Which Classics G1 Arcee repaint are you looking forward to the most?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Icespark, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Icespark

Icespark A Spark in the Darkness

News Credits:
    Hey everyone!

I'm rather excited about the upcoming Arcee figure, especially if it will be G1/Classics/CHUG/Whatever-you-want-to-call-the-line figure we've all been waiting for!

I'm curious though, which repaint/remold/re-make of a Classics-Styled G1 Arcee figure are others looking forward too?

Here's a quick list of easy possibilities, for characters with similar designs:

Repaints, no retooling needed:
    Paradron Medic
    Flamewar

Remolds requiring at least a new head:
    Moonracer
    Flareup
    Nightbird
    Nancy (The Female Junkion)

Other:
    A box-set of all the above, plus more! :D 

While I sincerely want all four of the characters I named, I'm personally hoping that we get the Paradon Medic as a Hasbro release in some manner, and quickly at that. She's only had one figure, which would be the Ariel - Paradron Type figure from the Takara - Transformers Superlink line, and that was an exclusive, and, technically, wasn't even her. Other than a few mini-statues, the character has no figures at all. Basically, it'd be nice to get this character without a ridiculously giant price tag, due to being an exclusive, ect. Since there's technically more than one Paradron Medic, it's also be rather nice to have an affordable, mass-retail, troop-builder.

I'd really also like to see Moonracer and Flareup released, especially if the figure receives a remold for a new head design.

There's also some other possibilities floating around as well; I've seen posted requests for Elita-1, Chromia, and even the paint job from the Movie's exclusive Black Arcee.

Also, remember, even if Hasbro and Takara doesn't release all of them, there's still Fun Publications; who could probably make Flareup and Moonracer again, whenever the mold becomes available for either the Club or Botcon.

So, which would you like to see made? Which ones would you like to see released at retail, or as an exclusive? Which ones do you not want to pay extremely expensive import prices for?

Last edited: Jan 10, 2011
  2. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

well,the most popular choices are going to be the g1 fembots or nightbird. ill just be original and go with a Cybertron Thunderblast Homage or somethin'.

3. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

If Arcee gets repainted, I'm certain it will be either Chromia or Elita-1. That's fine by me.

4. kiyoshioni

kiyoshioni The Knife

It doesn't matter, what hasbro doesn't make botcon will the year after, then takara after that, then hasbro several years down the line.

5. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    All of the G1 fembots, as a box set. Though that probably won't happen. If there was 1 I'd choose Moonracer.

6. Icespark

News Credits:
    Nightbird was a character I had not considered at all. Thank you! I've added her to the list. :) 

That would be awesome! :D  Unlikely as it is, I've also added this to the list, due to sheer brilliance! :D 

I think you've summed up how things will play out over the course of time quite realistically, however, I will be more optimistic, and hope that Hasbro will release all the characters that people love, in a timely, and (hopefully) affordable manner. After all, there is that instruction book hint for Black Shadow, and if he can get made, anything's possible. :) 

Last edited: Jan 10, 2011
  7. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

yeah,its kinda a expected thing really,it does seem to be a pattern with the whole "Lets add the entire g1 cast first" thing,that and well it would make sense i thought of nightbird,considering that one of the third party arcees had a retool as nightbird. ill be surprised if one thought of adding a Thunderblast Repaint of the Elita 1 Retool though,they do look rather similiar,especially since botcon elita-1 is a repaint of thunderblast herself. and i would think of a Override Retool also,but i think she's better off as a retool of the Turbo Tracks/Wheeljack mold in my opinion.

8. Icespark

News Credits:
    You know, that's a great idea; if Elita-1 is ever made, I'll certainly campaign for a Thunderblast repaint! :D 

However, I'd prefer to get Road Rage from the Tracks mold first. Override is a good idea, it's just Road Rage has never had a Hasbro release of any type, or any other toy apart from her E-Hobby figure, so, I'd like to see her come first.

Actually, now that I think about it, a two pack could be fun! Override, and her twin brother Nitro Convoy! Make both the Cybertron and Galaxy Force versions of the character together in the same box! :D 

9. Skywave

Skywave Transformers Noob

If it's a G1-esque mold (and a car preferably, not a bike), I'll buy as many repaint/retool as possible. Gotta show Hasbro that Fembot figures can sell too so we don't have to wait so damn long to get more!

10. godbomber

godbomber Henkei != Hentai

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Trypticon.

11. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike I Drank What?

Ebay:
    To be the first sorry but we have yet to see pictures of Arcee,so it could end up being like others have said of TF Prime Arcee from the new show.Although if it turns out to be G1 RC then I would flip out if the repaint of her was Nightbird,also I would love to see Cybertron Override as a retool of her,that fembot was hottttttttt.But I would be happy with any repaint/retool for that matter.

12. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If we get an Acree figure I do not want it repainted. I'd rather not have to wait for all those shelf warmers to disappear.

13. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    The one that makes me groan and facepalm the least

14. Icespark

News Credits:
    That's the spirit! :D 

I believe that Trypticon deserves his own mold, preferably based on the WFC design, and preferably suitably gigantic in comparison to the other figures.

Nightbird is a suggestion that I hadn't thought of earlier. It seems she's somewhat a popular choice. She does need a toy too, considering she's never had one made.

I don't understand what you mean. Which figure based on G1 Arcee shelfwarmed?

I don't understand. Which figure are you referring too?

15. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's a little to specific don't you think? Especially since we never got a G1 Arcee figure. I am referring to straight repaints in general that are for the most part just shelf warmers. Regardless of how awesome this possible Arcee figure, most fans will not be interested in a repaint only.

16. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Paradron medic

17. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    That, and the fact that female figures don't sell well in a boy's toyline

18. Icespark

News Credits:
    I didn't think so. I made this thread to discuss repaints and remolds of a Classics G1 Arcee figure, not repaints in general. I'm sorry if my initial post wasn't clear though; I'll go back and re-edit it. :) 

It is true, that we never have before had a figure of G1 Arcee; we've only ever recieved figures that are so close, and yet, so, far from what we've hoped for. I think that's what has the potential to make this so special: a figure for a character that has never had a toy. If we do receive it, why waste the opportunity to give other characters a figure as well? The characters that we were talking about so far are most likely far too obscure to receive their own, brand new mold, so, let's take advantage of what opportunities we do get! :D 

One last thought; I think most fans would be quite happy to see a repaint or remold of an Arcee figure, then another Mudflap or Bumlebee!

19. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    I can see her getting Paradon Medic repaint.

But me personally, I don't want a repaint. Arcee is more then enough.

20. deliciouspeter

deliciouspeter Back in Black TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Eehhh. Until I see it, I have low expectations. With the exception of TFA Arcee, every hasbro Arcee has been horrible.