz-Bot Autobot Reconnaisance

Hey everyone,

So I am wanting to get a little more serious about collecting, and I need a guidebook to G1 (and if possible, the other eras as well). Which collector's guide/book would you guys reccomend? I looked at the Worman's book, but it's too small for me. Any thoughts would be helpful and appreciated.

Thansk everyone.

2. Blackout32

Blackout32 Subdivisions

I'm gonna have to join ya on this cause I have been thinking the same thing here lately and say yeah I'm looking for guide of all the G1 TF's toys as well includes the rest of the lines and Books a million and amazon really don't have anything online of what I was looking for.

3. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    I don't believe there is one book with everything in it, or at least I have not seen one.

Most I have seen deal with G1 figs including the one I just ordered:
    [​IMG]

id be interested in one that covers the rest of the lines as well

4. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    The best book covering all of G1 and G2 in toy form is the Japanese book Generations from 2001 (not the recent Generations 2009 books). It has pics of all the G1 and G2 toys from the US, Japan, and Europe, as well as design sketches etc. It's not easy to find though, being long out of print, and still very popular. I'd certainly never be without mine. There are two versions, Generations, and Generations Deluxe, the latter has more concept art etc, both cover all the toys. Covers all of G1 (Euro G1.5, Operation Combination, etc) and G2.

The Cybertronian Guides are also meant to be excellent, I've not got them yet. As well as pics, they've got a lot of detail about the toys. They also don't appear for sale too often. Various volumes cover G1 through to Beast Wars I think.

The Alvarez books are good, but not definitive, there are some omissions. Lots of nice pics, and full of info though. Various volumes cover US G1, Japanese G1, Beast Wars?

The Transmanuals show up on ebay, the second one more commonly than the first. They're not bad, the toys aren't mint, but it does contain info on the most common variants. They cover US G1.

First Series Complete, another Japanese book is a waste of money. Hardly any of the toys have their stickers applied, so they look a bit odd. Covers early G1.

I don't have the recent Bellomo books yet, so can't comment on them.

The best English language books are the Cybertronians, the best overall Generations.

5. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  6. Jazz-Bot

Jazz-Bot Autobot Reconnaisance

Wow, thanks ams. That does answer most of my questions. I think I'll keep an eye open for some of those on ebay or the used book stores. And thanks to everyone else too for the advice.